Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind at all if we went Warmack in the 1st, RT in the 2nd, and LB in the 3rd.

I just picture our offense with a mauling OL to go along with Wilson, Bennett, Nicks, Cruz and Randle and I think we could be unstoppable in that scenario.

We underachieved this year. We still have enough talent on defense to make some noise if we shore up that OL and become a deadly offense.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind that at all either. I need to look into DJ Fluker too. Guy is just absolutely massive. He would be a mauler at RT.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fluker is interesting as well. We have options. That's one thing I love. There's no need to fall in love with 1 position or 1 prospect. We have options.

We can go in a # of ways with the draft and I'd be fine with it. I know many thought RB and WR were luxury picks last year, but let's look back in hindsight. Had we not drafted Wilson, we'd need a RB this year. Had we not drafted Randle, we'd need a WR in a WR weak draft.

So bpa isn't a terrible idea. If we skip out on defense but build the OL this year, I'm ok with that.

If we build the defense back up, I'm fine with that.

Hell, even if we draft a DB in the 1st, I'd be ok with it. Not my first choice, but I'd be ok with it.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be really amazing if there was anyway for us to bring Levitre in.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Can't afford him.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Height doesn't mean anything. just watch. i'm gonna pimp Khaseem forever. he's my boy. probably my favorite RU prospect in ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got my first look at the south team practice today. Ansah did not impress me one bit. When O-linemen got their hands on him, he was done. No counter-moves or strength to get off blocks whatsoever. Now, he might just have had an off day at practice, but my first impression of him was negative.

Standouts on the south team today at our positions of need in my opinion: OT Lane Johnson, OG Larry Warford, LB Vince Williams, CBs Leon McFadden and B.W Webb.

I also really liked what I saw out of Tavarres King, a WR. But that's not a big need for us in the early rounds though.

As for the North team practice, OT Eric Fisher was once again a beast. He's going top ten if he keeps this up, so we can forget about him. LB Kevin Reddick continued to flash, and OG Brian Winters looked pretty good.

CBs Jordan Poyer and Desmond Trufant also showed some real good coverage skills today. It looks to be a pretty deep CB class, so I wouldn't take one of those in the first round. We can find a good corner in this class in the 2nd, 3rd or possibly even 4th round.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Ansah looks stiff. That's my concern. JPP was much more fluid.

I'm not really sold on Ansah yet. I find myself wanting to like him, and whenever I do that to myself, I wind up making mistakes with my evaluations.

Maybe he's just not that good. Not all of the projects are gonna work out. I need to see more.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ansah looks stiff. That's my concern. JPP was much more fluid.
That's almost exactly what Mayock said when someone brought up the comparison to JPP. And he vehemently denied Ansah had potential to become another JPP, although he did say Ansah could become a good player with a lot of good coaching.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
That's almost exactly what Mayock said when someone brought up the comparison to JPP. And he vehemently denied Ansah had potential to become another JPP, although he did say Ansah could become a good player with a lot of good coaching.
And that's my worry though. Why take such a big risk on a guy who can be good, but not dominant? Bc that's what Mayock is implying. JPP was a no brainer bc the guy had potential to be the best DE in the league. I don't see that with Ansah.

I'm not ready to form my opinion of him yet, but right now I am underwhelmed.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Warmack really more than a round better than Warford, or has Warford just not yet seen his stock rise into the first? I like Warford a lot more than Fluker as a guard, and I like him more as a guard than I like Fluker at RT to. But this is admittedly based off of limited viewings of each.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Is Warmack really more than a round better than Warford, or has Warford just not yet seen his stock rise into the first? I like Warford a lot more than Fluker as a guard, and I like him more as a guard than I like Fluker at RT to. But this is admittedly based off of limited viewings of each.
I don't think Warford is nearly as dominant as Warmack. Warford isn't as quick which is the biggest issue. I like Warford but his immense weight scares me a little.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I think Warford moves well for his size, didn't seem to have any problems getting out to the edge quickly and keeping his center of balance strong while pulling from what I've seen. Granted I haven't paid enough attention to Warmack to know just how dominant he is, but I really don't see much separating Warford from someone like Mike Iupati.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 01-22-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Physically I'd say there is a fairly big difference. For starters, Iupati is two inches taller and they way they both carry their weight is VERY different. Warford is kind of fat/soft/flabby (just by looking at him and by Scott's analysis on the weigh ins at the Senior Bowl) where as Iupati is EXTREMELY muscular. You wouldn't think he was the same weight as Warford at all. That's one of my main concerns. I like linemen who are more muscular than fat these days.

I asked Shane via twitter on how Warford was doing and how he was handling his weight and he said he looked good in pass protection, not so much in run support. Also didn't carry his weight really well.

I just get really nervous about those guys with huge guts. They could easily eat themselves out of the league, or too much fat can cause injury issues.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking at your roster. And to me the biggest weakness on your team is the LB core. I think you guys need two LB's in the first three rounds. Alec Ogletree, Manti Te'o or Kevin Minter in the first. In the second take Jelani Jenkins or Khaseem Greene.

That let's you guys move Kiwanuka to full time DE when Osi leaves.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I was looking at your roster. And to me the biggest weakness on your team is the LB core. I think you guys need two LB's in the first three rounds. Alec Ogletree, Manti Te'o or Kevin Minter in the first. In the second take Jelani Jenkins or Khaseem Greene.

That let's you guys move Kiwanuka to full time DE when Osi leaves.
I think there are a lot of NYG fans who would be very happy with that kind of draft.
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not if Te'o was the pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't want Te'o at all. Would be very upset if he's the pick. I'd take him off our draft board.

Ansah is not impressing me right now guys. I just don't see it right now. His play in the Senior Bowl is gonna strongly impact my assessment of him.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the perfect time to rebuild the OL especially with the system we run. If we ran. wCO and passing concepts where we dink and dunk the ball then thats one thing. But we need time for our QB to get a pre snap read and post snap read. That takes time and as Eli gets old I don't want him smacked around more because we weren't diligent in planning ahead.

I still am very interested in Eric Fisher OT.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Keep dreaming. Eric Fisher is going in the top 5 picks, probably to Philadelphia.

The more I study these front 7 players, the more I feel that we're better off getting a G or OT prospect in round 1.

Bc the value to me right now just seems much higher along the OL than the DL or LB core in the first round.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Right now Warmack is #1 on my board.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same here BBD.

Also loving the comments on Greene yesterday from Scott/Shane.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The value at LB just doesn't warrant a round 1 selection right now. Oggletree isn't a MIKE, he's an OLB in our scheme, and I'm not sure his value warrants a 1st round pick bc he lacks instincts, is a poor tackler, and has a weak base.

DL, I hate taking DTs round 1. So I would prefer not to do that. And DE, it doesn't seem like a DE worth the 19th pick is gonna be there for us. Jordan will be off the board, and I'm not thrilled with Ansah right now.

I just don't see the value with front 7 players right now. The value with OL is much greater.

At least right now. Will that be the case come April? I don't know, but my first impressions are OL value will be much higher at 19 then front 7 value.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

I would love it at this point if we get Lane Johnson or Warmack( who I haven't seen outside of youtube though) at #19. If they're both gone, I would be worried no matter who we chose. Not because they would necessarily be risky picks, but because I think the value would be skewed. We would probably be better off trading down and collecting more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I would hate it if we drafted Te'o. Although I think we are one of the few locker rooms that wouldn't crush him too bad. I have a feeling the coaches wouldn't allow it, plus Tuck is a former ND player, and would probably take him under his wings and protect him from the worst trash-talk.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's what scares me actually. The fact that Tuck can protect him, plus I'm sure the FO asked Tuck about him and his interactions with him, that would possibly make them consider Te'o.

And I don't want Te'o. So I hope they don't pull the trigger.