Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Senior Bowl Impressions

A lot of things I came away with:

At WR I really like Marquise Goodwin as a slot WR. He was marginally productive in college, plus good return men have diminished value, but the dude can fly, showed good enough hands, and is a stronger than advertised runner with the ball in his hands. I think he might have elevated his stock to 3rd round value. I would be happy to add him to our offense and have him occasionally line up outside as well. His skillset (speed, quickness) are completely different to the lumbering brute longstriders we have now.

On defense, who doesn't love Desmond Trufant? I mentioned him as the CB I would want in round 2... I doubt he will be there now. He's got speed, aggressiveness, the feet, and the attitude it takes to succeed on the next level. He's elevated himself into the last half of round 1. I wouldn't be at all opposed to trading down to nab Trufant. I think he is a solid starter from day 1.

Datone Jones really impressed me. Mayock and Davis were raving about him being a base 4-3 DE or 5-tech... I wouldn't mind seeing him as a swing DE/DT. I think he's strong enough (he's far bigger than Melton was coming out) to get plenty of quality snaps inside at 3-tech. He consistently beat blockers with speed, technique, and power. His has the hands to survive inside as well. He may be a fringe 1st rounder at this point.

CB Jordan Poyer looks like a playmaker. He is a solid 2nd rounder at this point. He wasn't perfect in practice, but he was good, he was very good in the game.

S Duke Williams really flies around putting his helmet on people. He's aggressive and has schematic versatility.

LB Khasseem Greene didn't have a great week or a great game... but I loved this guy with Rutgers and I believe that he's exactly the type of ILB Schiano would love to add to this team. Whether Greene would take over at Mike or David would move and Greene would be the Will, I don't know. But it's hard to imagine that Schiano and co. don't covet him in round 2.

DE Ezekial Ansah didn't show a whole lot during the week. After practices were over I think he fell out of round 1. After watching the game I think he re-established himself as a 1st rounder. He is NOT an edge rusher despite his speed and athleticism. He has ZERO plan as a pass rusher, opting to run straight into the blocker and go after the QB. It's quite possible that that, along with his athleticism and upside will be enough to elevate him back into round 1.

Other guys I like:

CB Sanders Commings of Georgia, one of the few Georgia players on D that didn't embarrass themselves this week. (the safeties were terrible). He didn't stand out, but with his size (6' 220 lbs) and athleticism, he could be a stud at FS or as a coverage SS in the NFL.

OT David Quessenberry-they kept projecting him to OG... I think he could be a RT. He's a little light, but is strong and athletic.

OT Jordan Mills-looks like an NFL-caliber OT.

DT Brandon Williams-didn't have great practices or games but he has a skillset that can't be taught. He is strong and fast and could be a huge additon to the DT rotation.

DT Kawann Short-very good movement skills for DT. Likely late 1st rounder.

CB BW Webb was solid all week. Showed good enough speed and athleticism to warrant consideration in top half of draft.

LB Sio Moore had a good week and strong game. As a former Big Easter he is likely on Schiano's radar.

LB Steve Beauharnais was better than advertised. I want to see what he runs because I don't think he was given enough credit for his athleticism.

LB Zaviar Gooden was what we thought he was, an athletic LB that ran well and made plays in coverage. He would be great value on special teams if he was still around after round 3.

WR Denard Robinson, though some might say he had a terrible week, I think he was hurt. In the game he showed his competitiveness. It's possible he really hurt his stock. I saw him as a 3rd rounder BEFORE the game... now he looks like a 5th or 6th rounder, which I would be happy to add him for that price. I think he has a ton of upside.

Who hurt themselves?

DE Margus Hunt was lost. There was talk that he could be taken in round 1, I said no matter how well he tested, because of his age, he shouldn't go higher than round 2 and because of his lack of production at SMU, he looked like a 3rd rounder. Based on his week in Mobile, 3rd round is looking optimistic. Like Ansah, he had no plan, unlike Ansah he gets no push, he also can't get off blocks and doesn't play up to his athletic measurables. He changed direction very slowly, had very poor recognition skills, made the same mistakes repeatedly, struggled to hold the point of attack. Based on his tape and week of practice and game, he looks no better than a late round pick. But because he will likely blow up the combine and his ability to block kicks, I see him eventually resettling into the 3rd/4th round range.

OT Oday Aboushi-as a UVa fan, I wondered how he gained an invite. After watching him in practice he solidified my suspicions that he stinks. Slow, weak, bad technique, he has a good frame, plenty of experience, I don't see him going before the 6th round.

DE Michael Buchanan looks like a prototype RDE but he lacks burst and strength. He couldn't disengage or create space with his speed, nor could he effective use power to move his man. He looks like he will have to be a 3-4 OLB and be freed up schematically to ever be a factor as a pass rusher.

Some DBs that really stood out for not being good: S Robert Lester was terrible. The Georgia safeties were awful. I wasn't impressed in the practice with either UConn CB, though both had good games.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote