Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
We don't know how he's going to be now. Like I said, guys coming back that quickly and that good is not the norm. It's happened once.
Jamaal Charles this season? And there are loads of other examples...

Quote:
I don't know how that's a terrible comparison. If anything, it's being generous to you. Mayo is a pro bowl level player. Chancellor is a pro bowl level player. The gap between Gonzalez and Hernandez is probably three times as wide as the one between Browner and a healthy Revis, so...why's it terrible?
Hahahahahahahhahaaha. I'm done.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

Jamaal Charles had a full year to recover.

AP tore it in Dec and was back week 1.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Charles was very inconsistent for the first part of the season. Aside from that game against New Orleans he didn't look fully healthy until about the midway point of the season.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Jamaal Charles had a full year to recover.

AP tore it in Dec and was back week 1.
And Revis has a full year to recover. The fact that Adrian Peterson did it 3 months quicker than Revis has to do it only backs up my point...

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-29-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We don't know how he's going to be now. Like I said, guys coming back that quickly and that good is not the norm. It's happened once.
Have you forgotten Wes Welker already? There are a ton of ACL examples of guys coming back, literally. And Revis isn't going to have to rush his recovery since it happened early. I'm not suggesting by week 1 he's going to be "Revis island" again, but there isn't any evidence to suggest anything other then him returning back to 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A safety that's going to get a big contract after the season and a bad QB? Sounds shady to me. Seahawks don't need another outside corner, anyway.

Bad deal for both sides.
That would be a coup for the Seahawks, are you serious? That is, if Revis' knee holds up.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Name some...because Charles, while good, wasn't as good as he was before the ACL.

Quote:
Tony Gonzalez was the #2 rated TE. Hernandez wasn't even top ten.

Not sure why you're hating on Browner. Being the #9 corner is pretty ******* good, you know. You're acting like he's some scrub.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Name some...because Charles, while good, wasn't as good as he was before the ACL.
Wes Welker (still gets 100 catches every season), Andre Johnson (all-pro this season). I don't have a list in front of me an I don't really pay attention to every player that gets an ACL injury, but it happens. Players come back from these.

Quote:
Tony Gonzalez was the #2 rated TE. Hernandez wasn't even top ten.

Not sure why you're hating on Browner. Being the #9 corner is pretty ******* good, you know. You're acting like he's some scrub.
1) Tony Gonzalez is 36 years old and considering retirement.

2) There is kind of a big difference in the importance of the positions they play.

3) It's Darrelle Revis. A once in a generation player. I'm not hating on Browner, he's a good corner, but he's absolutely nothing compared to Revis. And you said a healthy Revis (it's hurts to even type these words). A HEALTHY REVIS. The difference between a healthy Revis and the 3rd best corner in the league is probably bigger than the difference between Gonzalez and Hernandez. You're looking at the numbers of where they're ranked, but that doesn't mean anything. Look at the actual players. You're seriously underrating just how good Revis.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-29-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You do realize that he set a career high in carries this year, posted a career high 91 yard run, a career high 1509 rushing yards, a career high 7 100 yard games, and two games over 200 yards.

Sorry but there is way more evidence to support this has been his best season as a pro so not sure you can even try to make the argument he wasn't as good as he was before.

Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised so much discussion stemmed from that terrible trade proposal. That isn't really even close to a good deal for Revis. And if you watch a lot of Seahawks games, you'd realize Browner is very overrated. And Chancellor is a serviceable Safety. But Earl Thomas and that pass rush are what make everything go.

I think Charles was great all season. He might have been a bit hesitant until he took some hits, but the knee itself didn't look bad. And it's not really his fault that his coach wasn't running the offense through him. The Chiefs, as one may guess by their draft position, were not very good this year.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wes Welker (still gets 100 catches every season), Andre Johnson (all-pro this season). I don't have a list in front of me an I don't really pay attention to every player that gets an ACL injury, but it happens. Players come back from these.
Ok, I'll give you Welker. Andre did not tear his ACL. He strained a hamstring. I never debated that players came back. I debated that they came back and were just as good right off the bat the way Peterson was, because that's what you said.

Quote:
1) Tony Gonzalez is 36 years old and considering retirement.

2) There is kind of a big difference in the importance of the positions they play.

3) It's Darrelle Revis. A once in a generation player. I'm not hating on Browner, he's a good corner, but he's absolutely nothing compared to Revis. And you said a healthy Revis (it's hurts to even type these words). A HEALTHY REVIS. The difference between a healthy Revis and the 3rd best corner in the league is probably bigger than the difference between Gonzalez and Hernandez. You're looking at the numbers of where they're ranked, but that doesn't mean anything. Look at the actual players. You're seriously underrating just how good Revis.
Jesus, Darrelle Revis is overrated as **** on these boards, and that's tough when you're the best at your position when healthy! He's talked about like an all-time legend who can chop down mountains with his teeth. Being the best corner does not make him once-in-a-generation. Champ Bailey in his prime? Richard Sherman (read this to see that he's essentially the same player when you remove Revis' 2009 outlier that he himself has failed to duplicate)? Darrelle Revis is damned good. He's not legendary...and he's only a corner. He's not impacting the game in the way a JJ Watt or Von Miller can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You do realize that he set a career high in carries this year, posted a career high 91 yard run, a career high 1509 rushing yards, a career high 7 100 yard games, and two games over 200 yards.

Sorry but there is way more evidence to support this has been his best season as a pro so not sure you can even try to make the argument he wasn't as good as he was before.
In those extra carries he got compared to the past, he was not as good.

2009: 5.9 YPC
2010: 6.4 YPC
2011: 6.9 YPC (injury-shortened, tiny sample size)
2012: 5.3 YPC

His coach running him more often doesn't make him as good as he was before. This season, he got 42 more rushing yards than he had in his last full season, but he took 55 more carries to get them. Those extra yards came at less than one yard per carry.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-30-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

In those extra carries he got compared to the past, he was not as good.

2009: 5.9 YPC
2010: 6.4 YPC
2011: 6.9 YPC (injury-shortened, tiny sample size)
2012: 5.3 YPC

His coach running him more often doesn't make him as good as he was before. This season, he got 42 more rushing yards than he had in his last full season, but he took 55 more carries to get them. Those extra yards came at less than one yard per carry.

On what planet do you expect a RB to sustain a 6.0+ YPC for his career? Who does that? How many RB's do you know who approached 300 carries and averaged over 6 yards a pop? Let's not hold him to unrealistic expectations and stick to what you said which is "he wasn't as good as he was before the injury" which is false.

Quote: