Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really thought he would've worn his own jersey...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:00 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie, I didn't hate that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oden wants to return next year and Cleveland and Miami are the top two currently in the running.

Good for them too since it'll really fill a kneed.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Drummond might get a 20/20 tonighttttttt!

and of course Frank takes out Drummond.. Lame.
18 and 18 in 28 minutes is quite ridiculous. I get frustrated for you WMD.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Noah is not better than Chandler. And a simple > is not how basketball works. You can have 4 guys that are > but if our 1 superstar is >>>>> then it doesn't matter about the rest of the guys.

The truth is our teams are very close everywhere, except I'm taking Melo over Rose and our overall scoring over your overall defense.

And I'm taking Amare over Boozer. Boozer sucks. At least Amare has an excuse bc of his knees. What's Boozer's excuse?
Melo has nightmares of Jimmy Butler. Butler honestly is the perfect defend for Melo. Has enough strength to keep him out of the post and enough athleticism to contest every shot. I am not scared of Carmelo Anthony in the playoffs.

On the other hand, there is no good match-up for the knicks against Derrick Rose. None.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shumpert couldn't defend him? I would say he is a top 10 perimeter defender in the league, now he was hurt so not sure was so was Rose...

O and btw Felton has guarded shooting guards at times, he isn't a bad defender, he'lldogya.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, neither of those guys have ever done anything defensively against Rose, so there's really no reason to think they would (in a vacuum).

Now, Rose coming off injury is the key as we have yet to see how he can perform. So as of right now, who knows, but in general as a Bulls fan I'm not losing sleep over Shump or Felton guarding Rose.

Also, I'm not worried about Melo. He is going to score probably regardless. But no one else on the Knicks scares me at all. BBD likes to say how the Bulls don't have scorers, but the Knicks don't have anyone that can consistently score or is a threat against a good defense like Melo is. JR Smith is a joke.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Shumpert couldn't defend him? I would say he is a top 10 perimeter defender in the league, now he was hurt so not sure was so was Rose...

O and btw Felton has guarded shooting guards at times, he isn't a bad defender, he'lldogya.
[youtube]rzpJ3MNuSRk[youtube]

I'm obviously being over the top. It's mostly just to back and forth trash talk with BBD.

I don't think Iman Shumpert is a great matchup against Rose, though it is their best option as Derrick has shown he can struggle with length (Paul George, LeBron). Besides when LeBron guards him he still has shown the ability to take over games.

Also, it will be interesting to see what the Knicks decide their closing line-up in the 4th will be. Will they go small with Melo at the 4 or put Amare in at the 4. The issue the see is that when 'Melo goes ISO their only alternative is OReb. He doesn't drive and kick in a way to be scared of the corner three or anything. If I were to guess this is how each team will close out games.

Felton - Shumpert - Novak/Smith/Kidd? - Melo - Chandler

vs.

Rose - Butler - Deng -Taj - Noah

A Knicks fan can correct that line-up if it is wrong, as I can see Felton taken out for Kidd as the main ball handler will be Melo but I don't watch enough Knicks to know.

But if these line-ups are more or less true I would see Butler-Melo, Noah-Chandler, Taj-on whoever starts at 3, Deng on Shumpert(unless JR Smith is on the court) and Rose on Felton. I could see the Bulls taking Taj out and putting in Hinrich even though I would hate it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what I've seen from Shumpert defensively, so unless Derrick comes back with a vengeance then I can see Shumpert (he looks lengthy, as mentioned) doing an alright job on him.

On Boozer sucking...I was once a believer in that, but he has done his part this year and shown that he can be a solid contributor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to oil myself up and do a WWF style smack down on you Bulls fans.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NBA is beginning the vetting process on a group of buyers including Ron Burkle and Mark Mastrov which intends to submit a competing bid to the NBA BOG. The NBA has also tasked its relocation committee to hash out the Maloofs' management of the Kings and how that has affected the city of Sacramento and attendance.

Chris Hansen is about to get Maloofed. And then Burkled.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm about to oil myself up and do a WWF style smack down on you Bulls fans.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Rudy *** is on his way to Toronto. Looks like Calderon and Ed Davis are on their way to Memphis. Deal could be official tonight.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of trash is that?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still don't understand why they were so desperate to move ***, but if they're really this set on dumping salary Calderon is a 10 million dollar expiring contract which helps. And Davis is solid, although they don't really have a need at his position.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought they were trying to get a 3rd team involved? Either way, if that trade does go through, it could have been worse.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Landry Fields can go rot in hell. What a waste.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I heard they were looking for a 3rd team as well. Ed Davis is a nice player, but Arthur is pretty similar, not to mention Gasol and Z-Bo.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ticks me off, I had Ed Davis starting on my fantasy team. Time to pick up Drummond!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty...Brook is going to the all-star!!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Memphis might flip Calderon to Detroit for Prince. If they could end up getting Prince and Davis for Rudy Cool I think it could be a pretty good move for them.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 01-30-2013 at 05:31 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Don't like this trade for Memphis as much as some seem to. Prince still has 3 years on his contract and is overpaid.

They showed their hand too early with their intent to trade ***. He's a better player than what he's showed this year, and he's worth more than this.

Last edited by yo123 : 01-30-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raptors will send out Jose Calderon and Ed Davis for *** and Hamed Haddadi.

The Pistons will acquire Calderon, with the Grizzlies receiving Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye.

The Grizzlies will also receive a second round pick from the Raptors.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Rudy_***_Trade
Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I always liked what I saw out of Haddadi the few times that he got playing time. Hopefully Toronto gives him some minutes.