Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-02-2013, 06:38 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Guys the Jets said Revis is on the market. Would you trade 2nd rounder and 4th rounder from the Pats for Revis?
No, he signed a big contract. He is barely worth what he is getting paid. That is conundrum of trading for guys that are on their second contracts. His free market value was established when he signed his big extension two years ago, then he got hurt, to give up anything other than another player with a bloated contract is a complete rip-off.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One more thing... You can't tell me giving up a 2nd for Revis is a bad deal 4 years ago we gave up a 2nd for K2. The Browns had three picks in second round that year. All are busts. The success rate of second rounders is a coin flip 50/50
Yeah, that was a horrible deal for us. It doesn't matter what the Browns did with their 2nd rounders, it matters what we got in return. We got a me-first baby that was disruptive, didn't play up to his contract, and whose play was effected and cut short by a knee injury. If we didn't learn our lesson from that and got Revis, then there's no hope for us.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:48 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Guys who I think we should be targeting in the first round:

- Jonathon Hankins DT Ohio State
- Dee Milliner CB Alabama (If he's there. )
- TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame (Trade down Option)
- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri (like him, but I hear work ethic/character issues were there at Missouri)
- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State(Trade down option. He's the typical CB that fits what Schiano wants)
- Zach Ertz TE Stanford (Trade Down Option)
-Alex Okafore DE Texas (Trade Down Option)
I'm not big on taking any CB in this draft top 16. Milliner, maybe... but hopefully for us, like with Trent Richardson last year, he'll be gone and we don't have to find out he wasn't worth it.

Richardson I like a lot if he checks out.

I see a lot of Antrell Rolle in Rhodes. I think he'll eventually be a FS in the NFL. I don't see him twitchy enough to stay at CB in the NFL. Mauling guys down the field is great in college but isn't valued in the pros due to illegal contact rules.

Don't dislike Okafor, also not a huge fan.

I don't care for Hankins at all. He reminds me too much of the typical Ohio St. DT that comes in with all the press and turns out to be a decent pro. He is not a guy I would think would thrive as a one-gap DT. Kawann Short, yes... Richardson, yes... Hankins, not at all.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Gil Brandt is a useful, but extremely senile evaluator of talent at this point. Between his moxk and his columns, he has shown that he has lost about 20 mph off his fastball.

I wonder if he also thinks David Greene... errr Eric Zeier..no...Ty Detmer...no, wrong college... uhhh...oh yeah, Aaron Murray, is the second coming of Colt Brennan, oops, I mean Drew Brees.
I love it how when multiple analysts say this and yet, you keep saying they know nothing?

I hope you arent' one of those people who call in to Ron and IAN and say how is Andrew Luck that much better than Freeman when they have similar stats? Are you?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, he signed a big contract. He is barely worth what he is getting paid. That is conundrum of trading for guys that are on their second contracts. His free market value was established when he signed his big extension two years ago, then he got hurt, to give up anything other than another player with a bloated contract is a complete rip-off.
He actually is worth 6 million this year, but he's going to command more than Mario Williams. I agree, we need to pass. A CB isnt worth that much money. NO WAY. Brasho just pretty much elaborated on what I've been saying.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Sheldon Richardson is the guy if he is there at 13.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan View Post
Sheldon Richardson is the guy if he is there at 13.
I like Richardson a lot but I've seen reports of work ethic issues that probably need further evalaution. Don't want to jump to conclusions, but since they've been out their, it is a concern to check up on.

Otherwise, Richardson is a beast. I like him compared to Geno Atkins. Like the kid alot.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Super Bowl got me thinking about our team. Two biggest needs on offense are TE- 3rd WR. We need to fill these spots badly.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watching the Super Bowl got me thinking about our team. Two biggest needs on offense are TE- 3rd WR. We need to fill these spots badly.
We can pick up a third receiver in FA. It's hardly a priority. TE is a definite need though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
According to this site http://russellstreetreport.com/salar...ns-salary-cap/

he Ravens stand at $106 mil for next season's salary cap with Ray Lewis set to make $7 mil, you can bring that figure down to about $99. With where the Ravens will be drafting, you can allocate no more than $3 million to their rookie pool to push them back up to $102. Then they have seven restricted free agents, most of which they will likely re-sign, probably dolling out no more than $4 mil on them (Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson getting the lion's share). They have seven exclusive rights free agents, and they probably will spend less than $2 mil on them bringing them up to $108 million.

Then they have these free agents that they will likely want to re-sign:

S Reed, Edward
QB Flacco, Joe
OT McKinnie, Bryant
LB Ellerbe, Dannell
CB Williams, Cary
DE Kruger, Paul
S/ST Considine, Sean
DT Kemoeatu, Ma'ake
S Ihedigbo, James
CB Johnson, Chris

I can't imagine them NOT re-signing Ed Reed. I'm thinking he gets, even if he gives a hometown discount, in the neighborhood of $7 million a year. (He's makinig a little over that now).

Flacco, I'm thinking, will get a contract that pays him between the contracts of Cutler ($8m) and Ryan ($11m).

Either way, the cap is expected to be about $120 million next season, and by all intents and purposes, the Ravens, with my rough estimate of $123m they have to pay out, have their backs against the wall.

Paul Kruger may be leaving Baltimore without a fight, Cary Williams too.
How things change. I can't imagine a situation where Flacco is making less than $16 mil a season. That pretty much takes up most of their available cap space.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
We can pick up a third receiver in FA. It's hardly a priority. TE is a definite need though.
I think we could fill both in the draft and/or free agency. There are plenty of good receiving options that would fill the slot role in the 3rd round and later. The TEs are a decent group in the draft, but I don't think there is a sure-fire stretch the field type available... perhaps free agency is the best place to look (Keller, Bennett, Jared Cook).
Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He actually is worth 6 million this year, but he's going to command more than Mario Williams. I agree, we need to pass. A CB isnt worth that much money. NO WAY. Brasho just pretty much elaborated on what I've been saying.
I've seen as low as $4.5. I'm not sure how that works with his recent re-doing of his contract, I just know that he will be a malcontent when it comes to reporting on time due to wanting to rework his contract and that trading anything of value for the privilege of dealing with somebody that is going to want loads of money doesn't make sense.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've seen as low as $4.5. I'm not sure how that works with his recent re-doing of his contract, I just know that he will be a malcontent when it comes to reporting on time due to wanting to rework his contract and that trading anything of value for the privilege of dealing with somebody that is going to want loads of money doesn't make sense.
Agreed. I just think Revis is someone who will never be satisfied with his contract. He's a "ME" guy. I don';t think Schiano wants someone like that on his football team, who will only cause problems and tension in the lockerroom because of his contract demands.

EDIT: In all honesty, I don't even think Revis will want to come to Tampa. I can see him going to a team like Green Bay who has an established front 7 and top 3 QB on offense. They lack secondary help.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

EDIT: In all honesty, I don't even think Revis will want to come to Tampa. I can see him going to a team like Green Bay who has an established front 7 and top 3 QB on offense. They lack secondary help.
Green Bay has Sam Shields, Casey Hayward and Davon House as youngsters who have shown to be exactly what the Packers need, especially with Shields and House. Throw Tramon Williams into the mix and the Packers are doing well at corner. The Packers' front seven is far from established. Raji does well along the line, but Worthy showed very little as a rookie and Pickett is towards the end. At linebacker Matthews is the lone pass rusher with Bishop returning from injury at inside backer. Collectively, it's a front seven that needs plenty of work.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Green Bay has Sam Shields, Casey Hayward and Davon House as youngsters who have shown to be exactly what the Packers need, especially with Shields and House. Throw Tramon Williams into the mix and the Packers are doing well at corner. The Packers' front seven is far from established. Raji does well along the line, but Worthy showed very little as a rookie and Pickett is towards the end. At linebacker Matthews is the lone pass rusher with Bishop returning from injury at inside backer. Collectively, it's a front seven that needs plenty of work.
Yes, but their investments in their front 7 tell me they are likely at least willing to see if they pay off. Nick Perry, Mike Daniels, and a couple others are guys they supposedly like. I can DEFINITELY see them adding to the mix for sure, but I think they have hope that they can get it done with the pieces they have.

As far as CBs go, I don't think any team has done a good as a job in finding and developing young quality CBs. I doubt they would go out of their way to bring in a contractually malcontented CB into the mix when they seem to get great production with far cheaper alternatives.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Agreed. I just think Revis is someone who will never be satisfied with his contract. He's a "ME" guy. I don';t think Schiano wants someone like that on his football team, who will only cause problems and tension in the lockerroom because of his contract demands.

If Al Davis were alive, Oakland would be the likely landing spot. Otherwise i would think that the team that would acquire him would be a team that is a piece or two away from making a big splash AND has the type of defense that puts a premium on shutdown CBs.

Atlanta, Andy Reid's Eagles, the Broncos, and Texans immediately came to mind.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If Al Davis were alive, Oakland would be the likely landing spot. Otherwise i would think that the team that would acquire him would be a team that is a piece or two away from making a big splash AND has the type of defense that puts a premium on shutdown CBs.

Atlanta, Andy Reid's Eagles, the Broncos, and Texans immediately came to mind.
The first team that came to mind that is seriously a piece or 2 away defensively is New Endland but their is 0 chance in he'll the Jets would do that.

The broncos are te other team that comes to mind as well. Texans have issues on offense not defensively. To me Shaub was the reason they're team didn't go far. Not the defense.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cary Williams would look nice as a Buc. Williams, Biggers and Trufant ( drafted ) would be a nice core
Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cary Williams would look nice as a Buc. Williams, Biggers and Trufant ( drafted ) would be a nice core
I wouldn't rule out Williams. Would be a solid addition. The guy I hope we go after though is Keenan Lewis from Pittsburgh. They're 12 million and change over the cap so it might be difficult for them to keep. He's fit what schiano wants.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The first team that came to mind that is seriously a piece or 2 away defensively is New Endland but their is 0 chance in he'll the Jets would do that.

The broncos are te other team that comes to mind as well. Texans have issues on offense not defensively. To me Shaub was the reason they're team didn't go far. Not the defense.
The Jets trading anybody or anything to the Pats is a scenario I never see happening.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Mock off season Updated: Post Senior Bowl and Super Bowl
Cap before Cuts: 31.5 Mil. After Cuts: 48 million to spend.
Key Resignings:
- FS Ronde Barber
- DE Michael Bennett
- DT Roy Miller
- T Demar Dotson (RFA Tender 2nd round)
- DE Daniel Teo Neishem

Extension: Mike Williams: 6 year 43 mil.
Cap Casualties:
- CB Eric Wright : saving 7.50mil
- LB Quincy Black: Saving 5.75 mil
- Michael Koenen: Saving 3.25

Free Agents:
- CB Derrek Cox
- CB Mike Jenkins
- LB Michael Boley
- TE Jared Cook Jr.
- T Gosder Cherilus

Draft:
1st Round: Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
2nd Round: (trading New Englands 4th to move up): Terrance Williams WR Baylor
3rd: Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
4th : Jawan Jameson RB Rutgers
5th : Quanterrus Smith DE W. Kentucky
6th: Terrance Brown CB Stanford
7th: Matt Stankewitch C Penn State
Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Bradshaw anyone?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bradshaw anyone?
He won't come here. He won't be 2nd fiddle to Doug Martin. I'd like for him to complement him, but I see him going to a place like Green Bay.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't need to cut Koenen.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
We don't need to cut Koenen.
What team pays a punter who isn't even considered a pro bowler 3.25 mil a year? Come on. You're telling me he cant be replaced.