Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Careful, Ness. Caddy-police is on the prowl.

No post is safe.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If I respected any of your 18,876 posts on this forum this might mean something to me Caddy. You just wait to point out something to jump on from what I've seen.

Sorry for being part of the disruption of this Tony G appreciation thread all. I'll walk away now.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
If I respected any of your 18,876 posts on this forum this might mean something to me Caddy. You just wait to point out something to jump on from what I've seen.

Sorry for being part of the disruption of this Tony G appreciation thread all. I'll walk away now.
I was once an enthusiastic, naive poster. Not anymore.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Echoing what other AFC West fans have said, no opposing player made me lose more sleep than Gonzalez. He was just an incredible talent, the best I've ever seen at that position. Trading him when they did was a foolish move by Kansas City. He must have a mega TV deal on the table because he is still an elite TE.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to disagree with you.. it was time for Tony G to move on. I loved him, but we were in full rebuilding mode and he deserved a shot at a ring.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not old enough to have seen much of Tony G in his prime while in KC, wish I could've seen more than the past couple years of him.

More than anything he seems like a class act, and a well-respected icon in the National Football League, something that we frankly need more of.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm going to disagree with you.. it was time for Tony G to move on. I loved him, but we were in full rebuilding mode and he deserved a shot at a ring.
But they gained nothing by trading him. They're still in rebuilding mode. At the very least if you put the on field production part of it aside, he was a terrific leader and example for the rest of the team. That's the kind of guy I keep around if I'm a rebuilding team. When you factor in how dominant he is, it makes it a no brainer in my opinion.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
But they gained nothing by trading him. They're still in rebuilding mode. At the very least if you put the on field production part of it aside, he was a terrific leader and example for the rest of the team. That's the kind of guy I keep around if I'm a rebuilding team. When you factor in how dominant he is, it makes it a no brainer in my opinion.
He wanted out. And how would the Chiefs know they'd still be in rebuilding mode three years later?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He wanted out. And how would the Chiefs know they'd still be in rebuilding mode three years later?
What do you think they gained by trading him? They saved some money. Other than that, ? I don't think he would have held out if they declined to trade him. He would have went about his business like he always does.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Such a class act too. Tony Gonzalez is the type of player you want your kids to look up to.

I really wish he won a ring.
I've always read that he's just an incredible human being. I've never read a bad thing about him and people who meet him always say that he's just awesome.

He's also, by far, the best player to ever play his position.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
What do you think they gained by trading him? They saved some money. Other than that, ? I don't think he would have held out if they declined to trade him. He would have went about his business like he always does.
They gained a mid second round pick. They used it on a meh player, but when a player wants out and you want to give him a chance to win a ring or a playoff game, you take the pick and let him move on.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outstanding player. Can't say anything negative about him, other than he wore a Falcons jersey. Amazing physical talent and exemplary character.

I hope Jimmy Graham continues to do everything he can to imitate Tony G. That's a guy that any football player can look up to.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not meant in any way to take away from all the great words that are being spoken about Gonzalez. I don't think anyone can discredit him in the discussion of the greatest TE's of all time. That being said...

I don't think he is done playing yet. His team made it to the last round and still has a young nucleus that will get better. Had they had a back that could finish a big game, I think they would be in New Orleans, not the 49ers.

He has already said that he thinks he could play another 3-4 years at a high level if he wanted to. It isn't so much that I don't think he can walk away, as it is that he can't not come back. He is fiercely competitive, and I think that part of him will win out.

Besides, he needs 308 receptions to catch Rice on the all-time list. 4 seasons would do it. I think it means more to him that he would ever let on.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
This is not meant in any way to take away from all the great words that are being spoken about Gonzalez. I don't think anyone can discredit him in the discussion of the greatest TE's of all time. That being said...

I don't think he is done playing yet. His team made it to the last round and still has a young nucleus that will get better. Had they had a back that could finish a big game, I think they would be in New Orleans, not the 49ers.

He has already said that he thinks he could play another 3-4 years at a high level if he wanted to. It isn't so much that I don't think he can walk away, as it is that he can't not come back. He is fiercely competitive, and I think that part of him will win out.

Besides, he needs 308 receptions to catch Rice on the all-time list. 4 seasons would do it. I think it means more to him that he would ever let on.
Tony Gonzalez is an ageless wonder, but come on, he's not going to play into his 40's...