Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Cooper - in certain systems I think he's a better fit than Warmack, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first guard off the board.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:49 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

#Alabama tackle D.J. Fluker won't make it past pick No. 20, per a source.
There isn't a source in the world that knows what's going to happen 3 months from now. That said, I dig it. From what little I've watched, I think Fluker is the best guard prospect in the draft.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
There isn't a source in the world that knows what's going to happen 3 months from now. That said, I dig it. From what little I've watched, I think Fluker is the best guard prospect in the draft.
Warmack would like to have a word with you about that.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cooper is a round 1 talent who will suit a ZBS very well although he can play either way. Right now, Flucker is a round 2 RT talent who needs to shed some weight. If he weighed in at 330lbs., he could make himself a lot of money and might even challenge Warmack as the top OG, but he doesn't weigh that much, and will never be a top end player.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard a rumor from Todd McShay that Cooper played 2011 at 320lbs. and dropped 25lbs this season.

If he can weigh 320lbs. or more than his listed 295lbs. does that make him more attractive to all teams?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Warmack would like to have a word with you about that.
Warmack can take his fat ass somewhere else. I already know Fluker is a powerful run blocker, and I also know he has the feet to keep the Atkins/Melton/Suh types off of the QB. I like Warmack, but I think people see what a dominant, road grating run blocker he is and they think that's more relevant to today's NFL than it really is. I think the top ten talk for him is absurd. Give me the massive college tackle over the college guard 90% of the time.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Warmack can take his fat ass somewhere else. I already know Fluker is a powerful run blocker, and I also know he has the feet to keep the Atkins/Melton/Suh types off of the QB. I like Warmack, but I think people see what a dominant, road grating run blocker he is and they think that's more relevant to today's NFL than it really is. I think the top ten talk for him is absurd. Give me the massive college tackle over the college guard 90% of the time.
LOL at Warmack's "fat ass." Fluker doesn't exactly look like he is doing P90X.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
But if you are the Bears/Ravens and you use a power game with big OLmen do you take Fluker over Cooper?
The Ravens supposedly use a zone scheme now (and have been for the past couple of seasons). I still see a lot of man concepts though. I'm not sure if the Juan Castillo hire will change things going forward. Regardless, they don't need a G or C. At least not anybody in the top 3 rounds.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Cooper is a round 1 talent who will suit a ZBS very well although he can play either way. Right now, Flucker is a round 2 RT talent who needs to shed some weight. If he weighed in at 330lbs., he could make himself a lot of money and might even challenge Warmack as the top OG, but he doesn't weigh that much, and will never be a top end player.
Why should he lose weight? His physique can handle that kind of weight without it being simple fat. It also did not affect his play this past season. I see little reason to call for him to lose weight at this point.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-31-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
It was a joke, not a criticism. They're both large gentlemen.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Why should he lose weight? His physique can handle that kind of weight without it being simple fat. It also did not affect his play this past season. I see little reason to call for him to lose weight at this point.
The knock on all extra large OL/DLmen is simple. For a quarter, they can completely dominate their opponent, by the 2nd quarter, they begin to come apart and they start to lose their effectiveness as they begin to take plays off to try and catch their breath. By the 3rd quarter, they have slowed down considerabley and are taking play after play off to try and regain their composure. By the 4th quarter, they are completely shot and have to be replaced or just play with a zero motor.
It is pretty rare for fat players to have a strong career unless they put on the weight after they came into the league and used the weight room to add muscle. Usually, if they enter the league overweight, they are often out of the league in a few years.
John Jenkins is another example of this kind of prospect. Neither of them will see round 1.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Fluker also doesn't look fat. He looks huge and strong.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote