Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, maybe I am just missing something, but I do not find safety as a need for the Packers. I guess that is unless the Packers get rid of Woodson (something I do not see).

1) Morgan Burnett was one interception that went through his hands and into Calvin Johnson's from a Pro Bowl type year. He led the team in tackles (not a good thing) and he is young and getting more experienced in the 3-4. Next year should be his year to make the Pro Bowl.

2) I think Woodson will be back with a new contract. His impact was immediate when he came back to the team. I think he still has good football ahead of him.

3) Between Richardson and McMillian the Packers have two heavy hitters from the safety spot. They are both young, and McMillian stayed healthy throughout the season. A good offseason should help both of them.

For me (as I said in my really early mock draft) the key is in the trenches. When we got beat by teams it was because we were dominated at the LOS. Getting a Center and OT have to be a priority. Maybe the defensive line will progress since most of the guys are relatively young, but I still dont feel comfortable with Pickett's age, Neal's previous history with injuries, and the very average play overall by the DL.

I could see drafting an ILB, and I will probably update my mock draft's in the future to include one since I don't see Hawk having a future in GB, not unless he take a massive paycut. If Hawk isn't there, then we are left with Bishop, Jones, DJ Smith, Manning, and Lattimore - with Bishop and Smith coming back from injuries. I guess the wildcard will be Manning here.

I don't really see RB as a need either. I think with improved OL play (which we kind of saw at the end of the year) our RB's can find the holes in the defense. I like the thunder and lightening combo of Starks and Harris. Alex Green has a full offseason as well to clean up his knee. So, I think we can run with those 3, and maybe we bring Benson back.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote