Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pass Catcher Rankings (Top 15 WRs/TEs)

Please continue with the discussion, criticism, and posting of other rankings now with the receivers and tight ends.

Previous Rankings
Corners & Safeties (1/29): http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=55445

Wide Receivers

1. DeAndre Hopkins :: CLEMSON
2. Tavon Austin : WEST VIRGINIA
3. Keenan Allen :: CALIFORNIA
4. Justin Hunter :: TENNESSEE
5. Cordarrelle Patterson :: TENNESSEE
6. Robert Woods :: USC
7. Marquise Goodwin :: TEXAS
8. Markus Wheaton :: OREGON STATE
9. Quinton Patton :: LOUISIANA TECH
10. Da’Rick Rogers :: TENNESSEE TECH
11. Stedman Bailey :: WEST VIRGINIA
12. Terrance Williams : BAYLOR
13. Chris Harper :: KANSAS STATE
14. Cobi Hamilton : ARKANSAS
15. Ryan Swope :: TEXAS A&M

Analysis: DeAndre Hopkins impresses me more than any other receiver with his terrific route running, very good speed, and strong hands. Justin Hunter's ranking is based in large part on projecting him to continue to improve following his knee injury and becoming the player he flashed prior to the injury, and that's a normal expectation for all athletes not named Adrian Peterson. Cordarrelle Patterson has as much upside as any receiver in the class, but right now I see more Devin Hester to his game than a Pro Bowl caliber player in the future. Goodwin and Wheaton are intriguing second round options. Terrance Williams had a tremendous season, but I don't see a well rounded game with him, simply a vertical threat in the mold of Devery Henderson. Ryan Swope had an underwhelming senior season, but it's hard to deny what he was able to do with a legitimate pocket passer during an outstanding junior season. Overall, another deep position in this draft and plenty of guys who will be drafted with the expectation to contribute right away.

Tight Ends

1. Zach Ertz :: STANFORD
2. Gavin Escobar :: SAN DIEGO STATE
3. Travis Kelce :: CINCINNATI
4. Tyler Eifert :: NOTRE DAME
5. Vance McDonald :: RICE
6. Jordan Reed :: FLORIDA
7. Dion Sims :: MICHIGAN STATE
8. Michael Williams :: ALABAMA
9. Joseph Fauria :: UCLA
10. Ryan Otten :: SAN JOSE STATE
11. Levine Toilolo :: STANFORD
12. Philip Lutzenkirchen :: AUBURN
13. Nick Kasa :: COLORADO
14. Zach Sudfeld :: NEVADA
15. Jake Stoneburner :: OHIO STATE

Analysis: After Senior Bowl week the tight end class is really all about the top 5 guys at the position. Ertz is a huge, athletic target and will continue in the explosion of tight ends being a dynamic part of the offense in the NFL. Gavin Escobar, Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert, and Vance McDonald can have a very similar scouting report written of themselves as well, and for my rankings it comes down to players having shown the ability to be effective in game with those skills. Questions might come up with Tyler Eifert, and I am not denying his talent, but every time I watched Notre Dame this year I always waited for him to wow me and I rarely ever saw that. Travis Kelce is the best overall blocker of the top bunch so that makes him slightly more versatile than the other four. Michael Williams isn't the world's greatest pass catcher, but he's an asset for the running game and he knows how to work in the red zone. Overall, more top end talent than we usually see from the tight end position and at least four of the top five will be selected in the first two rounds.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote