Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream draft using the CBS draft grades (no trades)

1: Jonathan Hankins, DT, OSu
3: Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
4: William Gholston, DE, MSU
5: Duke Williams, SS, Nevada
6: Quanterus Smith, DE, WKU
7: Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10. New Orleans Saints (from Titans) - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M*
77. New Orleans Saints - DT Jordan Hill, Penn St.
108. New Orleans Saints - OT Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin
139. New Orleans Saints - LB Kiko Alonso, Oregon
206. New Orleans Saints - LB Jake Knott, Iowa St.

Results of the last forum mock. I will come back and post what UDFA's I went after once the results are released.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UDFA's

QB Tino Sunseri, Pittsburgh
LB Alonzo Highsmith, Arkansas
DB Prentiss Waggner, Tennessee

I also bid on RB Dennis Johnson, Arkansas, but he was awarded to Detroit.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
10. New Orleans Saints (from Titans) - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M*
77. New Orleans Saints - DT Jordan Hill, Penn St.
108. New Orleans Saints - OT Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin
139. New Orleans Saints - LB Kiko Alonso, Oregon
206. New Orleans Saints - LB Jake Knott, Iowa St.

Results of the last forum mock. I will come back and post what UDFA's I went after once the results are released.
I like the picks, mightve replaced one of the linebackers for a DB or a TE

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-19-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I still want Te'o.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Te'O is even better than Lofton, he'd be pretty pointless here, even if he weren't having girl trouble.
Saints-Tigers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I don't think Te'O is even better than Lofton, he'd be pretty pointless here, even if he weren't having girl trouble.
I think peoples letting one game (that he admits he wasn't thinking straight bc he "dead gf" called before hand) intervene with what he has done. He is a major upgrade to whoever we would have, and remember we had Lofton and Vilma on the field some, so why not lofton and te'o?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:40 AM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well I hope we don't take Hankins- guys who disappeared for stretches ,effort? according to some scouting reports don't interest me. We already have that on Defense.

Vilma is way past prime and Lofton didn't set the world on fire. We need a Brees on D. Maybe Te'o is that guy. Already he has slid down the boards and LB sometimes fall anyway. Is he straight inside , outside or both? Spags at NY always had guys step up at DT from later round picks- we sure could use that in New Orleans on D.
aregand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aregand View Post
Well I hope we don't take Hankins- guys who disappeared for stretches ,effort? according to some scouting reports don't interest me. We already have that on Defense.

Vilma is way past prime and Lofton didn't set the world on fire. We need a Brees on D. Maybe Te'o is that guy. Already he has slid down the boards and LB sometimes fall anyway. Is he straight inside , outside or both? Spags at NY always had guys step up at DT from later round picks- we sure could use that in New Orleans on D.
I dont want Jordan for the same reasons. with his natural talent he should be dominating but he was one of the weaker points on the oregon DLine that wasnt that special to begin with. His tools are special, thats true but his production and film hasnt lived up to those tools yet. At least hankins has shown flashes and even extended periods of that amazing talent

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Honestly, I still want Te'o.
I agree with you, zachsaints52. I, myself, still would like Manti Te'o as well. I know we invested a lot this past season on linebackers, with signing David Hawthorne, Chris Chamberlain and of course, Curtis Lofton.

Now I really think Lofton was a huge upgrade, and we had some injury concerns with both Hawthorne and Chamberlain. But I think he would be a huge upgrade to our linebacking corps.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need passrushers. More than anything else, we need guys that create penetration, not clean up tacklers.
Saints-Tigers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
We need passrushers. More than anything else, we need guys that create penetration, not clean up tacklers.
All the pass rushers are "potential" guys. Give me the sure thing anyday.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

TJ McDonald is looking nice. Wouldnt mind trading down, grabbing an extra pick or two, and getting him.

AND GETTING HARPER OFF THE FIELD.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

im starting to become a HUGE fan of brandon williams, if we can get this guy in the third i think well have our DT rotation set with a relatively low pick, get a good end in the first and faulk or one of the georgia safeties in the fourth and we might have 3 legit contributors in one draft

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
im starting to become a HUGE fan of brandon williams, if we can get this guy in the third i think well have our DT rotation set with a relatively low pick, get a good end in the first and faulk or one of the georgia safeties in the fourth and we might have 3 legit contributors in one draft
It seems like we are scouting exclusively defense at Senior Bowl except the Fresno State RB whose a mini Sproles.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

They make Sproles in "mini"?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
They make Sproles in "mini"?
same thing i was wondering

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I wonder with Steve Spagnuolo's firing if this changes who the Saints will be targeting in the draft. Especially since we're apparently going to be switching defensive alignments to the 3-4.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Well, I wonder with Steve Spagnuolo's firing if this changes who the Saints will be targeting in the draft. Especially since we're apparently going to be switching defensive alignments to the 3-4.
if were going 34 i think we are set at the DLine if youre talking starters, Jordan, Bunkley and Hicks are a solid set of starters there. The OLB positions are damn thin though, with galette and wilson. ilb is fine with lofton, maybe vilma and hawthorne and the dbs suck regardless of formation

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I hope we look at both Keith Butler and Todd Bowles as possible new DC.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Is Bunkley really a nose tackle type? I thought he was more of a 4-3 DT type.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Is Bunkley really a nose tackle type? I thought he was more of a 4-3 DT type.
he played the nose when denver was still running the 3-4 and was damn good at it

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-25-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

Thats good - NT can be a hard slot to fill, who would be the back up? I guess Ellis and Smith rotate at DE if they are coming back. Who's contracts are coming up?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats good - NT can be a hard slot to fill, who would be the back up? I guess Ellis and Smith rotate at DE if they are coming back. Who's contracts are coming up?
Ellis is an Unrestricted FA and due to his lackluster play over the past few seasons many believe he will just be allowed to walk. Will Smith is a heavily rumored cap cut, he's 31 with declining numbers, and now with this scheme change it seems like he's on his way out as he does not really fit in as 3-4 End.

I think this scheme change opens many more Draft possibilities for us. We might look towards Jon Hankins, or John Jenkins if they are still on the board as that mammoth type Nose Tackle.

Mingo, Dion Jordan are also candidates to be the edge rush backers.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

If you believe this guy Mingo not a good pick at this slot.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...l-bark-no-bite

But he could be wrong- DEs can be hard to project.