Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad. I should also not bother watching the western conference playoffs, since we should just pencil in Denver vs Minny for WC supremacy.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't really argue that, Brody. Who's been better than Melo this year? LBJ, Durant. Arguably Westbrook. Kobe perhaps. Harden?

forgot CP3, him Durant and LBJ are the clear 3 but other than that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo is probably the 6th right now.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CP3, Durant, LBJ for sure.

Kobe...maybe only bc it's Kobe. But honestly Melo is better this year. Kobe is old though.

I'll take Melo over Harden. Over Westbrook too. He offers more of a mismatch. Harden is just as inefficient and needs the ball in his hands just like Melo. Westbrook is so hot and cold.

If we include big men...damn I just realized the lack of skilled big men in the NBA is kind of sad.

But yeah, he's gotta be top 6. THIS YEAR. I'm not arguing the past. I'm talking about this year.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Healthy DRose is better than Melo, but he's not healthy.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I can't really argue that, Brody. Who's been better than Melo this year? LBJ, Durant. Arguably Westbrook. Kobe perhaps. Harden?

forgot CP3, him Durant and LBJ are the clear 3 but other than that...
Durant, LeBron, CP3, Z-Bo, Duncan, Harden, Paul George, Kobe, so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My bad. I should also not bother watching the western conference playoffs, since we should just pencil in Denver vs Minny for WC supremacy.
Yes, I could have anticipated AK-47 and Pekovic both getting hurt, Rubio coming along much slower than expected from the ACL injury, and Love breaking his hand twice when I said that. That's clearly one of the more predictable things around. And Denver isn't exactly in bad shape here. How are the WEST FAVORITES Lakers doing, though?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CP3, Durant, LBJ for sure.

Kobe...maybe only bc it's Kobe. But honestly Melo is better this year. Kobe is old though.

I'll take Melo over Harden. Over Westbrook too. He offers more of a mismatch. Harden is just as inefficient and needs the ball in his hands just like Melo. Westbrook is so hot and cold.

If we include big men...damn I just realized the lack of skilled big men in the NBA is kind of sad.

But yeah, he's gotta be top 6. THIS YEAR. I'm not arguing the past. I'm talking about this year.
You say Harden is just as inefficient, but he's much better at getting to the line than Melo. He turns the ball over more with the ball in his hands, but he's a better rebounder for his position than Melo and he is considerably better of a creator for others.

That's the problem with Melo. He doesn't have a secondary skill, he's all scoring basically. He's an average at best rebounder/defender for his position at SF, and he's a bad rebounder for a PF. He's not a good passer. And he's not terribly efficient at his main skill.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Yes, I could have anticipated AK-47 and Pekovic both getting hurt, Rubio coming along much slower than expected from the ACL injury, and Love breaking his hand twice when I said that. That's clearly one of the more predictable things around. And Denver isn't exactly in bad shape here. How are the WEST FAVORITES Lakers doing, though?
When you say dumb **** like this, i seriously ask myself if you're just trying to troll the troll or if you really believe it.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

So is Denver still going to the WCF?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snowflake. wat r u doin? Snowflake. Stahp
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
When you say dumb **** like this, i seriously ask myself if you're just trying to troll the troll or if you really believe it.
I don't think much of average efficiency scorers without clear secondary skills.

Quote:
So is Denver still going to the WCF?
I think they have it in them, yes. I also think Memphis would have a good shot if they got rid of Rudy as well, but otherwise, I'd take the Clippers and whoever else steps up. Hell if Kobe keeps playing like he has the last couple of games...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-29-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers are 6-22 when Kobe shoots 20+ times and 13-3 when he shoots under 20 times. With more than a half season worth of games played, this can't be a coincidence, right?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Lakers are 6-22 when Kobe shoots 20+ times and 13-3 when he shoots under 20 times. With more than a half season worth of games played, this can't be a coincidence, right?
Have to factor assists in. When he doesn't shoot 20+ times he's had 12+ assists. Aka when he hasn't shot 20+ times his teammates were effective shooters.

The Lakers cast as a whole shot VERY poorly for a long time. Having Gasol coming off the bench makes them look MUCH better as well.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
You also have to consider the circumstance of those losses. He probably shoots more when he's losing to try to get his team back into contention and shoots less while their winning. That stat doesn't really tell us anything. You can't just slap a stat on like that, there are so many confounding variables.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, I was listening to the radio and ESPN's Tom Haberstroh was the guest. He suggested that the Celtics trade KG to the Timberwolves for Kevin Love.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Drummond has 10 points and 8 rebounds in 8 minutes. I'm gonna bang him, I so am.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Double Double in about 10 minutes. Andre is the next Wilt.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#SnowflakeIn2013
Old 01-29-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Drummond might get a 20/20 tonighttttttt!

and of course Frank takes out Drummond.. Lame.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Drummond might get a 20/20 tonighttttttt!

and of course Frank takes out Drummond.. Lame.
Awesome right as i dropped him in fantasy basketball

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
#SnowflakeIn2013
I'd vote for Duncan before Melo for MVP this year.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'd vote for Duncan before Melo for MVP this year.
Duncan is the only one from the bolded with a case, and i only bolded him too because he was in between the other names and i wasn't gonna take the time to bold Z-Bo, skip Duncan and bold the other two so whatevs. I'd still give it to Melo though.

As for the other names..

Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Way to go Lakers.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ryan Anderson *****
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i'm sure brody puts Z-bo over Bropez.. lawls. ugh. trbl.
Quote: