Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-26-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Interesting Mock by Former Scout Daniel Jeremiah

Jeremiah is a former 8 year NFL scout who is being groomed to be a large part of the NFL's 'Path to the Draft'

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...eremiah/155111

Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis also have new mocks out:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 01-26-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Lacy-Green Bay fit (or lack thereof). Taking Lacy in the first round for a pass-first offense is an even worse decision than taking Ingram in the first round for a pass-first offense.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carradine tore his ACL in his last game and has Pats picking him in the first? Come on man!
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I hate the Lacy-Green Bay fit (or lack thereof). Taking Lacy in the first round for a pass-first offense is an even worse decision than taking Ingram in the first round for a pass-first offense.
Running the ball is still 30% of most team's offense. Both San Fran and Baltimore can run the ball and they are in the Super Bowl. I don't think anybody is 100% sure at this point that Lacy has 1st round talent, having a sensational OL in front of him opening holes, could have been more them, than Lacy. The combine will decide his fate.

I love him and if the Combine confirms his athletic talent, I think Green Bay gives serious consideration to drafting him. Late in close games, teams must be able to run the ball effectively to get time off the clock and Green Bay lacks really any ability to scare teams with their running attack, and while teams find solid RB's in later rounds, if Lacy is ranked as the #1 RB going into draft day, teams in need of a RB will give him serious consideration as there are far fewer guarantees the later you wait.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
Carradine tore his ACL in his last game and has Pats picking him in the first? Come on man!
BB also takes strict special teams guys in college in the sixth round because he thinks he's smarter than anyone else...
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope NFL.com is paying you IAC.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gives his team Austin.....
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Running the ball is still 30% of most team's offense. Both San Fran and Baltimore can run the ball and they are in the Super Bowl. I don't think anybody is 100% sure at this point that Lacy has 1st round talent, having a sensational OL in front of him opening holes, could have been more them, than Lacy. The combine will decide his fate.

I love him and if the Combine confirms his athletic talent, I think Green Bay gives serious consideration to drafting him. Late in close games, teams must be able to run the ball effectively to get time off the clock and Green Bay lacks really any ability to scare teams with their running attack, and while teams find solid RB's in later rounds, if Lacy is ranked as the #1 RB going into draft day, teams in need of a RB will give him serious consideration as there are far fewer guarantees the later you wait.
Whether or not it's a value push (IMO it's not: he's a running back), It's not a good scheme fit. The running back Green Bay needs is a vision back who can make sudden cuts to get the most out of suspect run blocking and hit home runs (or at least doubles) when he gets an opening. Ideally that guy should also be excellent in receiving and pass blocking.

That guy's not Lacy. Whether or not he's the best back in the draft, he's not the best schematic fit at running back for the Green Bay offense. If healthy, someone like Gio Bernard helps Green Bay a lot more than does Lacy (though he shouldn't go in the first either.)

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 01-26-2013 at 12:03 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I hope NFL.com is paying you IAC.
Really. Not sure what the fascination is with NFLN myself.

I would advise whoever did this mock that Seattle would take Ansah over Hankins every day of the week.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Really. Not sure what the fascination is with NFLN myself.

I would advise whoever did this mock that Seattle would take Ansah over Hankins every day of the week.
Do you expect a change in defensive approach with the loss of Gus Bradley?

Last edited by wadsworth : 01-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadsworth View Post
Do you expect a chance in defensive approach with the loss of Gus Bradley?
I don't, mainly because for me it's always been Pete's defense. So maybe you see a little more blitzing but it's going to be a lot of tight man to man with their big corners.

Seattle has made no bones about it that their pass rush needs help ,so barring someone really high on their board falling to them like one of your top receivers or maybe an Ogeltree to play OLB, then it just might be DE they go after. In a perfect world an Ansah or a Werner would fall to them or they trade up to grab one of those two.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Whether or not it's a value push (IMO it's not: he's a running back), It's not a good scheme fit. The running back Green Bay needs is a vision back who can make sudden cuts to get the most out of suspect run blocking and hit home runs (or at least doubles) when he gets an opening. Ideally that guy should also be excellent in receiving and pass blocking.

That guy's not Lacy. Whether or not he's the best back in the draft, he's not the best schematic fit at running back for the Green Bay offense. If healthy, someone like Gio Bernard helps Green Bay a lot more than does Lacy (though he shouldn't go in the first either.)
I cannot really comment on this year's RB crop until I see their 40 times. If Lacy is slow, I would agree but if he runs in the 4.50 neighborhood, I think he could be a sensational NFL RB in almost any NFL offensive scheme. He also looks to me to have the potential to be an outstanding pass protector.
My first inclination is that Bernard may have more long distance striking power but can he pass block?
Old 01-26-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

[quote=Babylon;3256884]Really. Not sure what the fascination is with NFLN myself.

I respect experience over what gurus or draftnik's mock. These 3 guys have a lot of scouting experience and at least 1 played in the NFL. They probably are just starting their reviews of film and their mocks may be raw at best, but with their contacts in the scouting community, I think they have a pretty strong idea of real team's draft boards vs the guessing that takes place here, based on little to no experience and no proven track record.

Worse case scenario, they provide a strong starting point for discussion on prospects which is all I am looking for.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Completely agreed.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cue Vidae.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Pats realize talent and if Carradine was ranked considerably higher pre injury, BB is not above trying to steal a guy recovering from an injury, who he knows, he would never have had a shot at if he was perfectly healthy, and he feels he won't get a shot at in round 2.

That is how the top teams steal prospects who if there was a redraft, a year later, may have gone top 15. Look at Gronk.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like those mock draft hit the needs but not sure its the right player oh well. Draft is so far away its hard to tell right now .
Old 01-26-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
cue Vidae.
Exactly! BARF KC PICK Y'ALL!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The Pats realize talent and if Carradine was ranked considerably higher pre injury, BB is not above trying to steal a guy recovering from an injury, who he knows, he would never have had a shot at if he was perfectly healthy, and he feels he won't get a shot at in round 2.

That is how the top teams steal prospects who if there was a redraft, a year later, may have gone top 15. Look at Gronk.
And, he wasn't a first round pick either.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Antonio Cromartie, Willie McGahee were also injured and went 1st round. More and more an ACL is getting overlooked because it is not as devestating as it used to be for athletes.

Tank Carradine was playing like a Top 20 prospect before the injury. I saw an opinion on another board that he was getting his sacks because of Werner getting pressure and forcing the QB to Carradine. Obviously this was the opinion of some who doesn't watch Florida State bc it was the exact opposite. I watched ever game and only 1 sack you can say Werner was first to the QB and 1 other sack was inside pressure by #93. Carradine was actually the reason for the vast majority of Werner's production. Something has to give here either Carradine is good enough to be considerd Top 20 or Werner is overrated and not a Top 5 prospect.

I for one would love if Cleveland could manage to get a late 1st and nab Carradine. He has big time potential IMO unlike many others in this draft.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossOfDeath View Post
Antonio Cromartie, Willie McGahee were also injured and went 1st round. More and more an ACL is getting overlooked because it is not as devestating as it used to be for athletes.

Tank Carradine was playing like a Top 20 prospect before the injury. I saw an opinion on another board that he was getting his sacks because of Werner getting pressure and forcing the QB to Carradine. Obviously this was the opinion of some who doesn't watch Florida State bc it was the exact opposite. I watched ever game and only 1 sack you can say Werner was first to the QB and 1 other sack was inside pressure by #93. Carradine was actually the reason for the vast majority of Werner's production. Something has to give here either Carradine is good enough to be considerd Top 20 or Werner is overrated and not a Top 5 prospect.

I for one would love if Cleveland could manage to get a late 1st and nab Carradine. He has big time potential IMO unlike many others in this draft.
Part of the appeal of Carradine is that he was impressive as a pass rusher but also had 80 tackles(47 solo). Like Jenkins, he is a guy too many are writing off due to injury. If Jenkins is 100% by his Pro Day I expect a sudden influx of interest. The gap between Werner/Jenkins/Carradine is not as big as the current draft rankings suggest.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

McGahee was a Top 5 pick before his injury, and Cromartie had sic measurables. Carradine was not graded a first rounder by many before his injury. Hence, my reservations.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadsworth View Post
Part of the appeal of Carradine is that he was impressive as a pass rusher but also had 80 tackles(47 solo). Like Jenkins, he is a guy too many are writing off due to injury. If Jenkins is 100% by his Pro Day I expect a sudden influx of interest. The gap between Werner/Jenkins/Carradine is not as big as the current draft rankings suggest.
I honestly like Carradine the most. Like you said he can get after the passer and has hustle to get those tackles. He is also a better run defender than both. Werner gets far too much credit IMO. I have seen him jogging far too often for my liking. Brandon Jenkins can get off the ball in a hurry and gets after the QB, but doesn't anchor well in run support. All three of them have there qualities and can make a place for themselves in this league. I just feel Carradine has the most upside because he is more well rounded.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote