Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott and Shane were not as impressed with Warford,

• Kentucky OG Larry Warford didn’t shine today. In “The Pit” for run plays he often was pushed back and looked like he was on skates. In the double team drills, he released to the 2nd level quickly and continued that in the 11-on-11s. Didn’t showcase much strength
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Marquise Goodwin might be my favorite WR in this draft. It's too bad he had to suffer through such awful QB play. Not a traditional #1, but he could be DeSean Jackson, except with good blocking and a full route tree. I have the feeling that a lot of good WRs are going to come from this draft.
You could argue he has suffered through awful QB play for some time now.

I'm always intrigued with 4.2 speed.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Fisher is beasting it - probably propelled himself into the Top 10. Glennon also playing real well - Geno Smith shied away from the competition while Glennon embraced it.

Last edited by SolidGold : 01-23-2013 at 11:47 AM.
SolidGold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also sounds like Denardzzzz cant catch the ball!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want us to draft Eric F. However, I am starting to doubt he lasts until # 19.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOfDeath View Post
Got a hole drilled in my jaw bone early yesterday morning so I'm up watching practice again, and Cornellius Washington is very impressive. I don't know whether to like his showing or hate his showing so far because I never once saw this in 3 years of watching him at Georgia. About 3 years ago a coach friend of mine told me about this Washington kid from Georgia who had freakish athletic ability who has the potential to be the next Shawn Merriman. I watched every one of his games since then and never saw a single play where he jumped off the screen. He looked nothing like he has in Mobile so far. Is it that he is finally starting to get it or is it that he is seeing dollar signs so he is working harder and giving max effort on the field? I cannot say for sure because I don't know him and don't have the luxury of interviews or talking to his ex coaches like scouts, but it is certainly a big red flag for a player putting on a performance so far this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
1) Same here. Same here. Kinda reminds me of Jaye Howard's situation last year.

2) Unless an injury occurs, there is almost zero chance Fisher lasts until No. 19.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Lane Johnson might be a nice consolation prize at 19. I was/am a fan of Pugh but I think his arm length might limit him to the right side or interior - he will be a hell of a player though. The SJSU kid Quesenberry is also impressing by all accounts - sounds like a really versatile player who could he had in the 2nd/3rd rounds.

I think you as a Giants fan should get some quality on the OL this year - Reese's drafting of linemen has been pretty suspect.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Fisher is around at #16 he should be a Ram, but I doubt he even lasts that long.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
If Fisher is around at #16 he should be a Ram, but I doubt he even lasts that long.
Yea I don't think so either -it's a shame because the rams have been screwed over when drafting at that position the past few years. I think Fisher is really helping his stock out quite a bit. I thought he would be a late teens/early 20s pick but he has been the most impressive player in mobile and has really elevated his stock.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Lane Johnson might be there. He can start at LT and run the first ever tackle around. Or relieve Bradford when he's struggling.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, I doubt Fisher makes it outside the Top 11.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cardinals at #7 is looking like a very realistic possibility.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Lane Johnson might be there. He can start at LT and run the first ever tackle around. Or relieve Bradford when he's struggling.
Yeah I'm high on Johnson, wouldnt mind him. Anyone think he'll go top 20?
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The Cardinals at #7 is looking like a very realistic possibility.
I think the Cardinals are out of their minds if they don't take Jarvis Jones or Mingo with having to play Seattle and San Francisco twice a year each.

Lane Johnson would probably be near as good a pickup as Fisher for the Rams.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Also sounds like Denardzzzz cant catch the ball!!!
I was always worried about this two or three years ago when people started talking about moving him to WR/KR/PR.

"Well, does anybody know if he can catch?"

With as nicked up as he was constantly at Michigan, I don't like him at RB either.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They said that Denard has numbness below his elbow and still can't feel 2 fingers. Feeling is coming back, but he's pretty much just trying to tough it out.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think the Cardinals are out of their minds if they don't take Jarvis Jones or Mingo with having to play Seattle and San Francisco twice a year each.

Lane Johnson would probably be near as good a pickup as Fisher for the Rams.
I think the Cardinals would be more out of their mind to ignore the offensive line when they currently have mid/late round rookies occupying both tackle spots. And we don't know Jones' situation with his back, so top 10 for him could be a push.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
They said that Denard has numbness below his elbow and still can't feel 2 fingers. Feeling is coming back, but he's pretty much just trying to tough it out.
I mean, I'm sure he'll have more opportunities to show he can catch the ball throughout the process. I just thought it was odd how everybody assumed that he could do it. It's not the easiest transition to make (QB->WR). Switching positions is never easy or automatic.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I think the Cardinals would be more out of their mind to ignore the offensive line when they currently have mid/late round rookies occupying both tackle spots. And we don't know Jones' situation with his back, so top 10 for him could be a push.
Then they'll lose 4 games to the Seahawks and the Niners. The Rams have the right idea by building on their outside pass rush and they were 2-1-1 against the two teams i mentioned. I'm not saying you're wrong just going on what i would do.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then they'll lose 4 games to the Seahawks and the Niners. The Rams have the right idea by building on their outside pass rush and they were 2-1-1 against the two teams i mentioned. I'm not saying you're wrong just going on what i would do.
Containing the running QB's is more scheme and sticking with the assignments than having an outside rush.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The first priority of any team should be protecting there own QB and keeping him comfortable. The second priority would be making the opposing QB uncomfortable.

No matter how great a defense they are still going to give up points when push comes to shove and you are going to have to have a QB who can put up points too. Gone are the days of defense wins championships.

Arizona has one of the worst offensive lines of the last 20 years maybe even longer. Like the first guy said they would be down right stupid to let a guy like Fisher or Joeckel go by them on the draft board.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern looks very impressive...2nd or 3rd round steal for some NFL team. Moves real well for a 6'2" 340 lbs DT
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

I haven't been able to watch any of the north's practices so how has my boy Brian Winters been looking?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy like Washington becomes intriguing with the success Bruce Irvin had as a rookie.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or has Ansah looked very underwhelming?