Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-02-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

In what appears to be an elite OG class [Warmack, Jones, Cooper] where does Warford fit into the picture?

What is his value?

Who does he compare to in the NFL?

JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to get underdrafted because he plays on a team that isn't very good nor get's a ton of recognition in football.

My view? He's a road-graiter. Can be a dominate run blocker, similar to the mold of Carl Nicks, in my opinion.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a ton of OGs like Warmack, Jones and Coope carrying solid 1st round grades.

But I wonder if this group is not so deep that the talent continues in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Kentucky has been on TV so little I know almost nothing about this guy but he is in everyone's rankings.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
He's going to get underdrafted because he plays on a team that isn't very good nor get's a ton of recognition in football.

My view? He's a road-graiter. Can be a dominate run blocker, similar to the mold of Carl Nicks, in my opinion.
Just because you play on a sucky team doesn't mean that you won't get drafted high. Look at Jay Cutler. Vanderbilt was horrible when he played there. Yet, he was still a 1st round draft pick.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Just because you play on a sucky team doesn't mean that you won't get drafted high. Look at Jay Cutler. Vanderbilt was horrible when he played there. Yet, he was still a 1st round draft pick.
But the positional value of a QB is a lot higher than OG.

I'm interested to see how he does in pre-draft activities.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jay Cutler was a QB. Warford is a G. Come on bro.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Jay Cutler was a QB. Warford is a G. Come on bro.
DRC played cornerback at a Division II school in Tennessee, and he was a 1st round draft pick.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a thread on him a month ago so I made a point to watch and I have to say he was pretty impressive. Seems like he would be a great fit for the Eagles of like 3 years ago. I wouldn't say he is on Nicks' level when it comes to athleticism but he looks like a decent mid round option.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
coltDraftnik
Rookie

coltDraftnik is a cocksman.coltDraftnik is a cocksman.coltDraftnik is a cocksman.coltDraftnik is a cocksman.

Some team is going to be lucky to have a mountain that can move like Warford. If he has good leverage, he would be an unstoppable force. A lot depends on attitude too. Will he be a Carl Nicks or a Deuce Lutui. One of the most underrated things about OL is killer instinct. I'm in Purdue country, and I remember defensive lineman all saying that Matt Light could kick their behind, and hearing about how he would dominate people in practice. You have to have some GRRR up front.
coltDraftnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

The more I watch of this the more I am impressed with how he moves.

He does end up on the ground when he is being overly aggressive.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bad example. But in general if a player is worthy of a 1st round pick it doesn't matter how bad or how little tv coverage his team gets. Memphis is a worse team and was pretty much never on tv and Dontari Poe went 11th last year, mostly due to a good combine but still. Same for luke Kuechly on a bad Boston college team, or Mercilus and AJ Jenkins on Illinois
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DRC played cornerback at a Division II school in Tennessee, and he was a 1st round draft pick.
Better example. Mike Iupati is a guard, played at Idaho, and went in the first round.

I don't care how bad at football Kentucky is, they play in the SEC, they're less off the beaten path than Idaho.

I don't think Warford is in Iupati's class, but it's not like talent evaluators would fail to notice if he were.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Warford is having a really nice Senior Bowl and Mayock was talking him up a lot today.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

What do you think the high end for Warford will be?

Do you think as an OG he gets picked before Fluker?

The Bears under the new regime will probably go with the New Orleans method of having huge interior OLmen that can protect the middle of the pocket.

Is Warford a potential player for the Bears?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love Warford on the Bears. I think he'd be a perfect LG. I agree with the NO model with Kromer being the OC and OL coach coming from the Saints. I still contend they'll do whatever they can to sign a FA LT, and putting a big, good rookie next to that vet would be a nice start.

My guess is he'd be there at 50 for the Bears, but I can see him going anywhere from 45-65. I don't think he'll go before Fluker, who I think is a 1st rounder.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Warford ahead of Fluker, but I don't think he will go before Fluker. I give Warford an outside shot at the first round.

(And before we say "no way 2 OGs go in first round", recall who got picked at #24 and #27 last year.)
Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would take Warford ahead of Fluker, but I don't think he will go before Fluker. I give Warford an outside shot at the first round.

(And before we say "no way 2 OGs go in first round", recall who got picked at #24 and #27 last year.)
What makes you like him more than Fluker as an OG?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
What makes you like him more than Fluker as an OG?
Take the sure thing over the position switch. A lot of college OTs have great bodies/skillsets for playing inside but don't have the right mentality to play in a phone booth (or it takes them a while to figure it out.)

With Warford I have a guy who I'm confident is going to be a great guard, as his punch, set, and anchor is already great and his short area footwork is excellent. If he's a scheme fit, there's nothing to teach and he hits the ground running. Fluker's probably going to get a shot outside first, then there'll be some adjustment to playing inside.

I'm happy to take college tackles and move them to guard in the NFL, but I'm hesitant to do it in the first round.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Take the sure thing over the position switch. A lot of college OTs have great bodies/skillsets for playing inside but don't have the right mentality to play in a phone booth (or it takes them a while to figure it out.)

With Warford I have a guy who I'm confident is going to be a great guard, as his punch, set, and anchor is already great and his short area footwork is excellent. If he's a scheme fit, there's nothing to teach and he hits the ground running. Fluker's probably going to get a shot outside first, then there'll be some adjustment to playing inside.

I'm happy to take college tackles and move them to guard in the NFL, but I'm hesitant to do it in the first round.
I just re-watched Warford dominate Shariff Floyd and Sheldon Richardson. They did not know what to do with his power.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warford is a lot better than Barrett Jones.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this guy might be something but it was entirely based on height, weight, and that his last name is Warford.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only problem with Warford is that his feet and movement skills aren't that good IMO. He is as strong and powerful as anybody in this draft class. When he gets his hands on you, it's over. But he won't fit into a ZBS scheme at all.

He is a very good talent at what he does. He has been right up there the entire time, so him doing well at the Senior Bowl shouldn't shock anybody. I've never once thought of him as falling out of the 2nd round.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warford or Brian Winters?

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looked good to me on NFL Network today in practice
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
My only problem with Warford is that his feet and movement skills aren't that good IMO. He is as strong and powerful as anybody in this draft class. When he gets his hands on you, it's over. But he won't fit into a ZBS scheme at all.
I don't know how much of a negative this really is. Almost every player has schemes and systems he will fit better than others. To teams that run those systems then "can't do everything" is hardly a negative.

That is to say, just because you're not a good fit for the ZBS doesn't mean you won't go high, as there are all sorts of man-blocking teams who pick throughout the draft order.