Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
He was probably already in the top 15. Now he's just confirming that.
I was hoping his stock would fall after the practices. His tape isn't very impressive either but I think this game and the combine probably secures him in the top 15 now.

If no Ansah for me, I'll settle for Warmack, Johnson, Fluker, or Jones.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
All that says solid second rounder IMO. If he goes in the first, it has everything to do with need and lack of talent at the position.
needing a quarterback is a rather large need and if the top guy is available, it's not a reach

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Kaseem Greene for you all. The guy is unblockable. A not so poor man's Luke Kuechly.
I like Greene a lot but we need a MIKE more than a OLB. And Greene is a 2nd round talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
with all the Superbowls you guys have won i would have thought you'd be a little more charitable.
Nope. We get first dibs on pass rushers. It's how we roll.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansah has looked great.

I'm liking Conner Vernon.
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
Ansah has looked great.

I'm liking Conner Vernon.
Vernon is looking like a 2013 Fred Bileknikoff. Also, I think Kyle Long has found a nice home at LG!
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
needing a quarterback is a rather large need and if the top guy is available, it's not a reach
He's not the top guy, Smith is. Barkley will go ahead of Wilson IMO. Also, I believe that Manuel will be a better pro than Wilson. I tried to tell people about the kid who will start in the SB for the 49ers to a chorus of boos two years ago.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 01-26-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Lane Johnson looks like a stud.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

E.J. Manuel has been pretty good, especially considering how bad the other guys looked.
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
E.J. Manuel has been pretty good, especially considering how bad the other guys looked.
This guy is a winner who completed 68% of his passes, yet wondrous one year guys like Nassib are being talked about as first rounders.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansah was just non-stop, he was great all day.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This guy is a winner who completed 68% of his passes, yet wondrous one year guys like Nassib are being talked about as first rounders.
Especially with those other guys showing nothing resembling an NFL arm... I've said it many times, Manuel has been overanalyzed and unfairly critisized due to high expectations. He does not look out of place at all with all the NFL on the field. Nassib or Dysert just do not look like they belong on the field with the big boys...
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Tyler Wilson may not have Glennon size but he's plenty big for the position. Does Wilson have a huge arm? No he doesn't but he can make all the throws thru the intermediate level and the deep ball is a work in progress; like I stated before I think the deep ball struggles come from footwork issues that need to be ironed out over not having the arm to be able to make the throws.
I wouldn't even bother with Tyler Wilson. His injury history, particularly the concussions, is scary. Maybe in like the 4th round I'd start thinking I could take a chance on developing him behind an entrenched starter. He'd be a great fit on a team like Dallas.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vernon is looking like a 2013 Fred Bileknikoff. Also, I think Kyle Long has found a nice home at LG!
I kind of like Kyle Long at guard where he can use his strong hands to shove people around inside. As much as I like brother Chris I'd say Kyle got dad's mean streak.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Ansah was just non-stop, he was great all day.
Ixnay on the praise there, a lot of us are hoping for a giant slide to the bottom of round 1. maybe we can make up a fake girlfriend.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Manuel is going to make some people eat some crow.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think that Manuel is going to make some people eat some crow.
Let's be honest here. It doesn't hurt that a second and third round QB, who can throw the ball and escape the pocket, talking Wilson and Kaepernick, had great success this year. Personally not a huge Manuel fan but his stock in this really bad year for QBs could be moving on up to the big time.

I'm on board.

Last edited by Babylon : 01-26-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansah to the Browns at 6.... I wish Dion Jordan could have played, I would've liked to see him up against top competition both in his coverage and his rushing.
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone drafts Manuel expecting him to develop into a franchise type QB is going to be very disappointed.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So am I the only one miffed to see Ansah struggle in pratice only to absolutely beast during the game?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Agreed, although I'd probably consider him in the 3rd in most cases. I see him having a Chad Henne-ish career at best.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed, although I'd probably consider him in the 3rd in most cases. I see him having a Chad Henne-ish career at best.
you're reeling in your enthusiasm for Manuel already?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If anyone drafts Manuel expecting him to develop into a franchise type QB is going to be very disappointed.
And how exactly do you know that?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
you're reeling in your enthusiasm for Manuel already?
That comment pertained to Wilson.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappeshot View Post
black bolt you have no idea what you are talking about. Wilson is going in the top 15 rather you like it or not buddy.
LOL, here's what Walterfootball.com had to say about T. Wilson:

"Tyler Wilson looked like a right-handed version of Matt Leinart in the Senior Bowl. He spent most of his time checking down, and his one deep attempt died in the air and was nearly picked off. This was only one throw, but scouts already had reservations about his deep ball heading into the Senior Bowl, so this only validated their concerns. It's tough to imagine Wilson going in the first round now. He finished 8-of-11, but for only 39 yards."
Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a really interesting QB class. Any number of these guys really could be first rounders based entirely on the position they play. Geno Smith may have made the right decision not showing up and letting the rest shoot themselves in the foot. Mike Glennon was the best during practice but showed the same pocket problems that he shown in other tape. Nassib also showed an impressive practices on Monday and Tuesday but had problems on Wednesday and game day. While Manuel was unremarkable during practice blew up during the game and became MVP. Just a crazy year at this position.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote