Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now on the subject of the forums. I decided to make this a separate post because it's really a separate issues. But the main thing I think a lot of people here either don't realize or don't care about - it's EXTREMELY expensive to maintain a free, public forum of this size. Having the dedicated userbase and ability to get feedback on your content was probably invaluable for Scott as he was building his brand but now it's just a gigantic burden. And now you have new media like twitter and podcasts where you can still get that direct interaction without having to shoulder the burden...

I would be happy with what is provided. Honestly, there aren't many good generic football forums out there. With the exception of one other site I can think of, pretty much everywhere else you can get this type of discussion is either a team specific board or a shoot-off section of a site that isn't even about sports. It is (or at least was) a pretty special community with some good people to chat and argue with. And this is coming from someone who pretty much solely engages on the draft, NFL and college boards. I got a couple other places that pull my social chat interests but those of you who developed relationships in the OT forum that's a pretty sweet perk you owe to the site.

Yea it sucks a bit that with each passing year it seems like we're getting further from the community of years ago but I don't know how much the front site has to do with that. Part of it is just that the discussion is going to be fragmented now that there are more and more draft sites out there every year. Not really much Scott can do about that.