Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be fine with either ones, all this talk about D-coordinator is making me impatient and excited at the same type, I may setting myself up for disapointment but it's gonna be a long offseason and I've got time to get use to the future choice.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
all this talk about D-coordinator is making me impatient and excited at the same time,
It's good to know I'm not alone. Welcome to the forum btw.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, guys, guys! I found who I want to be the next DC! You ready? [inhales]

TED MONACHINO! He's the Ravens LB coach and he sounds dreamy. Here's a link so you can get a defensive coordinator stiffy.

http://www.ravenspr.com/coaches_pers..._MONACHINO.pdf

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be great if he could turn any OLB we draft into a Suggs.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we are terrible at drafting linebackers the coaching could be difficult.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
Since we are terrible at drafting linebackers the coaching could be difficult.
doesnt help that we average about 4 draftpicks on average

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why do you guys want an unproven over Crennel?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm not against Crennel (I'd be fine with him) but it's nice to imagine the options and the rumored candidates have nice backgrounds, are not terrible, coached some good units. It's giving me hope in a better defense.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not against Crennel coming here if he wants to. However I think the downsides with him are his age, Coaching is a very taxing profession one has to wonder how many more years he wants to keep doing it. Also Kansas City is on the hook for paying him next season anyway so you wonder if the desire is there.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the past two weeks on the podcast I have, I've been able to interview Kyle Turley and Scott Shanle #humblebrag #nohumblebrag #brag

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

either way Payton has his guy and its not Romeo his guy is coaching in the super bowl.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
either way Payton has his guy and its not Romeo his guy is coaching in the super bowl.
That means it's either Jim Tomsula, Ed Donatell, Teryl Austin, or Ted Monachino. That's a big, fat pile of MEH.

I was excited about Monachino and then I realized how bad the Jags DL was from 2006-2009. And then I realized that Suggs was already a pretty good player before he started coaching linebackers. And then I realized I no longer had a man crush.

Ya know what? Let's bring back a former Saint and a guy who has studied under Dick LeBeau and Dom Capers. Give me Darren Perry from Green Bay.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-05-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

I don't want Rob Ryan, he does not inspire me any confidence at all.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Ryan to me is a hire for a defensive coordinator that is loud and will challenge these guys.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Good Lord, Rob Ryan? Really? For ***** sake. And interviewing Todd Grantham? Son of a *****. I think these two interviews prove that our front office can't evaluate defensive talent for ****.

For once I would like us to hire an up-and-coming defensive assistant to be our defensive coordinator instead of re-treads.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Good Lord, Rob Ryan? Really? For ***** sake. And interviewing Todd Grantham? Son of a *****. I think these two interviews prove that our front office can't evaluate defensive talent for ****.

For once I would like us to hire an up-and-coming defensive assistant to be our defensive coordinator instead of re-treads.
I couldn't agree more. God, I hope we don't end up hiring Rob Ryan. I really, really, REALLY don't like Rob Ryan. Look at the great job he did with the Dallas defense! Do we really want him leading our defense?

I think I speak for everyone when I say NO!

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see you guys don't like the Ryan hire, but I think you will grow to love him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
I couldn't agree more. God, I hope we don't end up hiring Rob Ryan. I really, really, REALLY don't like Rob Ryan. Look at the great job he did with the Dallas defense! Do we really want him leading our defense?

I think I speak for everyone when I say NO!
This was my first reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Rob Ryan to me is a hire for a defensive coordinator that is loud and will challenge these guys.
This is the conclusion I soon came too.

I am going to keep an open mind on this one. He is a vocal, aggressive guy with 3-4 experience. I really hope he can set a fire under our defense's ass. What I am curious about is how he and SP mesh.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

I agree that these selections aren't really awe inspiring. However the pool to pick from is slim this off-season, especially with the 49ers declining us permission to interview their assistants. We missed out on Ray Horton because of when Payton got re-instated.

It really seems like it's down to Ryan, Grantham, and that mystery 3rd interviewee that Payton mentioned.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am personally okay with the Ryan. I hope he brings back the swagger we had when another loud mouth coached us... Or maybe it was Darren Sharper...
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

The swagger he could bring is not enough and I hope the mystery candidate is more inspiring or that Grantham kills it.

I wonder if we realy had a plan when we fired Spagnuolo, but if we are taking our time to make sure it's fine by me.

edit : Nevermind, Grantham withdrew himself from the race, and since there is no echo about the mystery guy, I suppose I've got 7 long months to get used to Ryan.

Last edited by Naga114 : 02-08-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Naga114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well Jay Glazer is tweeting that it's official, Ryan is flying in to sign the deal and he will be the next D-coordinator.

I guess it was process of elimination and Rob was the only qualified candidate left out there. Missed out on guys like Horton early in the off-season, Crennel seemed to not want to coach this year, 49ers assistants blocked interviews, and Grantham wanted to go back to UGA.

Not going to make a rushed judgement here, just going to let him try to prove what he can do with this Defense. He's experienced Coaching a 3-4, I'm interested to see how he goes about making personnel decisions.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

As much as I wanted us to get a young up-and-comer (DARREN ******* PERRY!) I'm going to reserve judgement to see what Rob Ryan can do with a competent offense playing along side him rather than having his defenses pick up the slack for the offenses ineptitude.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

3 players I hope we go after in FA (assuming Loomis does his magic and gets us below like always)

1. Issac Sopoaga- Classic 3-4 NT that is expendable because Ricky Jean-Francois became better for the 49ers. At 31, I dont expect a huge contract to get him and he seems worth it.

2. Connor Barwin- Athletic OLB who would be able to help up with the pass rush. Since they just drafted Marcilius, I doubt they will try hard to bring him back.

3. Donte' Stallworth- BRING BACK DONTEEEEEE. He still has speed, and won't be expensive. Consider him Deverys replacement.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought I would post the ESPN.com article about the Saints' new defensive coordinator...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...s-work-1-month

I will say, I suppose I should give him the benefit of the doubt, like diabsoule said.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote