Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a pretty good analysis of "Ziggy" Ansuh.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/201...outing-report/

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want one of these size/speed freaks. Ziggy I look at as a 4-3 DE only. Jordan I look at as SLB that can rush the passer on 3rd down.

Also thinking of Jordan dropping in zones sounds amazing. At 6 foot 6 with that wingspan and long frame he can cover a lot of ground.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I just want one of these size/speed freaks. Ziggy I look at as a 4-3 DE only. Jordan I look at as SLB that can rush the passer on 3rd down.

Also thinking of Jordan dropping in zones sounds amazing. At 6 foot 6 with that wingspan and long frame he can cover a lot of ground.

And to your point he's working to get bigger immediately!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8726--nfl.html

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I would want him at 250. 240 seems right. Again I don't think of him as a full time DE. More of a SLB that can rush the passer a la Von Miller.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Well you have to remember because of height his frame should be able to add more weight without losing speed or quickness. You don't want him being manhandled by TE's and FB's.

Here is a list of the NFC South's starting TE's:
Jimmy Graham 6'7 265
Greg Olsen 6'5 255
*Tony Gonzalzez 6'5 250(retiring after the season)

I like the idea of Jordan being matched up with these guys in coverage b/c he is so athletic, he actually recruited to play TE at Oregon, but you don't want him getting out-muscled or pushed around in in coverage.

Quote:

Last edited by bigfreak314 : 01-17-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ansuh has played olb de and DT at BYU he can stand up in scenarios as well.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Well you have to remember because of height his frame should be able to add more weight without losing speed or quickness. You don't want him being manhandled by TE's and FB's.

Here is a list of the NFC South's starting TE's:
Jimmy Graham 6'7 265
Greg Olsen 6'5 255
*Tony Gonzalzez 6'5 250(retiring after the season)

I like the idea of Jordan being matched up with these guys in coverage b/c he is so athletic, he actually recruited to play TE at Oregon, but you don't want him getting out-muscled or pushed around in in coverage.

As I watch more of Jordan I'm starting to see more manny Lawson. Probably more of an athlete but not as good of a pass rusher that you want.

I wouldn't take him at 13 to play slb. He'd have to be that pass rush threat we need off the end. It scares me he played at 230 lbs.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Moves that we could make in FA:
-DE Paul Kruegar
-CB Mike Jenkins
-DT Glenn Dorsey
-WR Julian Endleman

Key Resignings:
- Michael Bennett
- Roy Miller

Bennett and Kruegar will be the two big money additions. The rest will be nice mid-level bargains. Jenkins is a solid starter. Endleman will come at a nice cheap price, and not as big of a risk at that price as well. Dorsey may be a guy that could cost 3 mil maybe 4. Miller is a rotational run plugger, so he won't be that expensive to keep. With having almost 40 mil after cutting ties with Wright and Black, and possibly Koenen, we're primed to make big moves and add depth.

Draft:
Make an attempt to move down. Obtain an extra 3rd round pick.
1st: Xavier Rhodes CB FLA State: We get a big physical CB to team with Jenkins.
2nd: Zach Ertz TE Stanford: Might have to move up to the beginning of round 1, but use our 4th to move into that spot.
3rd: Will Davis CB Utah State: CB trio of Jenkins/Rhodes/Davis will bring physicality to the secondary.
3rd: Via trade down: Tony Jefferson FS Oklahoma
4th: Via New England: Talib Trade: Corey Fuller WR Va Tech
5th: Zach Stacey RB Vandy
6th and 7th Round: Oline Depth.

Overall: I like the moves getting Two big physical CBs who can tackle and knock Wrs off their routes at the LOS. Ertz would be an awesome addition for Freeman as well. The secondary getting even stronger with 2 CBs and FS. These seem like quality Schiano picks, especially after addressing the Dline with veterans in Free Agency to imrove the front 4 pass rush.

On Day 3, I think a RB like Zach Stacey would be a steal. Has good burst with a blend of power and strong thick legs. Somewhat of a jaquiz Rodgers type back, just a bit taller.

Last edited by bucfan12 : 01-17-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Again I don't see Jordan as a DE I see him as a very big LB that happens to ba able to rush the passer. If you draft him as so I think you'll be very happy, if you draft him as a DE thinking 14 sacks I don't think you'll be as happy. I for one don't think he'll be able to keep on 20/25 plus pounds. 10 pounds yes. Again with his cover skills he could cover a lot of ground as a LB.

The player that keeps coming into my head is Mathias Kiwanuka. Maybe a bigger faster version of him.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Again I don't see Jordan as a DE I see him as a very big LB that happens to ba able to rush the passer. If you draft him as so I think you'll be very happy, if you draft him as a DE thinking 14 sacks I don't think you'll be as happy. I for one don't think he'll be able to keep on 20/25 plus pounds. 10 pounds yes. Again with his cover skills he could cover a lot of ground as a LB.

The player that keeps coming into my head is Mathias Kiwanuka. Maybe a bigger faster version of him.
Ehh, the more I'm watching Jordan, the more he fits better in a 3-4. I don't know if you'd want to spend a first round pick on a SAM LB. Things he was doing in college, can he cover TEs in the NFL? Will he be strong enough to get by OTs? Got to look at the competition. I know, I brought his name up because he was an awesome athlete, but the more I watch, the more Manny Lawson kept popping into my head.

Kiwanuka was much stronger than Jordan is. He's put on 7 pounds so far and is only at 234? I liked him at first, now he seems like your typical "Boom" or "Bust" pick.

I think Ansuh has more potential and can dominate. Jordan? It's a we'll see if he can get stronger. you already know you have that in Ansuh, along with the speed and athleticism.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I would like to get as many good players on the field at once. My dream would be if Jones drops. I would take a shot on that guy.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Zac Stacy will be a steal, would like to get him.
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=81970

Quote:
After all, if Freeman set passing records for the Bucs franchise, it would stand to reason his third down conversion wasn’t too bad, no?

Apparently, no!

The thinktank crowd of ProFootballFocus.com decided to analyze their files to find the most clutch quarterbacks in 2012. Surprisingly, Freeman was in the bottom third in the NFL.

Freeman was ranked No. 24, just above Mark Sanchez and Brandon Weeden and just below Carson Palmer and Ryan Tannehill.

Clearly, if the Bucs are going to make the playoffs next season — a critical season for Freeman’s tenure as the Bucs’ starting quarterback — this is an area in which Freeman must rank among the top half of the NFL, not the bottom half.
For all that blame the defense and secondary, this doesn't help keep them off the field. Does it?

Last edited by bucfan12 : 01-20-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Sheldon Richardson would be an ideal pick at 13. Really similar to Geno Atkins as he just wreaks havoc.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=81970

For all that blame the defense and secondary, this doesn't help keep them off the field. Does it?
Find me one person who has said Freeman is this all encompassing, amazing quarterback. Everyone knows he has his flaws. But they don't compare to a pass defense which was literally the worst in the entire NFL.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Find me one person who has said Freeman is this all encompassing, amazing quarterback. Everyone knows he has his flaws. But they don't compare to a pass defense which was literally the worst in the entire NFL.
Regardless of how good we improve our defense without a good qb were not going to be a threat.

Lets put it this way: can you just imagine how easily rattled freeman would have been going up against a niners or Seahawks defense? When things go wrong freeman folds and gets rattled. He doesn't show poise or confidence. Not good

Last edited by bucfan12 : 01-20-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Regardless of how good we improve our defense without a good qb were not going to be a threat.

Lets put it this way: can you just imagine how easily rattled freeman would have been going up against a niners or Seahawks defense? When things go wrong freeman folds and gets rattled. He doesn't show poise or confidence. Not good
I don't disagree with you regarding the need every team has for a good QB. We can't just fix everything at once though. Building a team takes time.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I don't disagree with you regarding the need every team has for a good QB. We can't just fix everything at once though. Building a team takes time.
Haha we've been building since 2009. And we're still not where we should be. Shaun king was right the other day. We're just wasting time.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haha we've been building since 2009. And we're still not where we should be. Shaun king was right the other day. We're just wasting time.
It's not really about wasting time. It's about building plans failing. It isn't as if the team wants to continue being mediocre. Unfortunately the fact is, unless you are a top tier team, you have to continually build until you become one of those teams.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

I think adding a pretty good TE would help Josh on his 3rd down conversions. I wish I could find out what his 3rd down conversion was during his 2010 when Kellen Winslow was a decent option.

Quote:
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
We took a over the cap team that was old and had no play makers on it in 08. Our QB was Jeff Garcia and Griese , RB Williams/ Dunn, WR Galloway and Hillard and Bryant , TE Stevens and Smith

On D

Dt Hovan/ Sims/ Haye, LB Brooks / June/ Ruud, CB Barber and Buchanon. S Sabby/ Tjax

That's how bad our roster was 4 years ago. Look at that for a second. Barber and Ruud are the only two still in the NFL. And Ruud might not be on a team next season.

This was a 4 year rebuild job. It's only gotten harder when we miss on two second picks in Price and Benn.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

There's been some questionable free agent moves as well that hindered our development. Michael Clayton Derrick ward Eric wright. Failing to improve the team in FA in 2010 and 2011 trying to fix holes through draft and Udfa. 2010 and 2011 I feel besides Gerald McCoy and mike Williams reached for need instead of BPA. 2011 I still not sure Clayborn was the best pick. Bowers in rd 2 was a low risk high reward.

Our dline as a whole is still in limbo being bottom 5 again in sacks.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
There's been some questionable free agent moves as well that hindered our development. Michael Clayton Derrick ward Eric wright. Failing to improve the team in FA in 2010 and 2011 trying to fix holes through draft and Udfa. 2010 and 2011 I feel besides Gerald McCoy and mike Williams reached for need instead of BPA. 2011 I still not sure Clayborn was the best pick. Bowers in rd 2 was a low risk high reward.

Our dline as a whole is still in limbo being bottom 5 again in sacks.

Yes our Dline again is in the bottom 5. But I'm one of the few that don't want to put another top 15 pick into it.

I think we have our core guys. I want a vet like richard seymour to be added to te Dline.

This team has big holes still to fill. If we can hit on two impact players like we did last year with three we'll be on our way out of this mess.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I don't think we will either. I think Xavier Rhodes will be our pick. He's just got so much potential and he's the type of cb schiano likes. Big physical cb who can match up with Atlantas beasts.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes our Dline again is in the bottom 5. But I'm one of the few that don't want to put another top 15 pick into it.

Without a DL that can take over games, we won't ever contend in the playoffs. A powerful front 4 makes the back 7 so much easier to play.

The spot we pick doesn't matter so much as picking up the right people to contend. You can argue reach, value or whatever..... but all that matters is production. Can that guy produce and be effective. So if a Top 15 pick is taken on a DL..... great. As long as the production is there.... we'll be in better shape.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote