Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Where Will Tyler Bray Get Drafted???

He is the only junior QB in the draft, he has a huge arm but as a junior was very inconsistent.
I seriously doubt he declared without a projection from the NFL Advisory Boards and it was likely a 2nd or 3rd round grade.
However, Juniors are given every opportunity to move up especially with a weak QB class in front of him. Tennessee collapsed this past season but in the right atmosphere could this guy really bloom and shock everybody and end up as the #1 QB in this year's draft.

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here but in the back of my mind, I think Bray's upside is far greater than at least Glennon, Wilson, Jones, Manual, Nassib and Dysert. In the end, will he challenge for the 1st round????
Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think so. There are off the field concerns with him too which I think pushes him into the 3rd round myself.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I don't think so. There are off the field concerns with him too which I think pushes him into the 3rd round myself.
All, I'm saying is that as the Senior class of QB's continues to disappoint, Bray may start to look better and better and the position is after all crucial to a team.
I don't know a whole lot about Bray's off field issues and would appreciate it if you filled me in so I can ascertain how serious they were.

He's going to get a strong opportunity to workout and demonstrate his abilities and intangibles and I think a real opportunity has opened up for him, the door may only be slightly adjar but at least it is open after the Senior Bowl performances of his competitors.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interviews will seal the deal for Bray.
Teams will want to see how tightly screwed on Bray's cap is.
If all those tats etc. mean nada character-wise like they do for Kaepernick, if he can show NFL teams that he's stable enough to be the face of a franchise, Bray has a chance to be taken no later than the 2nd.

He has as much potential IMO as any QB in this draft.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone who likes Bray explain to me how he isn't just Glennon with a 10 cent head?

I say this as no big fan of Glennon (don't be confused by the gif) but when I watch Bray, I really don't think he's any better of a player and that's before all the other stuff enters the picture.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a buddy down Tennessee. Said all bray does is drink and smoke weed. Lazy and just doesn't give a ****. Said he met him a few times and just seems like a douche.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll likely be a 3rd-4th rounder
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really feel bad for any fanbase whose team takes him.

He doesn't have it.

And this is coming from a person who was a Bray believer before this past season - That Tenn team was not above average, and yes Dooley sucked as a coach but he took them out of every big game i watched. Throws out of bounds, way off on passes down the field. He flat out sucked to be honest.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 01-29-2013 at 07:50 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take him before some of the dudes getting 1st round consideration. But it would be on two conditions:

1) He sits for two years and only plays during garbage time unless there is injury to the starting QB.

2) I have an offensive coordinator and QB coach that are going to work him extremely hard on his mechanics. Especially in his lower body.

I think his attitude problems are overblown a bit, but that might be just me.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I'd take him before some of the dudes getting 1st round consideration. But it would be on two conditions:

1) He sits for two years and only plays during garbage time unless there is injury to the starting QB.

2) I have an offensive coordinator and QB coach that are going to work him extremely hard on his mechanics. Especially in his lower body.

I think his attitude problems are overblown a bit, but that might be just me.
Reminds me of Mallet two years ago - big strong armed passer with character concerns. Has all the talent of a first rounder but he is going to end up being a 3rd/4th rounder.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I have a buddy down Tennessee. Said all bray does is drink and smoke weed.
If true - and teams will find out if it's true - he won't be drafted.
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
If true - and teams will find out if it's true - he won't be drafted.
If teams didn't draft guys that smoked weed, they'd probably only have a couple of rounds.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Tyler Bray a lot. He reminds me a lot of Ryan Mallett coming out. If I was a Quarterback needy team, I think I'd take a chance on him in the 2nd round.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, with such massive maturity issues, I would kind of be surprised to see him go before the fifth round. Guys like him hardly ever succeed as long-term starters, and I would think teams would lean towards less toxic developmental/backup guys. Guys like Landry Jones, Zac Dysert and E.J. Manuel have close to the same physical talent and far, FAR less potential to cause headaches. I would not be surprised to see him go undrafted. #JevanSneadJr.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a poor man's Mallett at best. I like the Jevan Snead comparison actually. I wouldn't touch him before the 5th.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Interesting if you remember that he is only a junior so his game is still raw with a huge upside compared to Glennon or Mallett. It could also explain his immaturity. I know that his interviews will be crucial for him.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just has no football IQ and no character. I don't think a year changes anything.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ultimately, I think 3rd-4th round. Although, personally, I have no interest in him.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Pot = massive issues?

Mallet did/does blow and he still went in the 3rd. I think Bray goes 3rd.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pot = massive issues?

Yeah but, Mallett >>>>>>> Bray.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pot = massive issues?

Agreed, and I actually like Bray a little more than Mallett. Like I said, I'd have no issues with a team spending a 2nd rounder on him.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yeah but, Mallett >>>>>>> Bray.
True, but Mallett came out in a much stronger QB year. And he paid dearly for that. If he were in this draft, he'd probably be a top 10 pick.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 AM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The idiot that is Michael Lombardi is liable to draft him in the 1st round. This is the same Lombardi who has exactly 1 pro bowler in 20 years of FO experience. The same Lombardi who was adament about Ryan Mallett being a Top 15 play who will go in the top half of the 1st. The same Michael Lombardi that wouldn't let Belichek draft Warren Sapp. The same Lombardi that said Josh Gordon was a wasted draft pick. I can go on and on about his long line of suck. I wish I could be wrong as often as him and right as little as him and still keep a job.

Tyler Bray will be a Brown earlier than expected. Book that
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If teams didn't draft guys that smoked weed, they'd probably only have a couple of rounds.
Theirs a difference between experimenting with it and doing it regularly. The attitude is another concern.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
True, but Mallett came out in a much stronger QB year. And he paid dearly for that. If he were in this draft, he'd probably be a top 10 pick.
Mallet was not as immature as Bray. Scouts said they challenged him in the film room to test his football smarts and came away impressed as they couldn't wear him out. Their were character concerns yes but he went to an excellent situation. Bray is no where near as polished as mallet coming out physically and mentally.