Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For everyone here wanting Ziggy he's not looking to good right now. 2nd rounder
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Ansuh is raw but I just see te potential. He played the elephant end position so I figured he'd have an up and down week.

Guy I've been watching film on is Sheldon Richardson. Wow. Very impressed. On a weak Missouri team man did he stand out especially against superior teams in the sec.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desmond trufant is one guy I really am liking. Has some swag as well.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desmond trufant in the 2nd round would be nice. The guy has started a lot of games.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yeah Ansuh is raw but I just see te potential. He played the elephant end position so I figured he'd have an up and down week.

Guy I've been watching film on is Sheldon Richardson. Wow. Very impressed. On a weak Missouri team man did he stand out especially against superior teams in the sec.
I agree, he did not show any counter moves during the pass rush drill, appeared as if he had trouble turning the corner on one bag/dummy drill but with the right coach I think the reward could be high. We have to remember that this guy has only been playing football since college and was former track athlete. I am assuming he is going to test well because of the track background, so that may push him back into the later part of the 1st round. Preferably I would want Tampa to trade back and keep building and building and go with the BPA.

I still can not believe we didn't change DC, with Monte Kiffen or Rod Marinelli or even just took a shot a Lovie Smith as our DC even though he would only probably be with us for a year.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Guys the Jets said Revis is on the market. Would you trade 2nd rounder and 4th rounder from the Pats for Revis?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Guys the Jets said Revis is on the market. Would you trade 2nd rounder and 4th rounder from the Pats for Revis?
No. He carries 12-15 million a year and just came off of an ACL injury. Their is also a clause in his contract that he cannot be franchised due to injury. He's an FA in 2014.

Isn't it a coincidence that the jets are willing to trade their franchise player after a serious injury?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Or you can look at it as the Jets are 20 million over the cap with a over the hill roster. That's going to need young players on rookie deals to fix their cap / talent problem . And their best player ( Revis ) also happens to make the most money and most likely has the most trade value. Also he happens to play CB which is the deepest on the Jets.

I would do it. You've just seen two running backs come back from ACL's to be great again. And Revis at 90% of his old self is still a top 5 CB in the NFL. I'm all about getting the best players on the field at this point. And at 27 Revis would still have 5/6 years of playing with the bucs at a high level.

It's a shot, but if I'm the Bucs I take it.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

One more thing... You can't tell me giving up a 2nd for Revis is a bad deal 4 years ago we gave up a 2nd for K2. The Browns had three picks in second round that year. All are busts. The success rate of second rounders is a coin flip 50/50
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Yeah there are certain ways you can look at it. But Revis wants 15 mil year.

I'd pass. Not everyone recovers te same after ACL tears and playing cb you do more cuts and turning of the body and more cutting with your knee and legs.

I think the risk is too high. You have to look at the injury contract situation and whether or not you'll get the same player. Playing cb puts him at further risk for re-injury. You really have to look at what e wants. He held out and get 12 million a year.

15 is steep. Especially when guys like lavonte David mike Williams and Doug Martin will be due for extensions I the ext 2 years.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
One more thing... You can't tell me giving up a 2nd for Revis is a bad deal 4 years ago we gave up a 2nd for K2. The Browns had three picks in second round that year. All are busts. The success rate of second rounders is a coin flip 50/50
2nd round pick for a guy making 15 mil a year coming off a serious injury? I don't think anybody would hand out that deal.

Me personally getting Revis does nothing to help the fact improve our pass rush which is bottom 5.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

They have the top 8 Jets players next year salaries on NFLnetwork right now, with the new GM taking. Revis isn't on the list... He's making 6 million next year.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They have the top 8 Jets players next year salaries on NFLnetwork right now, with the new GM taking. Revis isn't on the list... He's making 6 million next year.
Listen to his demands. They're up their. He would have been a contract hold out and his camp wants to be paid as not only best cb in the league but top oversleep players.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

If Desmond Trufant runs any where around a 4.35 / 4.4 where do you guys think he goes?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If Desmond Trufant runs any where around a 4.35 / 4.4 where do you guys think he goes?
Don't think he'll run 4.3. I'd say more of a 4.45 which is good. He's got very fluid hips and very physical at the Los. He could teeter late 1st early 2nd.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

You guys are going to kill me for this one. I want Johnathan Jenkins in the second round. Hear me out. Kind of want a Williams Wall like they had in Minny. Also we wouldn't have to drop 8 in the box if we can handle the run game with the front 7
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You guys are going to kill me for this one. I want Johnathan Jenkins in the second round. Hear me out. Kind of want a Williams Wall like they had in Minny. Also we wouldn't have to drop 8 in the box if we can handle the run game with the front 7
The problem with that is the nfl is different today. Jenkins is a 3-4 guy that teams expect to play the nose and eat up blockers. In a 4-3 hes useless because he;ll consistently be rotated.

If you want a big guy next to McCoy, Jonathin Hankins in round 1. 6'3 325 lbs. Hes got a pure blend of power and burst and very good at obtaining blockers and getting to the QB.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Guys who I think we should be targeting in the first round:

- Jonathon Hankins DT Ohio State
- Dee Milliner CB Alabama (If he's there. )
- TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame (Trade down Option)
- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri (like him, but I hear work ethic/character issues were there at Missouri)
- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State(Trade down option. He's the typical CB that fits what Schiano wants)
- Zach Ertz TE Stanford (Trade Down Option)
-Alex Okafore DE Texas (Trade Down Option)
Old 01-26-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man Ziggy may have looked stiff during practice this week but he is exploding off the screen during this game. He looks like a totally different player, making a living in the backfield, and looks unblockable. Great power and explosion.

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Man the more I think about it the more I am starting to like the idea of trading for Reivis but only under the following conditions:

1.Dr James Andrews gives him the Ok.
2.He admits interest in resigning with us.(Which may be quite difficult with him stating he wants to retire a Jet.)
3.At the most we give up 2 3rd round draft picks, similar to the Bears-Dolphins trade but not using 2nd rounders b/c of the injury.
4.We cut Eric Wright.

I know it may be difficult for these circumstances but as long as we don't over value because there is a lot of risk in a player coming back from a torn ACL. Not so much as the player playing again but being elite after the injury. I don't want to make a trade for the guy we give up money and draft picks and it turns into the Eagles and Nnamdi Asomugha situation.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
Man the more I think about it the more I am starting to like the idea of trading for Reivis but only under the following conditions:

1.Dr James Andrews gives him the Ok.
2.He admits interest in resigning with us.(Which may be quite difficult with him stating he wants to retire a Jet.)
3.At the most we give up 2 3rd round draft picks, similar to the Bears-Dolphins trade but not using 2nd rounders b/c of the injury.
4.We cut Eric Wright.

I know it may be difficult for these circumstances but as long as we don't over value because there is a lot of risk in a player coming back from a torn ACL. Not so much as the player playing again but being elite after the injury. I don't want to make a trade for the guy we give up money and draft picks and it turns into the Eagles and Nnamdi Asomugha situation.

Those are pretty steep circumstances.

1st: You mentioned, he needs to be 100% healthy and back to his stud self.

2nd: He needs to want to come to Tampa.

3rd: He needs to sign the deal/agree to the long term deal before any trade is completed.

4th: The price needs to be right. No way would I give a CB 16 million a year. That's ludacris. CB aren't that high valued. A dominate Dline can mask your average secondary (Look at San Fransisco, their secondary is solid, their front 7 is dominate).

I for one, don't think Revis wants to go to Tampa nor will he re-sign here. Dom values draft picks and most likely won't pay a 1st, 2nd and 4th/5th, which seems to be the asking price, along with 16 million a year that will come with the Darell Revis, who's a pre-Madonna CB coming off a serious knee injury.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

The reports are saying maybe Cro might get traded. Now this I would do for a 2nd rounder. He's locked in to a 10 million a year contract, only 28 years old, also has great speed so even when he starts to slow down will still be playable and last but not least he played this year as a number 1 CB and was damn good at it. Plus has size to match up with the Jones, Whites and Colston's of the NFC south. Plays with swag which this team could use a little of. I would so trade for him then do my best to trade down try and get a 2nd rounder back or a 3rd to stay on track with the young talent. Now that would be working the draft and playing your cards right
Old 01-27-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Schiano a fan of physical CB's? Cromartie is not physical.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Isn't Schiano a fan of physical CB's? Cromartie is not physical.
I understand what Schiano likes. Cro might not be the most physical but he's gotten better. And as the 2nd worst pass D ever, I think coach would mind a guy like Cro who can to step for step with the best of them.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand what Schiano likes. Cro might not be the most physical but he's gotten better. And as the 2nd worst pass D ever, I think coach would mind a guy like Cro who can to step for step with the best of them.
I agree that he would improve our team, but my question is, wouldn't Schiano be more likely to go after another CB than one of the least physical CB's in the league (for better or worse).

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote