Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Andre Reed making the final 10 over Tim Brown is puzzling...

He shouldn't have made it over a few other players either, but if they were going to put another WR in the final 10 it should have been Brown.
Reed has consistently been finishing ahead of Brown the last few years.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Shields is every bit as deserving as Larry Allen or Jon Ogden in my mind, but maybe I'm just a homer.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All he does is catch touchdowns. About goddamn time for Cris Carter.

Unless twitter is misleading me the class is Carter, Sapp, Ogden, Allen, Parcells, Robinson, and Culp.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Class of 2013:

Allen
Ogden
Carter
Parcells
Sapp
Culp
Robinson
Old 02-02-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Reed becomes the #1 WR next year. Can't see the voters putting Marvin Harrison ahead of him and Tim Brown has consistently been behind him in recent years.

One of Strahan/Haley get in next year and I think Shields is a lock.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally Cris Carter makes the Hall of Fame. Hell yeah.

Too bad DeBartolo and Haley didn't make it for the 49ers. I thought Eddie had a good chance with the 49ers making the Super Bowl again and A Football Life having an episode dedicated to him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm shocked that Jerome Bettis made the cut when they went down to 10.

If I were in that room, I'd have laughed out loud as soon as whoever made the pitch for him got started.

The only people who think he should be in are Steelers homers and people who think being a "nice guy" is legitimate selection criteria.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-02-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Andre Reed becomes the #1 WR next year. Can't see the voters putting Marvin Harrison ahead of him and Tim Brown has consistently been behind him in recent years.

Agreed.

Finally the WR order is shaking itself out with Carter inducted and Reed clearly the next WR on the list.

Shields is now a clear number 1 OL
Strahan or Haley both reached the Final 10
Derrick Brooks looks like the only 1st ballot candidate

I wouldn't be surprised if that's your 2014 Class. A nice balance with 2 offensive and 3 defensive players.

Shields
Reed
Strahan
Haley
Brooks
Old 02-02-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post

I don't know about that. Marvin Harrison had over 150 more receptions, nearly 1,400 more yards and over 40 Touchdowns more than Andre Reed. He also did that in 3 seasons less than Reed. Harrison was nominated to 1 more Pro Bowl than him. Reed was a 2 time All Pro (both 2nd team), while Harrison was an 8 time All Pro (with 3 1st team). Harrison led the league in receptions twice, yards twice and touchdowns once. Reed never lead a statistical category. Now there is obviously more to play than stats but I find it hard to believe that HoF voters will take two players playing in a not too dissimilar period of time and rate the one with more receptions, yards, touchdowns, pro bowl selections, all pro selections, and who led the league at times, 2nd.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

If I were in that room, I'd have laughed out loud as soon as whoever made the pitch for him got started.

The only people who think he should be in are Steelers homers and people who think being a "nice guy" is legitimate selection criteria.
I agree, but I bet he gets in at some point. The hall has a hard on for Steelers. (See Swann, Lynn)
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Michael Strahan? Wow. Well I was 2/5 this time. Not so hot. But nothing really surprises me other than Parcells over Strahan. I'm just not crazy about having that many coaches in the HOF.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warren Sapp!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strahan got robbed. But Parcells absolutely deserved to get in. He's an icon.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Will Shields is every bit as deserving as Larry Allen or Jon Ogden in my mind, but maybe I'm just a homer.
I agree, Shields deserved to get in this year. Maybe just a question of Ogden and Allen having flashier resumes, with Ogden playing a premiere position at LT + winning a Super Bowl, and Allen being a a part of Americas Team + winning a Super Bowl.
Will Shields is every bit the HoFer that Ogden and Allen is imo. I mean, he was part of a line, that made Elvis Grbac into a 4000 yard passer, now thats a sign of greatness!

- Great to see Chris Carter finally getting in. Its been a long time coming.

- I have no clue as to why Strahan didnt get in. Hopefully him and Shields can car pool to next years induction ceremony.
SunTzu_22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Warren Sapp!
I knew it! Everyone told me, "Oh, nooooo, dude. There's no way Sapp gets in over Strahan. Keep dreaming!"

It's nice to see that Lee Roy Selmon will finally have some company in Canton... And Derrick Brooks will be joining the both of them next year.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Strahan got robbed. But Parcells absolutely deserved to get in. He's an icon.
So is Mike Ditka, he's not in (as a coach).

Old 02-02-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Greene got hosed for Cris Carter... lol.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Kevin Greene got hosed for Cris Carter... lol.
Meh. Carter deserved it. Not that Greene doesn't, but Carter was dominant at his position too.

Quote:
Old 02-02-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So is Mike Ditka, he's not in (as a coach).
Parcells is 100x the coach Ditka was. He created the modern 3-4 defense. It was way different a system before Parcells modified it for LT.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Carter breaks down.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-o...gets-emotional

Quote:
Old 02-02-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parcells should have been in the HOF years ago. About time.
Kevin Greene/Charles Haley need some love from the selection committee.

Now we can end the debate about CC and his HOF credentials. It's forever now.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Yeah, like I've said before, I don't think anybody actually watched Bettis play at the time and thought "this guy is a future Hall of Famer." I guess he managed to accumulate HOF-type stats, and that's great, but...he shouldn't be in the HOF.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Parcells is 100x the coach Ditka was. He created the modern 3-4 defense. It was way different a system before Parcells modified it for LT.
He is, I'm just saying "he's an icon" is a really stupid reason to put someone in the HOF (nevermind the fact that it's not really even true outside of the New York area). But, I guess it was pretty brilliant how he took the most athletic outside linebacker of all time and told him to run at the quarterback.

You always say that coaching is overrated, so don't be a hypocrite. 4 coaches from the 80s alone seems a bit excessive when there aren't even that many position players from the decade in some cases.

If Scott Norwood makes the field goal, Parcells doesn't get in the HOF. I'm sure Tom Coughlin will get in some day too, at which point we might as well burn the thing down.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He is, I'm just saying "he's an icon" is a really stupid reason to put someone in the HOF (nevermind the fact that it's not really even true outside of the New York area). But, I guess it was pretty brilliant how he took the most athletic outside linebacker of all time and told him to run at the quarterback.

You always say that coaching is overrated, so don't be a hypocrite. 4 coaches from the 80s alone seems a bit excessive when there aren't even that many position players from the decade in some cases.

If Scott Norwood makes the field goal, Parcells doesn't get in the HOF. I'm sure Tom Coughlin will get in some day too, at which point we might as well burn the thing down.
I normally am against coaches as well, but this is Parcells. If it was Jimmy Johnson, or Mike Shannahan or someone of that nature I'd agree but this was Bill Parcells. His impact was not just measured in Super Bowls. He was arguably the best team rebuilder of all time.