Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 12-09-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Are you guys still running a 3-4? And how's D'Qwell Jackson doing for you? I loved him out of Maryland.
No sir we switched back to a base 4-3 after mangini got canned and we hired Shurmur. Jauron calls the D. Jackson is rock solid, dude has battled back from some big injuries. He is playing some good football behind big Phil Taylor and Ahtyba Rubin.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 12-09-2012 at 09:51 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT envy. :(

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
1 year later and this defensive line that was supposed to have 6 viable starters has absolutely screwed up the season. The whole defense has gone to crap, but it starts with the line. Seymour has been hurt all year and even when he has been in, he and Kelly have absolutely no gap discipline. Desmond Bryant is okay as a 3rd or 4th rotational player but he hasn't filled in as a starter well.

They have no pass rush at all. It's pathetic.

And of course the Raiders' offensive line is awful.

To be honest, the Raiders' needs are too many to list and too important to rank. They have gaping holes at a half a dozen positions or more and could use strong upgrades at another half dozen.

Raiders needs in tier:

1st tier
DT
DE
CB
RT
CB
DT
OG
MLB

2nd tier
OG
MLB
OLB
TE
WR
RB

It would also be nice to have a franchise QB, but there isn't one in this draft.

And crap... That's depressing making that list.
Yeah, we definitely took a step backwards this year. A step, six steps. Whatever.

I'd also add FS to this list, as Huff may not be brought back and Giordano is awful.

God damn it.

Last edited by Abaddon : 12-09-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Yeah, we definitely took a step backwards this year. A step, six steps. Whatever.

I'd also add FS to this list, as Huff may not be brought back and Giordano is awful.
I would agree. And I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell is gone as well. It would be an unprecedented turn of events to see Branch released so quickly either, but let's be honest, there is no precedent for the type of transition the Raiders are going through.

If we are looking at this through a critical lens, even though Al Davis died over a year ago, the transition is really just beginning. They had an offseason with Reggie McKenzie, but there is so much overhaul to be done to modernize the franchise, it may take half a decade just to begin to stabilize the franchise. So even though I say it would be "unprecedented" it could almost be expected. The only thing to be expected is more change. Huff, Giordano, Mitchell, Branch--any or all of the above.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Like I've been telling the guys over at Black Reign, 2012 was a throwaway evaluation year, and 2013 won't be much better. It's been even more of a throwaway than I expected. The coaching staff is truly putrid. I want to give DA the benefit of the doubt, but everyone beneath him is UFL caliber.

We're basically an expansion team. When you look at the talent level of this roster, that's really how you have to approach this thing.

God damn it.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like I've been telling the guys over at Black Reign, 2012 was a throwaway evaluation year, and 2013 won't be much better. It's been even more of a throwaway than I expected. The coaching staff is truly putrid. I want to give DA the benefit of the doubt, but everyone beneath him is UFL caliber.

We're basically an expansion team. When you look at the talent level of this roster, that's really how you have to approach this thing.
I agree with this. To begin the year I thought maybe the Raiders could coast off the "successes" of the last 2 years at 8-8 and a teaming of Palmer/DMC could get them over the top, but while Palmer can get the yards, Greg Knapp has shot the running game to hell.

Seeing all the cuts the Raiders made this offseason and the failures of this offensive switch, it is clear this is a total overhaul. As you said, like an expansion team.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

I wanted to retain some semblance of optimism about being competitive this season, but the Knapp and Tarver hires completely sunk that ship.

My only remaining hope is that Carlisle and/or FA bust Brisiel get sat down so we can get a better idea of where Bergstrom is in his development. Giving Parsons more snaps (looked better than Brisiel to me in limited action) and Lucas Nix any snaps just makes sense to me. We know what we have in the two aging vets, and what we have is the worst G tandem in football. Brisiel seems like a near definite offseason cut, so just go ahead and bench the bum.

God damn it.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I wanted to retain some semblance of optimism about being competitive this season, but the Knapp and Tarver hires completely sunk that ship.

My only remaining hope is that Carlisle and/or FA bust Brisiel get sat down so we can get a better idea of where Bergstrom is in his development. Giving Parsons more snaps (looked better than Brisiel to me in limited action) and Lucas Nix any snaps just makes sense to me. We know what we have in the two aging vets, and what we have is the worst G tandem in football. Brisiel seems like a near definite offseason cut, so just go ahead and bench the bum.
Heck, let's try Bergstrom at RT. Anything other than the abomination of Barnes and Smith at RT this season.

And yes, Knapp torpedoed this offense more than I thought any coordinator could. I was a little excited about Tarver coming into this season, but clearly there's an issue because of the absolute lack of discipline on this football team on defense.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

I think Berg has those Robert Gallery arms, making G a better fit for him in the long run. If he was drafted to be a guard, and that was the early indication, then let's put his arse in there at a guard spot and get him some reps. The more he plays now, the better prepared he'll be next year.

But, yeah. If they were to give him a start at RT, I wouldn't complain. At least run more 3 tackle sets to help out on the right side.

God damn it.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought I would layout the Colts needs for Mock makers! :)
In order of need:

#1 Need SLB - with Dwight Freeney's struggles in 34 I'm sure he will want to hit FA. So we will need a replacment. Hughes can be on the team for depth but he is no starter. A solid pick here is any premiere pass rusher. For when we pick I am hoping for Dion Jordan.

#2a Need OG - Mike McGlynn is not a starter at guard. He just gets manhandled. A.Q. Shipley will likely be playing center and Satele will walk.

#2b Need OT - I'm not sure what is going to go down with Winston Justice. I personally want him resigned to a short term deal, but Linkenbach cannot start. He will get Luck killed. See week 15. This need will change in the wake of contract negotiations with Justice. This ranking is assuming he isn't back with the Colts.

#3 Need DT(5Tech) - Redding and Moala are the current starters and while they are decent we could stand to upgrade them or at least get some depth in here.

#4 Need CB - Jerraud Powers will be gone. Vontae Davis will be back and has done very well. Cassius Vaughn and Darius Butler are merely Nickel Corners so a guy that will be CB2 is needed.

#4b Need SS/FS - Really at this point Bethea could play strong or free but Zbikowski hasn't been healthy lately and when he is healthy he is garbage.

#4c Need NT - This need isn't as high because I have faith that Chapman will be able to deliver. And even without him we have done fine with Antonio Johnson and some depth with Tevaseu.

#5 Need WR - This is merely a position that we might draft to find an heir to Wayne, but truth be told this could be neglected for a year or two. We have a strong WR in Hilton and I'm hoping Brazil continues to show his worth on the roster. It depends on how much Wayne has in the tank.

I'm sure all Colts fans will agree with the needs I have just posted, but they might disagree in small areas with the priority of each need.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Panthers, our first round pick MUST be either an offensive or defensive tackle. All other needs are secondary to those two positions. Which one is more important depends on who you ask, but a defensive tackle is still needed to clog the middle for runners and allowing Kuechly even more freedom to roam, while the right side of our offensive line is very bad, and Gross will eventually need a replacement.

Other needs are the secondary and the receiver positions, but picks for these positions hopefully won't take place until after both sides of the tackle problem are addressed.

One thing, the Panthers absolutely do not need a defensive end. That position pick shows up every few mocks or so for no real reason. Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy are playing great, for instance both being in the top ten sack leaders. Frank Alexander looks like a solid pick. We simply have no reason to use high draft picks on the position given the problems elsewhere.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I think Berg has those Robert Gallery arms, making G a better fit for him in the long run. If he was drafted to be a guard, and that was the early indication, then let's put his arse in there at a guard spot and get him some reps. The more he plays now, the better prepared he'll be next year.

But, yeah. If they were to give him a start at RT, I wouldn't complain. At least run more 3 tackle sets to help out on the right side.
Though I haven't gotten to watch a lot of Raider games this season, I've been wondering why I haven't seen Berg break into the starting lineup yet. I hope it's not due to ability, cause I would like to see him take over as the LG between Veldheer and Wiz. Brisiel is best served as a swing guy not a starter and Coop is sadly at the end of his career, so Parsons and Nix should be competing for the RG spot or with Berg for the LG spot. RT is really their biggest open to fill IMO. Ideally they should look for someone like DJ Fluker in the second round but they'll probably look for another position to fill in that round so a guy like Lane Johnson or Brennan Williams in the 3rd will do.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints

- Edge Rush Specialist, that could turn into an every down DE down the road.

- Defensive Tackle - someone powerful that can anchor against the run, or a gap disruptor as long as they aren't undersized.

- Athletic Playmaking Outside Linebacker

- Offensive Tackle - this could jump up to a much higher need if we lose Jermon Bushrod in FA. for now I'm anticipating we re-sign him.

- Physical Zone Cornerback - Jabari Greer is on his last legs, Jonny Patrick really should not be on the field, and Corey White is still learning how to play at this level.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneMaster67 View Post
Though I haven't gotten to watch a lot of Raider games this season, I've been wondering why I haven't seen Berg break into the starting lineup yet. I hope it's not due to ability, cause I would like to see him take over as the LG between Veldheer and Wiz. Brisiel is best served as a swing guy not a starter and Coop is sadly at the end of his career, so Parsons and Nix should be competing for the RG spot or with Berg for the LG spot. RT is really their biggest open to fill IMO. Ideally they should look for someone like DJ Fluker in the second round but they'll probably look for another position to fill in that round so a guy like Lane Johnson or Brennan Williams in the 3rd will do.
They'll have to get a 2nd rounder first.

God damn it.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Arrowin
Rookie

Arrowin is a cocksman.Arrowin is a cocksman.Arrowin is a cocksman.

Kansas City Chiefs:
1. QB: Anyone better than Matt Cassel...
2. CB: A good man-to-man corner with great ball skills
3. FS: A deep safety with good tackling skills
4. WR: A tall wide receiver that can run good routes and beat man coverage
5. DE: A 3-4 defensive end that can create inside pressure

Last edited by Arrowin : 01-23-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Arrowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Saints

- Edge Rush Specialist, that could turn into an every down DE down the road.

- Defensive Tackle - someone powerful that can anchor against the run, or a gap disruptor as long as they aren't undersized.

- Athletic Playmaking Outside Linebacker

- Offensive Tackle - this could jump up to a much higher need if we lose Jermon Bushrod in FA. for now I'm anticipating we re-sign him.

- Physical Zone Cornerback - Jabari Greer is on his last legs, Jonny Patrick really should not be on the field, and Corey White is still learning how to play at this level.
Updating the Saints list because of 3-4 Scheme Change. Still pretty much the same just with a different focus on specifics.

1. 3-4 Outside Linebacker, need to kick off the transition to the 3-4 with a great pass rusher.

2. D-line depth - we have a solid base front for the 34, but we need to add depth a Big space eating Nose, and possibly another 5-tech prospect.

3. Offensive Tackle - looking more and more like we won't be able to re-sign Bushrod (hoping I'm wrong on this) but if we can't replace him in FA we'll need to look through the Draft. Probably Round 3 and onward is where I'd start looking as D' is the bigger issue.

4. Cornerback / Safety - really don't know how Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper will fit into the new Coordinators' plan, whoever they hire in the future; so there might be changes there. We also need a Youth at Corner as Greer is aging, and Patrick Robinson, Corey White, and Jonny Patrick have been fairly disappointing in their own rights.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no particular order (the order I thought of them in)

Patriots:
1. Cornerback. If Aqib Talib leaves, they will need someone to play CB because we get really ****** when our current corners are on the field without Talib. (Not counting on Ras-I Dowling to stay healthy)

2. Safety. McCourty has been really good and Tavon Wilson showed some, but this team could really use a veteran player to come in and get things right RIGHT now. (Cough Ed Reed cough)

3. Coverage LB. Brandon Spikes, Donta Hightower, and Jerod Mayo all have 1 thing in common. They're big linebackers that struggle in coverage. Part of it is scheme, but part of it is flat out lacking the athleticism. If we could get a mid round LB to play coverage and special teams... it would be awesome.

4. Interior pass rusher/DT. Our interior rush sucks. Vince Wilfork is a man among boys when it comes to run stopping, but the interior isn't pushing the pocket enough on passing situations. Our coverage is exposed really badly because of it.

5. Defensive end. Bill Belichick seems to pull rabbits out of his hat with our DL the last few years. Journeyman DEs that come here have big years or the team just seems to find someone to step up, but when Chandler Jones went down, the defensive line was just not the same. Jones clearly had ankle issues at the end of the season.

6. Right Tackle. If Sebastian Vollmer is allowed to walk, then NE could use someone to step into the void he leaves. Marcus Cannon may be that guy, but Cannon looked more like a guard than a tackle.

7. Wide Receiver (two might help) Wes Welker is a 32 year old FA with a knee injury. Julian Edelman is a FA that struggles to stay healthy and is really a 3rd or fourth option at best. Brandon Lloyd is the only WR worth anything on the roster in 2013 and even he didn't show up the way the Patriots need their WRs to do so (He was basically Brandon "0 YAC" Lloyd).

Some of them are obviously not "needs" if they retain the player at the position, but many of them just need some youth (WR).
Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasrapp98 View Post
On the bright side, you don't need a kicker! :D
Time to blow it up. Trade the Polish Powderkeg for picks and start fresh.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers:

1) NT: Sopoaga will be FA. There are no feasible options behind him.

2) CB: Rodgers getting up there in age and Brown is just average. Culliver looks good but depth is needed.

3) WR: Moss and Manningham not a sure thing to be there next year, Jenkins is an unknown, Kyle is a #4.

4) C: Goodwin will be 35 next year.

5) DE: Justin Smith will be entering his last year under contract and depth is lacking.

6) S: If Goldston doesn't re-sign this position goes up. Even if he does re-sign the 49ers need a 3rd safety to develop for the future.

7) TE: Need an upgrade to Delanie Walker.

Last edited by Shupp : 01-27-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago Bears Team Needs

Tier One
Offensive Tackle (day one starter, man blocking scheme, right tackle needed much more than left, but could go either way)
Left Guard (day one starter, man blocking scheme)

Tier Two
Middle Linebacker (starter, should have excellent coverage skills, top instincts, and be a capable tackler)
Tight End (starter, pass-catching threat, must be able to produce from day one, probably a free agency acquisition rather than a draftee)
Cornerback (equal zone and man coverage, needed as starter on the outside in 2014, possibly restricted to nickel use this season)
Center (day one starter, man blocking scheme)

Tier Three
Wide Receiver (speedy downfield threat, must have ability to catch jump balls)
Outside Linebacker (versatile, should be able to at least back up both weak and strong sides)
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

Eagles

Most Important:

4-3

CB- Probably keep DRC, but need a Ndamdi replacement in round 2 or 3
S- Need FS and S. Round 2 probably.
Starting OT or OG- Either one not both. Probably round 1 or 2

3-4

NT- Round 1. Probably Star or a trade down for John Jenkins
CB- Same
S- Same
OT or OG- Same

Tier 2

4-3

DT- Just need someone better next to Cox. Round 4.
OLB- Someone next to Kendrichs and Ryans would be preferable. Round 4-5.
Backup OL- Any kind of backup OL in any round.
Big WR or TE- In round 5-7
Punter- Brad Wing in round 6.

3-4

3-4 OLB- Someone opposite of Graham in rounds 3-5
Backup OL- Same
Big WR or TE- Same
Punter- Same

Tier 3:

QB- Round 6-7 prospect guy to fit Chip Kelly
Backup DE- Just some nice depth. Rounds 6-7.
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
WT01
Rookie

WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WT01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks:
(For those of you who don't follow the Seahawks super closely, the Seahawks use a rather unique DL. On one side they use a "LEO", a modified version of the Elephant. Basically a player with the size of a linebacker-their starter, Chris Clemons, is listed at only 254 pounds. They then use two large defense tackles-last year's starters Brandon Mebane and Alan Branch listed at listed as 311 and 324 respectively-then have a five technique end playing opposite the LEO-starter Red Bryant listed at 324 pounds.

1. DT: Alan Branch and Jason Jones are free agents. Seahawks need a three tech who can consistently put pressure on the QB and force double teams to take some of the pressure off of Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin. Probably their only major hole

2. WR: Depth is needed but I could also see them taking a guy like Hopkins at #25 if Richardson, Floyd and short are gone. Sidney Rice is a solid player when he's healthy and Golden Tate showed that he can be a playmaker despite not have elite size or speed. Doug Baldwin is a bit of a question mark after laboring through some injuries and lowered production after his surprising rookie season. Don't really have much beyond those guys.

3. Will Linebacker: Last year's starter Leroy Hill is a FA, will be 31 shortly after the start of the season and was recently arrested on a domestic violence charge (his second DV arrest and fourth overall (twice for marijuana possession) since 2009). He also missed two games last year with ankle and hamstring injuries. Although his backup, Malcolm Smith, played okay in his absence, it's unlikely that he'd be effective over a full season since he's more of a special teams player and doesn't have the size, pass-rushing or coverage ability to be a full time starter

4. ROT/OG: Seahawks are set for the future at LT and C with Pro-Bowler Okung and All-Pro Unger respectively but Breno Giacomini is a pretty big question mark at RT. The team's OL coach Tom Cable really likes J.R. Sweezy, the 7th round DL-OG convert from last season at RG but he didn't play very well most of the games he played. LG is also relatively a concern since Paul McQuistan is average at best. They like 2012 1st round pick James Carpenter at that spot long term but after suffering two injuries to the same knee in consecutive years, his health is a concern.

4. DE: It's very possible that Chris Clemons starts the year on PUP after tearing his ACL in the Wild Card game vs. Washington. Even if he doesn't, he's 32 years old a month into the season so it's a question how much longer he'll continue to be effective. On the other end Bryant, who has gained a reputation as a excellent run stopper, suffered a major decline in production last season. He's always been next to non-existent as a pass-rusher but he also was quite a bit worse as a run-stopper as well. Whether it was because of injury or due to a lack of effort after signing a new contract in FA before the season, nobody really knows except for Bryant, but it's still something to watch.

5. TE: Despite what apparently a lot of people think, Zach Miller is a very solid TE whose numbers haven't been close to what they were in Oakland because he was stuck blocking a lot. Despite that, OC Darrell Bevell likes to employ a a lot of 2 TE sets and their backup TE Anthony McCoy is extremely inconsistent.

6. CB: Mostly need depth here. Have an elite starter on side (Richard Sherman ) and an above-average on the other side (Brandon Browner). That said, Browner is 29 this year and a (restricted) free-agent after this season. Meanwhile they could use a guy who could play on the inside. Last year's starter Marcus Trufant is old (32), a FA and was relatively ineffective last year. Meanwhile while his backup Walter Thurmond has looked good in the time he's played he has suffered through multiple injuries in his career so it's unlikely that they can reliably count on him.
WT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders:

1 DT
2 DE
3 CB
4 RT/OG
5 ILB
6 OLB
7 Developmental QB/RB

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
SuperCharger77
Rookie

SuperCharger77 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Chargers

1. OT
2. CB
3. OG
4. RB
5. WR
6. OLB
7. Developmental QB
SuperCharger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They'll have to get a 2nd rounder first.
Should have known better then to think the Raiders would have a 2nd round pick.

Rookie mistake on my part. I'm better than that.

Last edited by ZoneMaster67 : 02-19-2013 at 12:59 AM.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote