Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big difference between the zone read and the wildcat is that in the zone read you dont have to take the qb out from under center, so you can run it at any time. The threat of it is always there. I think people have been overreacting to rg3's collapse on the national playoff stage. As a fan, i hope that every season these qbs develop as passers they will rely on the zone read less as their passing improves. That will make their running ability even more dangerous.

Colin Kaepernick is starting in the superbowl. The nfc west is one of the strongest divisions in football. The nfl has changed so much since before last season.
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I still have yet to be sold on the mobile QB revolutionizing the position notion that alot of people say is going to happen. I don't want to key in on the whole "they just get injured quicker" argument because I think that can be avoidable if they just get it through their damn heads to slide or get out of bounds.

I think my reservations are until I see it work like a pure passer pocket QB like Brees, Manning etc.. I will stick to what has worked for long stretches of time (if I were making said decision of course haha). Vick had a crazy good year with the Eagles a couple years ago but I can't see him doing that again. Cam came on strong at the end of last year, his only concern is keeping his head up when things aren't going well- I think his head is in the right place but he needs to mature. RG3 got run into the ground his first season, and I blame alot of that on the coaching staff for allowing that to happen. Wilson played alot better than I expected him to, and looked good in the post season, sea hawks fans have to be happy about that. And Kap just took his team to the SB while coming in half way through the season, but much of his success is coming out of the option/pistol formations, and its really stunning to me that DC's are getting so stumped by it when the basics for stopping those plays are relatively high school fundamentals (this maybe more or a critique on RG3 then Kap now that I think of it, applies to both at least). Either way I think this 9er team is going to be very scary so long as Kap doesn't come crashing back down to earth after this season.

And having said all that, I'd still want a pure pocket passer like Luck if I were starting a team. I know all of the arguments I can make about him have been done to death in that rookie of the year thread but seriously its so rare to see a rookie get the book thrown at him to run such a sophisticated system and perform at such a high level.

I guess I'll get back to my point here, really until I start seeing that dual threat QBs can stay as effective for extended periods of time and have success in the league, I'll stick with the pocket passers. I have a feeling that RG3's option offense and Kaps pistol will be figured out over time just as alot of people have stated the wild cat was. For me to take these guys, these systems are going to need to prove to have long term success, so i guess time will tell.
This. And as someone else posted on here before what do you do with 2 minutes left and your team has to drive the field? It will most likely take away their running ability. Can they still throw to win?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
This. And as someone else posted on here before what do you do with 2 minutes left and your team has to drive the field? It will most likely take away their running ability. Can they still throw to win?
We've already seen Russell Wilson do this multiple times, so he can. He's not an option-only QB. He's a good pocket passer who happens to be able to run.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more of Mike Smith I hear mic'd up the more he sounds nervous all the time. He never seems sure of himself, always ends up stumbling trying to use some old cliche football line, and he never sounds confident. Just in listening to him talk to Matt Ryan for example, he sounded like a young 13 year old kid who had no idea what to say to motivate anybody.

I know that's not all to coaching, but I've never heard a coach sound so awkward before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind that a QB can run like RG3, but I want a QB who uses that running when pass options break down or protection does.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The more of Mike Smith I hear mic'd up the more he sounds nervous all the time. He never seems sure of himself, always ends up stumbling trying to use some old cliche football line, and he never sounds confident. Just in listening to him talk to Matt Ryan for example, he sounded like a young 13 year old kid who had no idea what to say to motivate anybody.

I know that's not all to coaching, but I've never heard a coach sound so awkward before.
Well dude is a prick, doesn't surprise me he doesn't know how to deal with people in a way that motivates them.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't mind that a QB can run like RG3, but I want a QB who uses that running when pass options break down or protection does.
I want a QB that uses running without getting himself killed. RG3 may never play a 16 game season if he doesn't wise up and start playing smarter.

I understand the competitive nature to want to get those extra yards (especially when one missed tackle could be a touchdown), but any yards on 1 broken tackle can at best be 1 touchdown. If he misses 1 game, he could cost his team numerous scores and even that game.

Those kinds of guys need to realize that the best way for their team to win is to take what is given and not try for more. This isn't a Super Bowl game where an injury has time to heal before the next game. We're talking about regular season games.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want a running QB, I'd much rather have a mobile QB. As long he can move around and work the pocket and maybe pick up a few yards when there's absolutely nothing there but taking a slide after 5 or 6 yards...then what more could you want? So basically....Luck plz.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I wouldn't want a running QB, I'd much rather have a mobile QB. As long he can move around and work the pocket and maybe pick up a few yards when there's absolutely nothing there but taking a slide after 5 or 6 yards...then what more could you want? So basically....Luck plz.
Wilson is just a mobile QB, so is RG3, so is Cam Newton. When you say running QB is makes it sounds as if those guys can't throw the football. All of them are just as capable as throwing the football where it needs to be as Luck. All of those guys can stand in the pocket and make the throws they need to make.

I wouldn't say the reason people would take Luck over all of them is that the other guys are running QB's, it's cause people don't know if they actually can win a game from the pocket. But them understanding a defense, standing in the pocket and making a throw hasn't got anything to do with them being able to run.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
No Steve Young for you?

No Elway?

Its like guys with strong arms, they rely on the arm more than their brain. They think they can fit it in any window. Same with some mobile qbs, they rely on it more than their brain, cause it gets the yards. Some figure it out and some don't, jury is still out on these young guys.

Some of these guys aren't like MV7, where they 1 read and take off, some go through the progression and take what is there. sometimes they break off a nice one, sometimes not. In a few cases they are forced to run by design of the play. You don't see anyone calling read options for Luck do you?

Also I guess you are a no for Johnny Football to the radiers? aha
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...143021478.html

Ravens won the annual Madden simulation of the SB game 27-24.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Ok this seriously made me LOL. That was awesome.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you new england for ruining super bowl player intros.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

He seems like a total idiot. I read somewhere that he didn't go for 2 in that Seahawks game because "you don't start looking at the 2 point chart until there's 7 minutes left in the game" First of all, I don't understand what kind of educated person needs a ******* chart to do basic math for them, but coaches refer to this chart as if it's something they actually need to waste their time studying. Second of all, obviously you'd prefer not to go for 2 until late in the game if you're not confident in your ability to convert it, but you also do it when basic logic tells you to do it. Like when the only possible way you can lose in regulation is by the Seahawks scoring TD's on each of their final 3 possessions.

The Harbaughs, OTOH, are really good at making those types of decisions. Clearly they've played a lot of Madden.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what, screw every who says they are sick of the coverage of Ray Lewis and the Harbaugh brothers. He is an NFL legend playing in his last game in a superbowl. He is one of the faces of the league as a whole and personifies a team to its core. And 2 brothers coaching in a superbowl is unique. It is a rare thing and it is special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm sick of ray lewis crying about everything and anything...what an attention *****.

Harbaugh bros bowl is pretty cool.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
i'm sick of ray lewis crying about everything and anything...what an attention *****.
Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit? And he is playing his last game at the Super Bowl in Detroit?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit? And he is playing his last game at the Super Bowl in Detroit?
yeah I was sick of that as well. Fatty got lucky Deuce went down with an injury or else he would be back to having more TD than yards.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Tony Romo has one last year left on his contract. Plans are to sign him to an offseason extension before next season apparently. I wonder if Tony Romo might want to take his chances elsewhere other than Dallas. The management there has been terrible for years with Jerry Jones running the show and it just seems like that team will never ever win. He'd still garner big money from another quarterback-starved city like maybe Cleveland or Jacksonville depending on what those two clubs do for 2013 and after that season is over.

Obviously this is a long ways away, and it's probably smart for Romo not to play on the last year of his deal without securing something, but I just wonder if he wants to leave. Maybe his family is already set up good there though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dudes Iupati and Staley

Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So Tony Romo has one last year left on his contract. Plans are to sign him to an offseason extension before next season apparently. I wonder if Tony Romo might want to take his chances elsewhere other than Dallas. The management there has been terrible for years with Jerry Jones running the show and it just seems like that team will never ever win. He'd still garner big money from another quarterback-starved city like maybe Cleveland or Jacksonville depending on what those two clubs do for 2013 and after that season is over.

Obviously this is a long ways away, and it's probably smart for Romo not to play on the last year of his deal without securing something, but I just wonder if he wants to leave. Maybe his family is already set up good there though.
I think Jerry Jones the GM gets a bad rep. He's put together a very talented roster.

The problem in Dallas is bc Jerry Jones is so deeply involved in football operations, the players have a lack of respect for their coaching staff bc they know the real boss is Jerry. That dynamic is the problem in Dallas, not the talent.

But yeah, Dallas is a mess bc of it. But Tony needs to stop with the excuses. He has nobody to blame but himself for his shortcomings. His lack of leadership and big game moxy is why Dallas constantly underachieves.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Harbaugh bros bowl is pretty cool.
I agree. But can you imagine what media day will be like today when the Haubaughs are at the podium? It will go something like this:

You may now ask Coach John Harbaugh questions.

Question 1
What will it be like coaching against your brother in the Super Bowl?

Question 2
Do you have good or bad feelings about coaching against your brother in the Super Bowl?

Question 3
Did you know that you are coaching against your brother in the Super Bowl?

Question 4
Did you know that two brothers coaching against each other in the Super Bowl has never happened before?

Question 5
How long have the two of you been brothers? (Asked by the same guy who asked Doug Williams how long he has been a black quarterback)

Questions 6 to 47
More questions about the opposing coach being his brother.

You may now ask Coach Jim Harbaugh questions.

See Questions 1 to 47 of John Harbaugh's press conference.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

Cant Wait!!!!