Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-25-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I have little doubt Jarvis will be a good player if healthy. I feel like fans who question him should go watch him vs Florida and Mizzou. He was ridiculous in those games.
I watched both. Hes no Clowney.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna say I love this team and I like the direction of where we are going. If we learned anything from this FO of Dimitroff and Smith, it's that the team will continue to get better. Obviously we all wanted to get to the superbowl and win it, but we were just seconds shy to probably the best team in the league. In our long history, our team has never been this successful so I can live with that.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:44 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd place is first loser. Jmo. Cant live with giving up 17to point leads in an nfcccg.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
2nd place is first loser. Jmo. Cant live with giving up 17to point leads in an nfcccg.
In any game for that matter. Of all teams to think they would learn their lesson you would think it would have been us, ya since the week before we blew a 20 point lead twice...Nah, lets keep it the same.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the OL look like next season? Does Holmes step into a spot? Where does Konz play at? If center, who is our right guard?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What's the OL look like next season? Does Holmes step into a spot? Where does Konz play at? If center, who is our right guard?
Well McClure said he is coming back so Konz shoud stay at guard for another season. While our O-line wasnt fantastic it was much better and I feel we will have much higher needs than a high pick on an O-lineman this year.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I agree... I think Konz is a much better fit at center though and the running game issues were not all on the backs. Have to think McClure was a culprit but line by line OL grading is something Scar or somone else should be asked about.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:54 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

As far as pass protection went this year I felt we did a much better job overall protecting Ryan, especially with us throwing the ball much more this past season. Baker did a solid job overall, there isnt a certain game or games I remember cursing him up and down about like some of the previous years.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I agree. Baker improved back to his rookie form, a healthy competition at the position would still be nice however.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree. Baker improved back to his rookie form, a healthy competition at the position would still be nice however.
Agreed, you can never have a good enough OL. Yes turner slowed down this year and like you said it wasnt all his fault. We just lost some of our nastier run blockers and put more emphasis on pass blocking IMO.

I still want another feature back though.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really become clear to me recently that addressing the defensive front seven as high a priority as any. Other than Weatherspoon, the Falcons don't have a lot to be excited about on their front seven going forward. I could see a scenario where they spend their frist two or first two out of three Draft picks on the front seven.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree... I think Konz is a much better fit at center though and the running game issues were not all on the backs. Have to think McClure was a culprit but line by line OL grading is something Scar or somone else should be asked about.
Yeah Konz looked solid unless he had to go against McCoy or Suh. Then again, he was a rookie. With more strength this offseason, he should be better.

I'd honestly say the Falcons would be fine if they let Baker and Mcclure walk. go with a line of Holmes-Blalock-Hawley-Konz-Clabo. I think it would be faster, better for screens and more importantly, actually good at blocking.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
Yeah Konz looked solid unless he had to go against McCoy or Suh. Then again, he was a rookie. With more strength this offseason, he should be better.

I'd honestly say the Falcons would be fine if they let Baker and Mcclure walk. go with a line of Holmes-Blalock-Hawley-Konz-Clabo. I think it would be faster, better for screens and more importantly, actually good at blocking.
I agree. Mike Johnson could compete for a spot with Hawley as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Agreed, you can never have a good enough OL. Yes turner slowed down this year and like you said it wasnt all his fault. We just lost some of our nastier run blockers and put more emphasis on pass blocking IMO.I still want another feature back though.
Should have never let go of Harvey Dahl, lol.

Quote:
It's really become clear to me recently that addressing the defensive front seven as high a priority as any. Other than Weatherspoon, the Falcons don't have a lot to be excited about on their front seven going forward. I could see a scenario where they spend their frist two or first two out of three Draft picks on the front seven.
I was thinking about that the other day. I don't mind some of the players we have, but they none of them are shoe-ins.

I wonder if a LB would be a possibility relatively early in the draft. While nickel is our most likely defensive set, Nicholas is just solid and Dent is average at best. If the opportunity presents itself I don't see why it wouldn't be a possibility.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

My Big board for the Falcons based on need/value and ultimately availability in the draft. Now remember I know our DL is the weakest part of our team, but I also believe if its a need in any way and they are the BPA, you take them.

1. Lacy RB- Bama. I just really like him as a player and esp for this offense. He is a big back with power and good speed. He is a great pass blocker, and does a great job catching the ball out of the backfield on screens and dump offs. Doesnt have the Elite speed you look for which is the only reason I dont see him being a top 15 pick as well as the way RBs are changing in the league. He has low mileage and played his best against top competition. Yes he had the best OL in the nation and of course that made a huge difference but just based on watching his style and ability I love the guy.

2. Alec Ogeltree LB- UGA if he is there I wouldn't hesitate. We all saw how horrid our LBs coverage skills were in the postseason this year, none could stay on the TEs and they gashed us. Nicholas is mediocre at best and Dent does not need to be on the roster other than a special teamer. Ogeltree has played in top competion and has great range, a former safety so his coverage skills are the best youre going to get with a LB. He would be great with our style defense he fits perfectly as we dont really use the type of MLB to stuff the runs and shed blocks, which is his weakest attribute.

3. Eifert/Ertz TE ND&Stanford- I really like both of these guys as a 1a and 1b. Both are great in their own way with Eifert being the better pass catcher and solid at blocking, where Ertz is a great blocker and solid pass catcher. I really cant see going wrong with either here, just depends on how we want to use them. We are not going to get Tony G production out of either of them so we can't expect that. Obviously this rankig will be different pending on Tony's decision.

4. Sharif Floyd DT- UF. Being a Gator fan I saw him play every week. He is a wonderful physical talent with great size and great quickness/power. Reminds me alot of a Rod Coleman type guy. Would be a great addition to the pass rush but again I highly doubt hes going to be available.

5. Alex Okafor DE- Texas Had a great senior bowl week and a good career at Texas. A solid edge rusher with great speed. May not be the greatest against the run but we need pass rushers. I see him as a 2nd rounder for sure but I like the guy.

Ill add to this list as we edge closer to the draft, just 5 plays id love to see in a Falcon uniform that will upgrade this team as a whole.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Lacy, but am a little worried I'm overrating him due to him playing at Bama. Would he be a top 50 RB prospect had he been at any other school? Tough to say.

I see no reason Ogeltree can't develop into a fine starting LB.

Tony Gonzalez please don't retire.

Floyd scares me. Maybe I'm stereotyping, but DTs in general worry me. I'd have no problem with him at pick 30, but would feel cautiously optimistic.

Okafor would seem like a no brainer at 30 with the current DE depth chart. He might be able to step right in and provide solid starting play.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched pretty much all UGA games and I don't see the hype with Ogletree. He's super athletic, reminds me a little of Michael Boley, but I didn't think he was a first rounder when I watched him. He's just not tough enough to play LBer in my opinion. He was also suspended more than once by UGA, and you know we don't like to draft those type of guys.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Ogeltree is 21 and quite talented. There's room for improvement, but there's also a lot of potential for improvement. He should develop quite well if he works at it. I don't see the character questions as major flaws. I haven't heard about him being in any major trouble. Besides, LBs aren't always the most well adjusted lads.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Give me okafor

Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

A lb isnt going to make a big win loss difference unless he's... A pass rusher. Or ray Lewis. But I wouldn't be too mad with oglestree

Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your guys' chances of bringing Willie Mo back? Big fan of his and Spoon since they both went to Mizzou. Love what they're doing over there.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
What are your guys' chances of bringing Willie Mo back? Big fan of his and Spoon since they both went to Mizzou. Love what they're doing over there.
more than likely 100%. When he was hurt with an injury it was noticeable, hes a playmaker and had his best year this year even though he missed several games.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

I think the Boley comparison to Ogletree is a good one. We need a LB that can cover and make the stretch tackles. Spoon was honestly the only LB on the field that could blitz so having 2 capable ones could change things up.

As far a Lacy goes, I think the answer is yes. He has tremendous power and is quite smooth as well. One of the better spin moves ive seen in a long time. Alabama has always been able to run the football whether its a great OL or great backs, but I think they both compliment eachother. Ingram probably looked better than he was but he also got fat and lazy. TRich is a beast. So recent backs coming out of there only help his cause.

I also like Gilislee in the 3rd if we go another route early.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Ogeltree is 21 and quite talented. There's room for improvement, but there's also a lot of potential for improvement. He should develop quite well if he works at it. I don't see the character questions as major flaws. I haven't heard about him being in any major trouble. Besides, LBs aren't always the most well adjusted lads.
Aren't you in athens? I guess you don't follow the bulldogs then. He was arrested for theft and suspended when he was a freshman. Also again this year he didn't play the first 4 games because of a suspension for testing positive for drugs.

Either way I think he's way too overrated, just my opinion from watching him. He's a big time tweener from safety to LBer. Doesn't exactly have a true position.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Aren't you in athens? I guess you don't follow the bulldogs then. He was arrested for theft and suspended when he was a freshman. Also again this year he didn't play the first 4 games because of a suspension for testing positive for drugs.
Oh noes he got caught with someone's bike helmet as a freshman and smoked pot. He'll never fit in the NFL!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh noes he got caught with someone's bike helmet as a freshman and smoked pot. He'll never fit in the NFL!
That's not what I said. What the hell is wrong with you?

Quote:
we all hate you