Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
also needs to learn to field punts and kicks if he plans to play on saturday.
He's already played on Saturday's..LOL..
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Who are the Falcons going to draft?
Simple answer would be Zach Ertz or Tyler Eifert. I'd try to get Tony back for a year or two and draft All defense
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lane Johnson and Larry Warford looked good in 1 on 1s i thought
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
He's already played on Saturday's..LOL..
This saturday.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Zaviar Gooden looked?
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad to see Datone Jones measure in over 6'4 and that he is still dominating Olineman even against the best of the best. He has been one of my favorites this year. I was worried about his height as almost ever site I have read had him listed at 6'3.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

South 1 on 1s

Larry Warford

Is a monster in terms of sheer size and power. But what really impressed was the fact that he has good bend and is not a leaner. His base was wide ad with the exception of the first rep he maintains a great angle and forces the defenders to bull rush him.

Don't be shocked if this guy goes higher than we think.

Lane Johnson

He moves so well. Needs some serious functional strength work, but his feet and kick slide is elite.

Schwencke [Cal C]

Wow what a technique display against bigger players.

Interesting Mayock Commments

Warford: was so good against Georgia he sent Charles Davis 2 texts.

Aboushi: cannot play LT.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Fisher is the real deal he keeps his head out of blocks and his back straight and uses his arms well.

I am really impressed with Eric Fisher.

David Quessenberry is really studding it out he is always in position and does not get over extended or fall of his block. He has been in front of every DLmen he has gone against.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Joeckel and Fisher seem about right to me. Fisher has a real shot to move up draft boards during the post season. Top 5 may not be out of the equation if he dominates.
I would not be entirely surprised to see the Fisher/Joeckel thing follow the Trent Williams/Russel Okung template. Okung was the consensus top tackle all season, and through the process but on draft day the upside guy goes higher.

It's hard to find a safer OT prospect than Joeckel, but if you put a gun to my head, I'm not confident he'll be a better pro than Fisher at the money position on the OL 3-5 years down the line.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you're talking about Eric Fisher, you're talking about a guy who can play multiple positions on your front line, he can pass protect & run protect, he can fasten seat belts & order take out.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Datone Jones looked impressive in 1 on 1s....big fast and athletic
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Not so good from Mike Glennon. No QBs stood out to me. Landry Jones was probably the best by default and that's concerning for the rest.

I'm starting to think the two best QB prospects might actually be Matt Barkley or Tyler Bray. I need to watch more Dysert and Nassib tape though. And Matt Scott and Colby Cameron might deserve a second look.

- Lane Johnson looked very, very good. He's also the best QB in mobile (only slightly joking).

- Quinton Patton had equipment issues but still caught everything. Good sign. It'll be interesting to see what he runs.

- I liked what I saw out of Cornelius Washington. Violent hands and a good burst. He could be someone to watch.

- Ansah is going to get a GM fired.

- The William & Mary CB Webb has really good feet but he's tiny. And all NFL DBs have really good feet so...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best QB in Mobile...Jamarcus Russel...reportedly trying to make a comeback

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's crazy how people see different things.

From Scott ....

Purdue DT Kawann Short was near dominant throughout the practice. Played through the whistle multiple times and seemed to be giving full effort in every rep. Manhandled Braxston Cave a few times, including one excellent swim move past him in a pass protection drill. Also shined in the 11-on-11s with deep penetration.

From ESPN By Todd McShay, Kevin Weidl, Steve Muench

We're most concerned with Purdue DT Kawann Short (6-3, 308). His upper-body power and short-area pop showed up in one-on-one drills, but he struggled during bag drills. Short was loose with his arms and didn't look like a guy who comes from a program that has produced numerous NFL defensive linemen.

He could also be seen taking plays off at least twice during team drills. On one play, it almost seemed as if he had a gentleman's agreement with Wagner, who steered Short inside easily. Effort was a question coming into the week for Short, and if you can't go through drills without being lazy that's a bad sign. This is the last place in the world you want to live down to that kind of reputation. When Short played hard he was effective and showed power, but the bad overshadowed the good.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's crazy how Todd McShay sees things.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOE and Shane's tweets reveal how awesome Khaseem is. the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
It's crazy how Todd McShay sees things.
I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong. Just saying how people see the same player and can think different things.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong. Just saying how people see the same player and can think different things.
This is very true. You can go to 10 sites and every one of them will say something different about a player. That's why I either stick with this one or judge myself lol
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Also, confirmation bias. As much as Senior Bowl is in theory a level playing field to evaluate objectively, people spend all year forming their rankings and tend to see what they wanna see in order to validate what they already thought.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:09 AM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got a hole drilled in my jaw bone early yesterday morning so I'm up watching practice again, and Cornellius Washington is very impressive. I don't know whether to like his showing or hate his showing so far because I never once saw this in 3 years of watching him at Georgia. About 3 years ago a coach friend of mine told me about this Washington kid from Georgia who had freakish athletic ability who has the potential to be the next Shawn Merriman. I watched every one of his games since then and never saw a single play where he jumped off the screen. He looked nothing like he has in Mobile so far. Is it that he is finally starting to get it or is it that he is seeing dollar signs so he is working harder and giving max effort on the field? I cannot say for sure because I don't know him and don't have the luxury of interviews or talking to his ex coaches like scouts, but it is certainly a big red flag for a player putting on a performance so far this week.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:41 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Also, confirmation bias. As much as Senior Bowl is in theory a level playing field to evaluate objectively, people spend all year forming their rankings and tend to see what they wanna see in order to validate what they already thought.
That's where I think Scott does a good job. I haven't seen that with him at all.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is someone having a bet to see how many times they can say "The Pit". Just reading the Tuesday North Practice Report, i'm halfway through and have seen it at least 10 times. It's getting more and more painful every time.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Ziggy Asnah looked?
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone needs to find out more about this Ty Powell for all the 3-4 teams out there. Scott appears to like him.

EDIT: Well, I see him playing Safety in JUCO, so his ability in space makes sense. If he has the size for the position, he could be an interesting find as as a 3-4 OLB.

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 01-23-2013 at 10:26 AM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Marquise Goodwin might be my favorite WR in this draft. It's too bad he had to suffer through such awful QB play. Not a traditional #1, but he could be DeSean Jackson, except with good blocking and a full route tree. I have the feeling that a lot of good WRs are going to come from this draft.