Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-24-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno man. Warmack might be too sexy to pass on.

But I do like Jordan, Okafor, and possibly Ansah.

The guy from UCLA is growing on me. I want him to drop 8 lbs and play LE.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I dunno man. Warmack might be too sexy to pass on.

But I do like Jordan, Okafor, and possibly Ansah.

The guy from UCLA is growing on me. I want him to drop 8 lbs and play LE.
Warmack is incredibly sexy. I'd love to see him out there for us. but at this point, i think our D is what needs the overhaul. Our O, I'm confident, will get it clicking with Randle having a year under his belt and hopefully Nicks being healthy. Either way, trenches baby. Let's work the trenches
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An interesting prospect to keep tabs on is Goodman from Clemson. The guy was apparently unimpressive his entire career, but he dominated his bowl game vs LSU.

And he has a ridiculous wingspan. Makes JPP look like a TRex. Long arms are very important to me when I evaluate pass rushers. I loved JPP for it. Aldon Smith is a beast largely bc of his wingspan. Chandler Jones was the best pass rusher of this past draft bc of his wingspan.

Goodman has that kind of wingspan. Watching his play, he's a natural bender, great hips, good get off, good speed, can bend the edge, and he can disengage off of blocks.

Bc of his lack of production he's going to fall in the draft. I have a feeling this guy is gonna be a better pro than college player. I think he has promise as a developmental guy if he's there in the 3rd or 4th round. I'd jump on that.

I think he can be a situational pass rusher, with a ceiling of being a dominant LE. Realistically you hope you can develop him into a situational pass rusher who can sub in to LE on passing downs.

The tools are all there. I'd be interested to see how NFL coaching can effect this guy. He has the tools to be great. It's a bit surprising that he's never realized his potential. That's a concern, but in the middle of the draft, I think its a fair gamble to take.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
An interesting prospect to keep tabs on is Goodman from Clemson. The guy was apparently unimpressive his entire career, but he dominated his bowl game vs LSU.

And he has a ridiculous wingspan. Makes JPP look like a TRex. Long arms are very important to me when I evaluate pass rushers. I loved JPP for it. Aldon Smith is a beast largely bc of his wingspan. Chandler Jones was the best pass rusher of this past draft bc of his wingspan.

Goodman has that kind of wingspan. Watching his play, he's a natural bender, great hips, good get off, good speed, can bend the edge, and he can disengage off of blocks.

Bc of his lack of production he's going to fall in the draft. I have a feeling this guy is gonna be a better pro than college player. I think he has promise as a developmental guy if he's there in the 3rd or 4th round. I'd jump on that.

I think he can be a situational pass rusher, with a ceiling of being a dominant LE. Realistically you hope you can develop him into a situational pass rusher who can sub in to LE on passing downs.

The tools are all there. I'd be interested to see how NFL coaching can effect this guy. He has the tools to be great. It's a bit surprising that he's never realized his potential. That's a concern, but in the middle of the draft, I think its a fair gamble to take.
Sounds interesting, a guy to watch for sure
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you guys know your Rutgers players... so what round does Jamison go in?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know you guys know your Rutgers players... so what round does Jamison go in?
I'd do 4th or later. I might be missing something but I don't see it with him NFL wise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zak and I differ in this years class, oddly enough. I see him being a solid NFL stater, but can't be the sole guy. 4th rounder who outplays his slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I said I wanted to see Ansah in the Senior Bowl and see how he competes, adjusts, and plays in a live game, and boy oh boy did he show up. He's back to being on my wish list. He dominated this game. Very impressive.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Friends don't let friends draft clemson lineman. Ansah will do just fine.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Lane Johnson played himself into a guy I'd love at 19 as well.

The de from Georgia and UCLA also stood out to me.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Ansah isn't on the board I want Lane Johnson. He's gonna be a hell of a player.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ or Eric Fisher are my guys, though I believe EF will go earlier. But any of those OL guys will make me VERY happy! This draft is loaded with OL guys who will make me say, Yippeeee!!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Goodson is very interesting. I wouldn't waste that high of a pick on him because it seems like he's very lackadaisical and doesn't have a great motor which screams bust to me. But if he's a late round pick he's certainly worth taking a chance on.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EF is gone. Don't even think about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I said I wanted to see Ansah in the Senior Bowl and see how he competes, adjusts, and plays in a live game, and boy oh boy did he show up. He's back to being on my wish list. He dominated this game. Very impressive.
Watching the game now, and I totally agree, he showed up in a big way! But he just confuses me. I don't put too much emphasis on the game itself, because it's really just a glorified practice, with the limitations put on the offense and defense.

And he was underwhelming in practice all week. I don't know, but I'm not comfortable in picking him in the first round just yet.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:04 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players I would like to draft after watching them in the senior bowl(not mentioning unrealistic options like Eric Fisher or players we don't need, like a high round QB):

OL Lane Johnson

OL First name? Warford

DL Datone Jones

DL Kawann Short

DL Alex Okafor

CB Jordan Poyer

CB Desmond Trufant

S Johnathan Cyprien

These guys just stood out to me. Would be happy if we drafted one or more of these seniors

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 03:59 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Ok, so after watching the whole game I would like to retract my previous statement about Ansah(which I made at halftime). He's a beast. I want him. Bad.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Seems like Ansah might go top 15 now which sucks. But anyway, my big board as of right now:

1. Ziggy Ansah
2. Chance Warmack
3. Lane Johnson
4. Datone Jones
5. Fluker
Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Mine would be:

1. Chance Warmack
2. Ziggy Ansah
3. Desmond Trufant
4. Lane Johnson
5. Alex Okafor
6. Datone Jones
7. Jordan Poyer
8. DJ Fluker
9. Alec Ogletree

9999458205292. Manti Te'o

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm not a Okafor fan. He was pretty unimpressive to me honestly. Who's the DE from Georgia? That guy really stood out to me.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not a Okafor fan. He was pretty unimpressive to me honestly. Who's the DE from Georgia? That guy really stood out to me.
Cornelius Washington? He's a DE atleast, but I think you are thinking about John Jenkins from Georgia? He's a DT though, but he impressed at the Senior Bowl. And I kinda liked Okafor. Gave Eric Fisher a run for his money a couple of times at the Senior Bowl, and he was one of the few to even get close to getting draws with him. I think he could become a good LDE.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah Washington. He pressured the qb all game long. He was impressive. I gotta go back and look at Okafor. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention to him.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP was supposed to go top 5, Ansah will fall to us, spags will replace Fewell over our Bye week and glory will return to the Big Blue D!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

JPP fell to 15 though. I can see Ansah falling around there, but 19? That's a bit of a fall.

And typically when a player sets a trend, the player that resembles him in the upcoming draft gets drafted higher than said player. So if anything JPP made Ansah a lot more money by generating the hype for him.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Scott Pioli has Oggletree in his top 10 junior prospects list. Interesting.

I still have to give him a look. My first impressions were he's a 4-3 WILL only, and we have JWILL so I'm not sure. But he has incredible physical tools and I'm not done evaluating him.