Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions draft:

Don't like Mingo at #5. If they're going to reach, I'd rather it be for Milliner, otherwise trade down. Obviously taking Milliner could impact the 2nd round pick of Banks, although I can think of worse things than coming out of the draft with two CBs to build on moving forward.

Denard Robinson in the 3rd is a big no-no. Lions are absolutely not ina position to draft a project that high. Schwenke and Wheaton would be solid value and need.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Except for the third round Texans pick, I love this draft for the boys and texans

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:45 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love the Bills picks. Covers all our needs with ILB/QB/Solid WR to put across stevie ....although I would prefer Da'rick Rogers over Harper.

but....

Am I assuming we got Indy's 2014 1st rnd pick? because we trade down to 24 and didnt get their 2nd or 3rd rnd pick?

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Terrible Chiefs 1st round pick.

For the Packers:

Datone Jones - No thank you. The majority of the time we play with 2 DL meaning Jones would be playing DT and he's too small. Plus we have Worthy, Wilson, Neal and Daniels. Not a need, slight reach and doesn't fit.

Bernard - Good value, I like him and fits a need.

Kelce - Same as Bernard.

Swearinger - Okay, but I see him as more of a SS which isn't really what we need.
Since they let Cullen Jenkins walk, the Packers lack an athletic attacking DE, which thanks to Watt, is the rage now. Worthy was meant to replace him but I haven't heard anything special about him as a rookie. 5tech is what Jones played at Cal-he's undersized but he defensed the run pretty well. His main job on the Packers would be to generate pressure. Almost all their other guys are short, squat types who struggle creating any pass pressure and will be UFA after next season. On Swearinger - I think he started out as a CB and still lines up as a CB in certain situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Te'o is a great pick for the Ravens in the first round. Woods is pretty good in the second round too but I'm not sure there's much room for him (or any WR) if both Boldin and Jones are kept on the team. That's a tough board for Baltimore though.

The third round pick is pretty much the only one I have a problem with. After taking Thompson last season they shouldn't be looking for another developmental safety. With as big of a need as the pass-rush will be and with Carradine and Jenkins still on the board one of those guys should easily be the pick. I would much prefer Amerson if you''re stuck on projecting a safety for the Ravens too. Mills is meh in the fourth round but it's not bad.
Boldin has carried the offense at times in the playoffs but he's got one more season under contract and is slowing down. Getting a sure talent in this draft to take his place in a season seems like a good move. S vs a couple DEs coming off injuries who may or may not project to 34 OLBs? Idk. Wilcox is getting quite a bit of love from NFLN's Mayock and Charles Davis after spending just one year at S-pretty high praise.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Boldin has carried the offense at times in the playoffs but he's got one more season under contract and is slowing down. Getting a sure talent in this draft to take his place in a season seems like a good move. S vs a couple DEs coming off injuries who may or may not project to 34 OLBs? Idk. Wilcox is getting quite a bit of love from NFLN's Mayock and Charles Davis after spending just one year at S-pretty high praise.
I think Boldin is getting an extension after this season. It would give the Ravens some cap relief and I'm pretty sure they want to keep him around.

That's fine if they don't eventually fit at 3-4 OLB, Baltimore has been running a lot more 4-man lines (especially in pass-rushing situations). It's going to be the biggest need on the team after Kruger signs somewhere else in free agency and it absolutely needs to be addressed whenever and however it can in the draft since Baltimore isn't going to be a free agency player at all.

My point still stands with Wilcox though. They don't need another project safety, which is exactly what he is regardless of what praise he's getting from Mayock and Davis.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
maverick85
Rookie

maverick85 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love the trade down for Buffalo but i hate the Barkley pick. He struggles to throw the deep ball and in Buffalo in the winter thats a huge downside. I feel like they would be drafting a younger version of Fitz. Switch that pick to Glennon and the 3rd rounder to Da'rick Rodgers and i would love this draft
maverick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Dallas moved to the 4-3 and will have a gaping hole at DE opposite Ware. If Ansah is available why in the world would they pass on him for an Antonio Garay type of player?

Rest of the draft for Dallas looks good.
It looks promising that they'll resign Spencer but...think they'd pass on Mingo?

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Seattle

Great draft. Ogeltree can replace Leroy Hill who they've been trying to dump every time he screws up in the offseason. Aboushi can maybe play on the right side and even kick inside in a pinch. Goodman and Hankins certainly add depth to the D-line.

Interesting to see Geno Smith do the Brady Quinn fall there. I'm not sure you're not onto something.
Updated and swapped out Goodman for Hunt. Aboushi's stock is terrible after last week.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since they let Cullen Jenkins walk, the Packers lack an athletic attacking DE, which thanks to Watt, is the rage now. Worthy was meant to replace him but I haven't heard anything special about him as a rookie. 5tech is what Jones played at Cal-he's undersized but he defensed the run pretty well. His main job on the Packers would be to generate pressure. Almost all their other guys are short, squat types who struggle creating any pass pressure and will be UFA after next season. On Swearinger - I think he started out as a CB and still lines up as a CB in certain situations.
Well unless he gains 15 lbs he isn't a fit in our defense, but whatever.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Uh, Arizona is not trading away a LT. They take Fisher if he's there. They are about the most desperate team for an OT I've ever seen.
More desperate for a QB. Why not throw some FA money at a starting LT, try for a franchise QB with their first pick and force a team to give up picks for Fisher.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This is pretty much the worst scenario for the Chiefs I've ever seen in a mock. Instead of the best QB in the draft we end up with another top 5 DLineman and Nick Foles? Christ, I don't know if I could legitimately handle that as a Chiefs fan. It would be more of the same garbage we've done for three decades.

Just not a good Chiefs mock my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
What he said
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Robey is from USC.

And as much as I would like this draft. KC ain't gonna give up a 2nd for Nick Foles.
2nd year Nick Foles with 7 starts is about as good as any QB KC could draft this year.

2nd seems high and it's fun to knock him but but Foles played very well and there's no way to tell what he might be. Drafted 3rd then traded for a 3rd, after what was a pretty promising start to his career, at the game's most important position, seems like too great of a bargain for Reid.

And really, I like this fit for Star. He makes a more natural 34 5 tech then 34 NT.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 01-27-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 View Post
Bears would take Ogletree in the 1st and Dallas Thomas in the 4th
Oh is that right? Damn, fortune teller....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Some of these NFL comparisons are just ridiculous.
Which ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
As for my Titans draft:

1) Richardson - I am not as big on him as others, but with who is left on the board at the time of our selection I would be forced to take either him or Milliner.

2) David Quessenberry - I'd be really upset with this selection. I like Quess but there's guys with more talent still left on the board, passing on Jones who can play either Guard or Center would be a bad move. He's more of a 3rd or 4th rounder to me.

3) Jonathan Cyprien - Another player I'd be upset with, he's moved up the boards but I think he's still too high.

4) Jonathan Franklin - We have bigger needs than a RB like Franklin.

It looks like you put a little too much emphasis on the Shrine game and Senior Bowl practices...
Idk about Quess. He's got some Jared Veldheer to him. I guess they had him at OG,OT and C during senior practices. Didn't know much about him until the practices but he dominated the 1 on 1s and looked especially quick getting to his man in the game. A little underpowered but that's expected. He reminds me of Mitchell Schwartz, in that he was regarded as a 3-4th rounder until Mobile, then ended up a solid 2nd round pick.

As far as emphasis on the post season practices...meh.. course the majority of first couple rounds still going to the juniors. I'm basing some of the movement on what it's been like the past couple seasons and who flashed and where they went-what's been said..so forth. good point though..and to your point I'll check more on Quess/Cyprien during their season when I get the opportunity.

EDIT checked more on Quessenbery and he struggles a bit more with power then you'd like. Having him taken over Jones/Frederick was too much.

9. Tennessee Titans – Barrett Jones /OC-OG/ Alabama:

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 01-28-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
New Jersey Jets? Ouch. lol.

As for picks...

Round 1: I love Warmack but he's not top 10 good....if we traded down a little bit, he hit the spot but I don't think we can afford to grab a guard to high up there no matter how good he might be. Likewise the WCO offense doesn't need a high guard picked to work, you can find plug in guards. I think Geno Smith would be a Jet...he's the type of QB Morhinweg would like.

Round 2: You know my feelings on Bray....I just don't like it. Don't think he's the right QB to succeed in NY. Good arm but what else does he bring to the table outside of confidence?

I guess if it means anything...better Bray than Glennon.

Round 3: I guess that's okay...I don't know enough about him and if he can work as a 3-4 OLB but we need OLB badly so I am fine with it.

Round 4: At this point, with no running back, tight end or safety taken....taking a WR just doesn't work for me. Greene is gone most likely, Keller is gone most likely, Landry might have priced himself out and Bell who knows....we need something in regards to one of those 3 spots here.

Can't say I'd be happy with this Jets draft.
Thing is, Idzik is not a football guy. They couldn't get a top football guy to come in (as yet) and work with Rex for a year. Whoever is making the decisions on scouting and big board may not be terribly experienced. Warmack's a near can't miss. He fits Rex's scheme and it's a position of need.

But what else do you need in NYC but a big gun and confidence;/ I think Rex would love Bray's style-fans too, but if the decision is Idzik's, maby considering the possibility of Rex not even coaching in 14', then maby not. Agreed about a WR, just thought Hamilton was a steal in the 4th.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would have loved John Jenkins in the 3rd for the 49ers but well done.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More desperate for a QB. Why not throw some FA money at a starting LT, try for a franchise QB with their first pick and force a team to give up picks for Fisher.
Go QB then, but you don't trade down if you have your eyes on a franchise QB.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Go QB then, but you don't trade down if you have your eyes on a franchise QB.
Unless you can get him a few spots later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Would have loved John Jenkins in the 3rd for the 49ers but well done.
thanks. I really don't like Jenkins from what I've seen. Bad tape doesn't matter as much with guys like him apparently-"planet theory" thing. Read something recently that while he stepped up his effort in day 2 and 3 of practices, he didn't translate it to Sat game.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 01-28-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
During the Mountaineers 5 game losing streak (in which Smith's confidence comes in to question here) Smith completed 139-231 passes (60%) for 1,365 yards with 12 TD's and 5 INT's. In 3 of those losses, Smith threw 50+ passes. In only one of his wins did he throw 50+ passes. WVU's defense was pretty much all-time bad.

As for the 49ers: that's a pretty good mock for us. Love getting Rogers in the 4th round.
I've not really looked at Smith stats. I'm sure you know they don't tell the whole story. I watched most of their games this season and if you compare his play from mid season on to how he played early in the year, he looked like a different guy. I'm attributing it to confidence because in those later games he just wasn't making the same throws he was regularly making earlier, whether he had time or not. You're saying that the pressure to score points in droves eventually wore on him? I suppose that's possible. Here's part of a different take that brings up another valid issue imo..
Quote:
In almost all his games where he didn't put up big numbers it was because the defense was putting consistent pressure on him. They weren't sacking him every time, but just the fact that they were getting there consistently would completely change Geno's game. All of the sudden he becomes inaccurate, he starts missing these throws he would normally make.

Even when sometimes he has time in these games it seems that once he's shaken up he struggles to get past it and he just can't throw with the same ability he does in games where he really has it going. This makes him sound completely terrible when rattled-he's not that bad if you look at the #'s, and he still seems to stay quite poised in the pocket, but it is a big negative I have found and it just seems to shake him up for the whole game, thus he can't put up the big #'s he needs to come back in games where they need the passing game to do the work.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgd View Post
Would be quite happy with any of these guys, however why do you have us picking back to back receivers? Makes absolutely no sense to me. At least one of the first two picks should be an offensive lineman/defensive tackle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Did you forget our first round pick when you chose our second? I'm a big fan of Patterson, and if we decide to not go OL/DT first round, he'd be my primary option. But if we take him, we can't take Patton. I'm a fan of Patton as well, but we simply have to address our trench problem.
Panthers' talent outside of Smith, who's def in decline, is not good. Olsen is overrated imo. Patterson is a huge talent but he's also a project that might take some time-or at least you might not want to rush him. Patton, though, is better then anyone they have outside of Smitty. Adding weapons on offense takes some of that monumental pressure off of Cam. I'd imagine his development is still the top priority for the entire organization. OL/DL then becomes day 3 need.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4. Oakland Raiders – Kiko Alonso /LB/ Oregon :
If he can convince teams his off field antics are entirely behind him, he could go here or higher with his talent.
McKenzie doesn't appear to do off the field troubles. He likes choir boys.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mingo is on the board at #15, it makes little sense for the Saints to trade down.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

So Eagles never draft a safety and don't get a CB till round 4?
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
the guys i would pick for the saints given the specific bigboard:

1(20): Kenny Vaccaro is flat out a higher rated prospect than Elam, im fine with either though.

3(13): John Jenkins as the saints need a NT more than anything else on the DLine.

4(12): David Amerson over Mathieu for sure, saints need corners with starting potential, have no use for a slot guy/special teams dude, enough of those but we have nobody who can play the outside, gamble on the guy with the higher upside

4(20): Chase Thomas would start instantly for the saints, not a clue why he is still on the board but i wouldnt even mind spending a third rounder on him. If you made a mistake and just forgot him you can slot him in with the third rounder and spend this pick on Brandon Williams
EDIT 1 - 20. TRADE New Orleans Saints (CHI) - Kenny Vaccaro /S/ Texas:
3 - 13. New Orleans Saints John Jenkins /NT/ Georgia:

Mathieu > Amerson easily. I've got Thomas as a 5th rounder. Right now, I'm not sure I like him better then Meshak Williams and Stansly Maponga.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
Lions draft:

Don't like Mingo at #5. If they're going to reach, I'd rather it be for Milliner, otherwise trade down. Obviously taking Milliner could impact the 2nd round pick of Banks, although I can think of worse things than coming out of the draft with two CBs to build on moving forward.

Denard Robinson in the 3rd is a big no-no. Lions are absolutely not ina position to draft a project that high. Schwenke and Wheaton would be solid value and need.
Updated to Ansah at #5. Different kind of reach; At least Ansah's assured of being a solid run defender. I'm projecting Robinson as more a RB then WR. I think he could be something like a Darren Sproles-Percy Harvin. Anxious to see how he officially tests at the combine but I like your other choices too.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.