Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
...said everyone about Mike Williams before the 2010 season.

I think JaFatass is a mental midget. I've been more consistent in that opinion that just about anyone. I've been screaming it from the rooftops since prior to the 07 draft.

But there are so many overreactions here.

Bringing in busts or supposed has-beens who've stunk it up in other cities for the smallest amount of money possible in the offseason to try out/compete for a job is very smart football. It's a zero-risk proposition that has a chance of paying off to an unknown degree...sometimes you get nothing, sometimes you get a guy who is a good part of a rotation, sometimes you get one year of good play, sometimes you hit the jackpot and get multiple Pro Bowls.

Marshawn Lynch? Kurt Warner? Reggie Bush? Tim Jennings? Amobi Okoye? Brett Favre? Jason Babin? Kevin Curtis? Bryant McKinnie? Michael Vick? Rich Gannon? Jonathan Goodwin? Aaron Maybin? Evan Mathis?

We can name guys who looked like washed-up retreads or giant busts that ended up contributing to some degree all day.

This isn't a press release about the Jets signing Russell and declaring him the starter. This is an anonymous source saying that they've talked about him. 31 other teams have undoubtedly talked about him, too...it's just that no one has mentioned them.
This x1000.

It's like someone giving you stock in a company that was once worth a ton, for dirt. Anything you can get out of it is a net gain, and if you don't, you're just out of a little dirt. If he shows he is in shape, there's no reason not to give him a shot. He had a ridiculous amount of talent, and maybe just maybe he will learn that his best bet is to stay in shape and keep his bad influences out of his life.

Again, there's nothing to lose by letting him go to camp with you. I'd roll the dice, they may strike the lottery and get the guy he was supposed to be coming out of LSU.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't be worse than Sancheez.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather sign JaWalrus to a try-out than pay Flacco $20 million a year.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really surprised people on here are suggesting that being open to signing this guy wouldn't be a mistake. And if by talking about him, you meant owners and GMs in passing posed something like "hey did you hear Jamarcus Russell is trying to make a come back?"

"lol"

Then I totally agree that all teams have at least talked about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still get a good kick out of handing him 30 million dollars guaranteed before he even steps onto the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it 4/1 yet?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I guess "eating" would be considered a "natural talent".

Enjoy your wait for that, sir.
I wouldn't wait for it to happen. I'm just saying it's a zero risk move. It's not like people will rally around him if he's sitting on his butt. The only thing you lose out on is that camp arm you were going to cut anyways.

Can you put him on IR for being fat?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is harm in this, the harm being that he takes a spot at training camp that any back up, CFL QB could possibly be competing for on your team, that gives your team a 100% better chance of making the roster than Russell ever would. Why are we even having this conversation? The dude couldnt put it together fresh out of college where he was *relatively* in shape, now that hes been out of the league for a few years hes going to put it together enough to compete for a starting job?

I mean everyone gets on the Browns for drafting Weedon at age 28, but were going to say its smart football to get one of the biggest busts of all time who was notoriously lazy, at the same age for coming back from a three year hiatus? I think I would stick with sanchez before letting this guy on my team.

Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 01-29-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
And where is Mike Williams now? Made himself a little party money and fell off again. Returned to his default setting, per my previous point.
He performed well for a year for the minimum. He signed an extension that he only saw 1.75 million of because it was backloaded and had ****-all for guaranteed money. I think the Seahawks are ok with that. That's a success story and smart business. They got something for nothing.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
There is harm in this, the harm being that he takes a spot at training camp that any back up, CFL QB could possibly be competing for on your team, that gives your team a 100% better chance of making the roster than Russell ever would. Why are we even having this conversation? The dude couldnt put it together fresh out of college where he was *relatively* in shape, now that hes been out of the league for a few years hes going to put it together enough to compete for a starting job?

I mean everyone gets on the Browns for drafting Weedon at age 28, but were going to say its smart football to get one of the biggest busts of all time who was notoriously lazy, at the same age for coming back from a three year hiatus? I think I would stick with sanchez before letting this guy on my team.
Brandon Weeden cost a first round pick. JaMarcus Russell is free. He takes the roster spot of your fifth QB; a camp arm. He's one of 80 players. He's taking the roster spot of some schmuck from Southeastern Central Arkansas Methodist Biblical Academy with a noodle arm and glasses...a guy who's going to be selling insurance in his dad's office when the season starts.

Explain the risk inherent with doing this again?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Brandon Weeden cost a first round pick. JaMarcus Russell is free. He takes the roster spot of your fifth QB; a camp arm. He's one of 80 players. He's taking the roster spot of some schmuck from Southeastern Central Arkansas Methodist Biblical Academy with a noodle arm and glasses...a guy who's going to be selling insurance in his dad's office when the season starts.

Explain the risk inherent with doing this again?
The same exact thing Russell will be doing at the start of next season, the descrepency being that I would gladly take that guy who is giving me his god damn best to make this team than a fat ass who thinks he can just show up and have what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He performed well for a year for the minimum. He signed an extension that he only saw 1.75 million of because it was backloaded and had ****-all for guaranteed money. I think the Seahawks are ok with that. That's a success story and smart business. They got something for nothing.
That led to nothing. Thus, they didn't really get a thing other than teased by a lazy slob.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The same exact thing Russell will be doing at the start of next season, the descrepency being that I would gladly take that guy who is giving me his god damn best to make this team than a fat ass who thinks he can just show up and have what it takes to succeed in the NFL.
Seriously? You'll take someone whom you acknowledge does not even come close to meeting the MINIMUM requirements to being an NFL player over one with some of the greatest tools in recent memory but lacks willpower and drive?

Regardless of how much you coach of Mr. Noodle he'll never even have a shot at making your practice squad. On the flip side if you somehow motivate JaWalrus you could have a starting caliber QB for veteran minimum.

Granted the chances of either player making the roster by the end of camp is pretty much 0% you still would rather pick up an unscratched lottery ticket for a chance of success.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
That led to nothing. Thus, they didn't really get a thing other than teased by a lazy slob.
They got a year of good WR production. For free.

How are you not seeing that that's a good thing?

You hate Mike Williams? Fine. Rich Gannon. Hate on him, O Raider fan.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Seriously? You'll take someone whom you acknowledge does not even come close to meeting the MINIMUM requirements to being an NFL player over one with some of the greatest tools in recent memory but lacks willpower and drive?

Regardless of how much you coach of Mr. Noodle he'll never even have a shot at making your practice squad. On the flip side if you somehow motivate JaWalrus you could have a starting caliber QB for veteran minimum.

Granted the chances of either player making the roster by the end of camp is pretty much 0% you still would rather pick up an unscratched lottery ticket for a chance of success.
Firstly, greatest tools we have ever seen? Because the guy can throw 60 yards sitting down he has the greatest tools in recent memory? Kyle boller had a cannon of an arm too, and actually had a work ethic- how did that work out Ravens fans? Being able to throw 60 yards sitting down, or being hard to bring down (which is a huge misconception about the guy given his size, because he isnt hard to bring down) hasn't helped the Peyton Mannings of the league succeed.

Which brings me to your next point, being motivated doesn't equate to being successful. Reading a defense isn't just a matter of being motivated to do so, it takes intelligence- and no one in their right mind is going sit here and say that Russell has in any way demonstrated the capacity to intelligently pick apart defenses pre and after snap- or that hes possessed any common sense with off field decisions as well.

So yes, I will gladly take the Chad Henne's of the league and all the twnety something yard throws their noodle arm can muster over someone who is notorious for being out of shape (still is), lazy, and just unintelligent. I forgot how much intangibles blind people from rationally evaluating quarterbacks around these parts. Because frankly, the Jets would be the only team to even consider this guy stepping onto the field at the start of training camp, and it isn't because they think he is going to make the roster.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Firstly, greatest tools we have ever seen? Because the guy can throw 60 yards sitting down he has the greatest tools in recent memory? Kyle boller had a cannon of an arm too, and actually had a work ethic- how did that work out Ravens fans? Being able to throw 60 yards sitting down, or being hard to bring down (which is a huge misconception about the guy given his size, because he isnt hard to bring down) hasn't helped the Peyton Mannings of the league succeed.

Which brings me to your next point, being motivated doesn't equate to being successful. Reading a defense isn't just a matter of being motivated to do so, it takes intelligence- and no one in their right mind is going sit here and say that Russell has in any way demonstrated the capacity to intelligently pick apart defenses pre and after snap- or that hes possessed any common sense with off field decisions as well.

So yes, I will gladly take the Chad Henne's of the league and all the twnety something yard throws their noodle arm can muster over someone who is notorious for being out of shape (still is), lazy, and just unintelligent. I forgot how much intangibles blind people from rationally evaluating quarterbacks around these parts. Because frankly, the Jets would be the only team to even consider this guy stepping onto the field at the start of training camp, and it isn't because they think he is going to make the roster.
You're getting ridiculous. Most teams don't have a #2 with Chad Henne's tools. He's not a camp arm. JaMarcus Russell isn't keeping any Chad Hennes on the streets by going to training camp.

Yeah, JaMarcus is stupid...but he has every single physical tool necessary to be an elite QB. It's a 1/1000 shot, but your #5 QB is more like a 1/100000 to be the same thing. Your #5 QB in training camp does not have those skills. Kyle Boller? Bring him on for that, too. Ditto Derek Anderson. Rich Gannon! Vinny Testaverde. Once in a while, one of these guys gets his **** together for one or more seasons. It makes complete sense for him to come in and compete with your undrafted guys from tiny schools you didn't know existed who threw more picks than TDs as a redshirt senior. We don't even know the name of the camp arms unless they're a former bust like this. They're so far out of the picture, even the fluffiest of offseason fluff articles isn't written about them.

Tell me your heart bleeds because Ronnie freaking Fouch is being kept on the streets by a guy who at least has the tools.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-29-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still take him over Brady Quinn...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
You're getting ridiculous. Most teams don't have a #2 with Chad Henne's tools. He's not a camp arm. JaMarcus Russell isn't keeping any Chad Hennes on the streets by going to training camp.

Yeah, JaMarcus is stupid...but he has every single physical tool necessary to be an elite QB. It's a 1/1000 shot, but your #5 QB is more like a 1/100000 to be the same thing. Your #5 QB in training camp does not have those skills. Kyle Boller? Bring him on for that, too. Ditto Derek Anderson. Rich Gannon! Vinny Testaverde. Once in a while, one of these guys gets his **** together for one or more seasons. It makes complete sense for him to come in and compete with your undrafted guys from tiny schools you didn't know existed who threw more picks than TDs as a redshirt senior. We don't even know the name of the camp arms unless they're a former bust like this. They're so far out of the picture, even the fluffiest of offseason fluff articles isn't written about them.
The same chances could be said of any camp arm, the separation of opinions here is that you'll take the proven failure for having intangibles while I'll take the unproven guy who doesn't quite measure up to being able to bomb the ball down field. Hell Alex Smith is getting touted highly around the league and these parts by some - and all that guy did was dink and dunk his way around. Hell even Brady started off by dinking and dunking.

Youre faith in intangibles isn't converting me to your side of the argument. The guys you listed saying, "sure, bring them in", the Bollers, the Andersons were never successful in the league- and those guys HAD motivation and a desire to learn the position.

Russell is just as removed from any real consideration by teams as the no name guys we have no clue about, the only reason this fluff article is published is because A. the guy is the biggest bust of all time, maybe second to Leaf and B. its the ******* media ***** Jets who think its far more vital to the team to make headlines than it is to win football games.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some teams to sign him on the cheap and give him a try (with a short leash) is understandable. But the Jets have been a circus show all year and signing him would only enhance the clusterf*ck that is going on there. They need to seriously think about stability and the QB position there not farking around with moves like this. Why not keep the D and running game intact and go after Alex Smith?
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
The same chances could be said of any camp arm, the separation of opinions here is that you'll take the proven failure for having intangibles while I'll take the unproven guy who doesn't quite measure up to being able to bomb the ball down field. Hell Alex Smith is getting touted highly around the league and these parts by some - and all that guy did was dink and dunk his way around. Hell even Brady started off by dinking and dunking.

Youre faith in intangibles isn't converting me to your side of the argument. The guys you listed saying, "sure, bring them in", the Bollers, the Andersons were never successful in the league- and those guys HAD motivation and a desire to learn the position.

Russell is just as removed from any real consideration by teams as the no name guys we have no clue about, the only reason this fluff article is published is because A. the guy is the biggest bust of all time, maybe second to Leaf and B. its the ******* media ***** Jets who think its far more vital to the team to make headlines than it is to win football games.
Derek Anderson did give a team a good year.

It's not faith in intangibles. It's the opposite of that. It's taking a flyer on tangibles.

Rich Gannon was a proven failure for two teams who had all the tools. For a long time, people said he didn't give a ****. He was given chance after chance to compete for a job....Four straight pro bowls.

Everyone said Kurt Warner was finished after that three season stretch from 02-04. He was old, injury prone, going through the motions, and ready to be put out to pasture by the fans.

There are hundreds of example of this working and there is no risk because you're only taking the spot of someone who doesn't even have the skills necessary to play in the NFL.

Ronnie Fouch, dude. Paul McIntosh. Mike Hartline. Luke Drone. That's who's being kept on the streets. Put this thing in perspective. We're talking about him taking the roster spot from the guy who's like 2 spots behind the Curtis Painters of the world.

Best case scenario? You get an elite QB. Worst case? He shows up still being unmotivated and stupid. You cut him a few days later and bring in anyone else.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-29-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see the risk some of you here see. He's not gonna get the money he was getting in Oakland. If he's truly rededicated himself to his craft and got himself into somewhat good shape, I dont see why not sacrifice a spot that you give to UDFA. Worst case scenario, he comes in still lazy and can't get it done, you waive him and pick someone else up. Best case scenario, he comes in and competes.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought these shenanigans would be over with now that Mike Tannenbaum is gone.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash28Dash34 View Post
I thought these shenanigans would be over with now that Mike Tannenbaum is gone.
Unfortunately, Woody Johnson still owns the team.

I don't even see why this is a big deal. Low risk/high reward (even though there is a 99% there won't be a reward). Who cares.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people forget that in the new CBA the amount of people allowed to come into camp has increased significantly. There are nearly 4 or 5 guys per position comes into camp they are getting rid of Tebow so what I'm doing if I'm the Jets I see what QBs are there at my first round pick if there isn't any I like I draft a mid round option Bray, Manuel, Sorensen and bring in Jamarcus AND Vince Young into camp have them and Greg McElroy battle for that second and third QB spot.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn and Terrelle Pryor made starts this past year. Jordan Palmer, Kellen Moore, and Caleb Hanie were on NFL roster this past year. Yet, people are arguing that JaMarcus Russell shouldn't even get an invitation to a training camp?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote