Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scott, I just wanted to give you props for your Raiders pick.

You have been pretty consistent in mocking Lotulelei there instead of making a change for change sake.

YES, the Raiders have multiple needs and could also go DE, CB or OT, but when you consider the possible loss of both Seymore AND Kelly (overpaid, skills in decline, unacceptable pre-snap penalties), there is not only a need for upgrade, but a need in terms of securing a starter. I think Lotulelei paired with Des Bryant who is a budding star IMO is a nice combination in the middle of our D.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford is injury prone? He had a high ankle sprain his second year because he was running from a DL who wasn't blocked. How does that make him injury prone? I think after being battered 3 years behind the Rams horrible o-line and only succumbing to a high ankle sprain, we can finally remove the injury prone label on Sam.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
JustisM
Rookie

JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers need a replacement at TE if Finley doesn't get extended but I think DL/S are much more pressing needs. The three starters on the Packers DL this year may not be there in 2014.
JustisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustisM View Post
The Packers need a replacement at TE if Finley doesn't get extended but I think DL/S are much more pressing needs. The three starters on the Packers DL this year may not be there in 2014.
The Green Bay defense honestly gets significantly better if you add a difference maker at defensive end, especially if that guy plays mean since the GB D really could use a tone-setter (regardless of which position that guy plays, but DL is best.)

A true free-safety is definitely a big need, though maybe McMillan can grow into that sort of thing.

As for TE, I definitely think the position is better addressed later in the draft with a guy like Gavin Escobar (who I'd love to see in Green Bay and can maybe be had in round 3.) I like Escobar in R3 much more than Ertz in R1.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 01-25-2013 at 01:16 AM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
JustisM
Rookie

JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
The Green Bay defense honestly gets significantly better if you add a difference maker at defensive end, especially if that guy plays mean since the GB D really could use a tone-setter (regardless of which position that guy plays, but DL is best.)

A true free-safety is definitely a big need, though maybe McMillan can grow into that sort of thing.

As for TE, I definitely think the position is better addressed later in the draft with a guy like Gavin Escobar (who I'd love to see in Green Bay and can maybe be had in round 3.)
Totally with you on every point there. A good 5 tech player would make the Pickett-(DP)-Wilson-Worthy-Neal-Daniels rotation better. Our only above average DE is also the only other guy on the roster that can play NT.

McMillian has shown flashes but the staff keeps putting in M.D. Jennings in. In the preseason I thought he was going to be cut. He made the roster and I thought he was our worst S (behind the UDFA from Vandy even). McMillian did well and then Jennings became the starter, basically. I wonder what's going on there. I hope if we do go S that it ends up being a FS type. Vaccarro/Jefferson are probably the two that would allow Burnett to play a true SS position, which he's more built fr.

100% on the Gavin Escobar train. I was stoked to see that he came out this year. Lucky for GB they "need" a TE the year that all of them declared.
JustisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Stephenson sucked this year. He got his lunch handed to him several times. He couldn't hold Joeckel's jock strap.

I'm going with videa, splat and the rest of the guys here. Stick with the Patriots bro. Your knowledge with the Chiefs needs serious work.
Stephenson was bad at G and RT, but when he got in at LT he was very good and is still raw. Would I be comfortable with just Stephenson? No. He still has to show consistency. But it's a basic fact that he's more proven than Joeckel.

LOL at the second part. You guys are a bunch of ****** ass babies banning me from the team board. Aside from vidae and maybe one other person, you're a bunch of junktards with basic surface-level perception that can't form their own opinion or wrap your brains around an opinion that isn't fed to you by local media.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
LOL at the second part. You guys are a bunch of ****** ass babies banning me from the team board. Aside from vidae and maybe one other person, you're a bunch of junktards with basic surface-level perception that can't form their own opinion or wrap your brains around an opinion that isn't fed to you by local media.
I was wondering why you got banned. Thanks for demonstrating.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 AM    (permalink
RedMeat
Rookie

RedMeat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Back in the days when that #1 overall broke the bank with his contract, it seemed not to use the pick on the QB was hard. If this draft class is somewhat weak at the top of the QB position, and the team picking in that top selection felt a player at another position had real pro-bowl potential, long term wouldn't it be wise to go in that direction?
RedMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
RedMeat
Rookie

RedMeat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
I could see Codarrelle Patterson working his way into the Top 10.
It appears that this is one of the years the WR position does not have a must have "top-10" type candidate. The top rated WR's look to go mid-first, even sliding late-first. Possible real nice value WR selections for teams in the 2nd Rd. also. Combine 40 times will be important as always, a player timing with an outstanding 40, and going up on teams boards, but also someone running slower than expected, and dropping.
Depending on trades, Free-Agent losses or additions before the draft, there are at least a dozen teams which may select at a WR sometime during the draft:
Miami
Minnesota
Cleveland
Kansas City
Buffalo
Jets
St Louis
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Houston
New England
49'ers
Baltimore
RedMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
You have been pretty consistent in mocking Lotulelei there instead of making a change for change sake.

YES, the Raiders have multiple needs and could also go DE, CB or OT, but when you consider the possible loss of both Seymore AND Kelly (overpaid, skills in decline, unacceptable pre-snap penalties), there is not only a need for upgrade, but a need in terms of securing a starter. I think Lotulelei paired with Des Bryant who is a budding star IMO is a nice combination in the middle of our D.
Why would the Raiders pick a player that replaces a player that you were 4-12 with?
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote