Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hines' First Mock Draft-Post Senior Bowl

This is a mock in January. Probably won't be my best work or my last attempt. No trades.

1. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14)- Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

-No clear cut number 1 guy. Could the Chiefs chose a QB? Yes, but Reid has shown he can develop a QB later in the draft and the QB class is very underwhelming.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14)- Bjoern Werner DE Florida State

-Jacksonville needs a pass rush and I believe Werner is the best of the bunch with the least amount of risk.

3. Oakland Raiders (4-12)- Star Lotulelei DL Utah

-Raiders defense was bad this season. Richard Seymour looks to be leaving and they could replace him with Lotulei.

4. Philadelphia Eagles (4-12)- Geno Smith QB West Virginia

-Chip Kelly is in charge and may want a QB to fit in his system. While Smith isn't the most mobile guy he has had, he certainly isn't a statue and I believe could fit his system well.

5. Detroit Lions (4-12)- Dee Milliner CB Alabama

-Outside of Chris Houston, the Lions CBs are unknown guys. In a division with Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler, the team needs to solidify the back end of their defense.

6. Cleveland Browns (5-11)- Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M

-Ray Horton is now in charge of a defense that has talent, but needs more of a pass rush. Horton and Cleveland will be thrilled to land Moore in this spot.

7. Arizona Cardinals (5-11)- Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

-The Cards have a gaping hole at QB, but that won't matter because their OL is the worst in the league.

8. Buffalo Bills (6-10)- Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee

-His hands are inconsistent and didn't put up gaudy numbers in his one season at Tennessee, but could be the best WR in this draft and some team will reach on him due to what he will do at the Combine.

9. New York Jets (6-10)- Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

-Jones finally gets taken. While his medical is a cause for concern, the Jets need a pass rush bad and Jones is the best one out there.

10. Tennessee Titans (6-10)- Chase Womack G Alabama

-The interior line is not good for the Titans. While a reach in terms of value, Womack will be a Pro Bowl guard in a few years.

11. San Diego Chargers (7-9)- Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

-San Diego's OL was in bad shape last year due to injuries. Johnson will be a Day 1 starter and strengthen that unit up.

12. Miami Dolphins (7-9)- Keenan Allen WR California

-I expect the Dolphins to resign Hartline and land one of the big FA WRs, but I believe they need more. Allen gives that team another threat since they lacked points on the scoreboard.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)- Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State

-Eric Wright was a bust signing, Barber got moved to S, and they lack a number 1 guy. Banks comes in and strengthens a position of need for a potential break out team in 2013.

14. Carolina Panthers (7-9)- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

-Carolina's run defense was bad. Richardson helps that.

15. New Orleans Saints (7-9)- Jonathan Hankins DT Ohio State

-With news that they are moving to a 34 next year, the Saints will need a big NT to help that transition.

16. St. Louis Rams (7-8-1)- Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

-Craig Dahl and Quintin Mikell aren't good and should be cut once the offseason starts. Vaccaro will come in and help an already strong secondary.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)- Dion Jordan OLB Oregon

-I really don't think he fits Pittsburgh's defense, but they need another pass rusher. The success of Aldon Smith could make them pull the trigger.

18. Dallas Cowboys (8-8)- Shariff Floyd DT Florida

-With the team moving to a 43 and lack of impact DTs, Floyd may be the best player on their board.

19. New York Giants (9-7)- Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

-After the Senior Bowl, his stock may skyrocket before this pick, but I believe this is the perfect spot for him. If he develops into the player people think he could be, he and JPP would be very deadly.

20. Chicago Bears (10-6)- Arthur Brown LB Kansas State

-The defense needs to find replacements for Urlacher and Briggs. Brown is a step up.

21. Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)- Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame

-Once hyped to be a top 5 pick, his National Championship Game and hoax situation might push him down. The Bengals have had success dealing with these type of players and he and Burfict could be a nice foundation at LB.

22. St. Louis Rams (7-8-1) (trade with Washington Redskins)- DJ Fluker OT Alabama

-Rams OL was not good last year. Wayne Hunter should not be a starting RT in the NFL. Fluker has a chance to beat him out day 1.

23. Minnesota Vikings (10-6)- DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson

-They still have Percy Harvin, who is the midst of trade rumors and not likely to resign with the club. They drafted two WRs last year and could make a play for the top WRs in FA, but I believe they need more. Hopkins really broke out last year and his speed and skills should help Ponder out a ton.

24. Indianapolis Colts (11-5)- Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU

-While his athletic ability isn't knocked, it's his production that is. Didn't have a great Jr. season, but has some of the highest potential in the draft. Pagano will help him reach that.

25. Seattle Seahawks (11-5)- Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina

-Just a hair under Womack as far as ability. He'd improve a disappointing line.

26. Green Bay Packers (11-5)- Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame

-The Packers should move on from Finley. Eifert will make Packer fans forget all about him.

27. Houston Texans (12-4)- Jesse Williams DL Alabama

-Despite all the talent Wade Phillips has added to that defense, they don't have a for sure NT. Williams is versatile and should find somewhere to play along the DL.

28. Denver Broncos (13-3)- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State

-I don't think Champ plays much longer and they don't have any number 1 CBs waiting in the wings.

29. New England Patriots (12-4)- Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

-Wes Welker seems to be headed towards free agency and I don't think the team brings him back. Austin, though small, can get behind defenders and make those defenders miss. He'd be a nice little weapon for that offense.

30. Atlanta Falcons (13-3)- Sam Montgomery DE LSU

-With a list of needs, it's a wonder how Atlanta made it to the NFCCG, but with John Abraham getting older and a lack of pass rush outside of him, I feel like it is their biggest need.

31. Baltimore Ravens (10-6)*- Kevin Minter LB LSU

-Ray Lewis is gone after next week's game and they don't have a replacement for him. Minter has three down potential and could be the leader of their defense in no time.

32. San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1)- Desmond Trufant CB Washington

-The D is set, but their CBs can be very suspect. Trufant has been flying up boards and I can see his name being called in the late first round here in San Fran.

Comments and constructive criticism is always welcome.