Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to see Lincoln on Sunday, super pumped.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on his prior roles, Jack Black was surprisingly good in Bernie.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Silver Linings Playbook was fantastic. So much I'd like to say about it, but for now I'll just say that Bradley Cooper somehow portrayed one of the most likable characters of the past couple years, which I am very glad to see. Awesome job.
I found the movie likeable and i enjoyed it, but Im not sure why people are saying its a great film or the best movie of the year. I don't know if I'm missing something, but the whole movie felt like a well mad,darker romantic comedy, but not a great film. Im just curious what made the movie great to you? Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence both are good and Deniro is fine, but I just didn't see greatness in the film overall.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zero Dark Thirty was terrible

Who are all these people saying this movie is good?

Major dissapointment, but ill give it another watch sometime in the future to see if im wrong, but after 1st impression not thrilled, for the plot what it was the exacusion was terrible the main character seemed more of a damsel in distress more than anything.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally saw Cloud Atlas. Thought it was excellent. I typically don't like any time a movie goes over 2 hours, but this kept me interested the whole time.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lincoln was beautiful. Tommy Lee Jones should win Supporting Actor.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Lincoln was beautiful. Tommy Lee Jones should win Supporting Actor.
Tommy Lee Jones was not as good as every other actor nominated as Best Supporting Actor so I disagree.

Interesting that you describe Lincoln as beautiful. To me Life of Pi or Cloud Atlas are beautiful films, Lincoln was popcorn history.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I found the movie likeable and i enjoyed it, but Im not sure why people are saying its a great film or the best movie of the year. I don't know if I'm missing something, but the whole movie felt like a well mad,darker romantic comedy, but not a great film. Im just curious what made the movie great to you? Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence both are good and Deniro is fine, but I just didn't see greatness in the film overall.
I share the same general opinion. It got a bit cliche towards the end. Quality, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it spectacular.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got home from watching Les Miserables. Probably one of the least enjoyable movies I've ever seen. Sure, the acting was good, but the movie itself wasn't for me. And I have no problem with musicals. I've seen Godspell, Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, and a few other musicals and loved them. I think it's the fact that the sing THE ENTIRE TIME. I know it's a musical, but you don't have to sing mundane conversations. Les Miserables has surpassed Rent as my least favorite legitimate movie (crap like Jack & Jill and low budget horror movies don't count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Just got home from watching Les Miserables. Probably one of the least enjoyable movies I've ever seen. Sure, the acting was good, but the movie itself wasn't for me. And I have no problem with musicals. I've seen Godspell, Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, and a few other musicals and loved them. I think it's the fact that the sing THE ENTIRE TIME. I know it's a musical, but you don't have to sing mundane conversations. Les Miserables has surpassed Rent as my least favorite legitimate movie (crap like Jack & Jill and low budget horror movies don't count).
I will once again offer a contrarian opinion and say I actually really enjoyed Les Mis. I do like musicals though have not liked quite a few film adaptations. I thought Les Mis was really well done.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I will once again offer a contrarian opinion and say I actually really enjoyed Les Mis. I do like musicals though have not liked quite a few film adaptations. I thought Les Mis was really well done.
Yeah, I'm sure for people who like the musical Les Mis, it was good. And I'll say I enjoyed the parts with the revolution guys. But the plot just isn't for me. Like the inspector ...

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 01-27-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sort of in the middle. I agree with all of the points jr is making, but my overall opinion of the film is slightly more favorable.

As for the inspector:

SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Recently watched West of Memphis and read the book Life After Death by Damien Echolls. What a travesty. **** Arkansas and everyone who puts politically aspirations before justice and the good of people. It really is sickening how awful the human race can be (and awful how often I read about the south being involved).
Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Recently watched West of Memphis and read the book Life After Death by Damien Echolls. What a travesty. **** Arkansas and everyone who puts politically aspirations before justice and the good of people. It really is sickening how awful the human race can be (and awful how often I read about the south being involved).
I haven't seen that particular film, but I know the case and I've seen other films about it. I won't say anything other than... meh

Also, when is Great Gatsby coming out? In the previews tonight, it said Christmas but I was pretty sure it was May 10th.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I haven't seen that particular film, but I know the case and I've seen other films about it. I won't say anything other than... meh

Also, when is Great Gatsby coming out? In the previews tonight, it said Christmas but I was pretty sure it was May 10th.
I would argue that 3 men imprisoned and tortured for 18 years with one almost being executed all for a crime they didn't commit warrants more than a meh response. As awful as that is though I think that fact that the person who murdered three children (evidence strongly points to the stepfather of one of the kids who was not even interviewed after the murder) is still free and will likely never see jail time is the worst part of the whole ordeal.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would argue that 3 men imprisoned and tortured for 18 years with one almost being executed all for a crime they didn't commit warrants more than a meh response. As awful as that is though I think that fact that the person who murdered three children (evidence strongly points to the stepfather of one of the kids who was not even interviewed after the murder) is still free and will likely never see jail time is the worst part of the whole ordeal.
I won't get into a discussion about the crime for fear of infractions, but a film produced by one of convicted killers based on a book by one of the convicted killers probably isn't the most unbiased indicator of guilt and reason to criticize the human race and the entire southern USA.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure for people who like the musical Les Mis, it was good. And I'll say I enjoyed the parts with the revolution guys. But the plot just isn't for me. Like the inspector ...

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I won't get into a discussion about the crime for fear of infractions, but a film produced by one of convicted killers based on a book by one of the convicted killers probably isn't the most unbiased indicator of guilt and reason to criticize the human race and the entire southern USA.
You are right about there being bias. There always is. Take a lot at the evidence though. There is nothing linking any of the three to the murders besides an admission of guilt by one of them wrought with inconsistencies and force fed to him by the police. He also happens to be borderline ******** and gave the statement under duress. The three have alibis for that night and not one piece of forensic evidence links any of them to the crime. They were convicted based on the prosecution playing on the fears of the jury. The jury was told the children were raped and tortured and it was part of a satanic ritual. Evidence shows all of the marks that the jury pointed to as being signs that the three tortured the children were in fact bite marks from animals. The three also happened to have incompetent lawyers who barely even attempted to defend them. I could go on.

I am not criticizing all of the south at all nor will I get into my feelings about the death penalty. Just look at how the case ended, the state allowed them to plead an Alford guilty which meant they plead guilty but retain their innocence. Of course it also means they can't sue. The only other option for them would have been to spend other few years behind bars as the state drew the case out as long as possible. What happened was an atrocity.

I just don't understand how you can look at the case and think justice has been served. I am sure if it was you jailed for 18 years and accused of murdering three children while the murderer walked free you would not be saying meh. Not a personal attack against you at all nor do I think I am breaking rules because I am not getting into any politics or religion (though both played a major part in the case). I just feel like stuff like this needs to be known otherwise there will be people who continue to abuse the law for their own gain.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the first 90 minutes of Lincoln online tonight — Not overly impressed. This cannot win Best Picture.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Watched the first 90 minutes of Lincoln online tonight — Not overly impressed. This cannot win Best Picture.
That's what I'm saying! I still don't understand the praise it gets. Bland movie with good acting.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pulling for Zero Dark Thirty or Lincoln to get Best Picture. Both of those films were fantastic.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

I just realized I have now seen every Best Picture nom save for Amour which I stopped watching after 40 mins so I will rank them top to bottom save for Amour.

1. Django Unchained
2. Life of Pi
3. Argo
4. Silver Linings Playbook
5. Beasts of the Southern Wild
6. Zero Dark Thirty
7. Les Miserables
8. Lincoln

Still not sure why they didn't nominate a tenth film when there were many worthy films.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I liked Zero Dark Thirty.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I am in love with Jennifer Lawrence
Who isn't?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what I'm saying! I still don't understand the praise it gets. Bland movie with good acting.
Really bland, and even the great acting is limited to just a few of the showy speeches. It's not like I'm constantly marveling at it.

And among films that are based on true events and we basically know how the stories go, Argo and ZDT are both so much better.