Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Richard Sherman punks NFL fans in New Orleans.

Sherman goes around and asks NFL fans who he believes is the better corner in the league right now, himself or Revis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...est-cornerback

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be a good question to ask to people here in the forum, who do you prefer right now under the current circumstances?

I'd have to say Sherman: shutdown corner, physical, fast, ballhawk, healthy and no problems with contract negotiations (at the moment).
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Notre Dame guy's answers were cringe worthy.

Everyone is going to start bashing Richard Sherman for this but I thought it was hilarious and all in good fun. He didn't look like he got offended and just laughed off the prank with them.

Also, FYI the niners did not face Revis this year.

Last edited by soybean : 02-03-2013 at 12:00 AM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was great to do this. All in good fun. See he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Just wants to play with an edge and people take that as him being a a hole c
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might side with Revis just because he moves all over the field. Sherman strictly stays to one side. Another poster brought up a good point that that might be just because Browner feels comfortable sticking to one side.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The gap between Revis and the second best CB is long. When Revis is playing he doesn't give up much let alone Tds like Sherman did in their playoff loss
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
The gap between Revis and the second best CB is long. When Revis is playing he doesn't give up much let alone Tds like Sherman did in their playoff loss
I don't think it's as long as people believe. PFF did an interesting analysis between the two players last week. Some good points in there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...arrelle-revis/

Quote:
Old 02-03-2013, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the guy caught taking PEDs, right?
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherman is good, but he's not unbeatable. There were several plays in the SKins loss to the Seahawks where Pierre Garcon got behind him but RG3 either didn't see him or couldn't make the throw.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
This is the guy caught taking PEDs, right?
He took aderol....so yes, if you wanna call that a PED....yes he is that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:06 AM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I read punk I thought it was going to be him being a dick. Funny stuff by Sherman. Good natured fun.

I'd take Sherman based on his age/contract/health but Revis is generally better.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't think it's as long as people believe. PFF did an interesting analysis between the two players last week. Some good points in there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...arrelle-revis/
Taking an average over 3 years vs 1 players peak year is a bad way to do statistical analysis.

What makes the gap so large is that every year the #2 corner is someone else.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:24 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He took aderol....so yes, if you wanna call that a PED....yes he is that guy.
Or he lied about it to cover up steroid use. The NFL is never going to release what he actually tested positive for. They will never confirm or deny anything he says.

So he could claim he tested positive for sniffing glue.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This reminds me so much of three years ago when people were debating Asomugha vs. Revis.

As long as he's in his 20's, the answer is always going to be Revis.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow how embarrassed must this Niner fan have been.
An unsuspecting San Francisco 49ers fan called Sherman "too fat and slow," adding "he's a punk and he took drugs, and he shouldn't even be able to play. He got through on a B.S. appeal." The look on his face upon discovering that Sherman was behind the mic was priceless.

Patriot fan.... lotta dumb drunk fans there.

Anyone else not happy with the CNNSI thing becoming B/R Bleacher Report?
This thing was pretty funny though.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 02-03-2013 at 07:32 AM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I love Richard Sherman.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis and it isn't close. At all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gosh I wish he was on the Niners! Idk who I would ratger have though, cant lose with either one

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Taking an average over 3 years vs 1 players peak year is a bad way to do statistical analysis.

What makes the gap so large is that every year the #2 corner is someone else.
How do we know that 2012 was Sherman's peak year? It was only his second season in the league and first as a full-time starter. I actually think it's pretty foolish to suggest that a 24-year old has peaked. Also, Revis' three year average is given a significant bump by his ungodly 2009 season, which he will likely never repeat.

I'm not ready to put Sherman ahead of Revis after just one season, but I'm also not going to dismiss the thought either. Sherman's 2012 was as good or better than any of Revis' seasons, outside of 2009.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
How do we know that 2012 was Sherman's peak year? It was only his second season in the league and first as a full-time starter. I actually think it's pretty foolish to suggest that a 24-year old has peaked. Also, Revis' three year average is given a significant bump by his ungodly 2009 season, which he will likely never repeat.

I'm not ready to put Sherman ahead of Revis after just one season, but I'm also not going to dismiss the thought either. Sherman's 2012 was as good or better than any of Revis' seasons, outside of 2009.
No it wasn't, Sherman doesn't have the same kind of make up speed that Revis has, and his game is far more dependent on being physical at the line. There were multiple games this past season where receivers had a couple steps on Sherman only to be overthrown. Sherman was beat deep more times this season than I think I have seen Revis in his entire career. Plus when you consider that Sherman plays exclusively from the left side whereas Revis goes all over the field to match up with primary receivers including the slot, he just has a far more difficult task. Also there is the Chancellor-Thomas vs. Smith-Pool factor.

I think any suggestion that Sherman is comparable to Revis is a byproduct of him being the new elite player. Watching the 2 play shows a significant gap between the 2 in overall coverage skills, and no amount of PFF stats really will change that. I think Sherman is an elite player, but comparing him to Revis is foolish at this point.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Sherman because while Revis at his best is unrivaled, Sherman is younger, healthier, plays more physical, and will never cost as much as what Revis is asking for. He might be a dickhead at times but he hasn't been a contract problem yet. Revis is great but is annoying to deal with. And is 3 years older and coming off ACL surgery.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what they say... once a douche always a douche.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Revis and it isn't close. At all.
Except for the fact that it is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Gtfo snowflake, no it's not.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-52-yard-catch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...deep-touchdown

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ouchdown-catch

Until this stops happening fairly regularly Sherman will never be in Revis's caliber, and it's not like he's all of a sudden going to get wheels to prevent this from happening. Plus, he avoided multiple additional plays like this because of bad throws. As teams keep seeing plays like the ones above, they will not stop challenging Sherman vertically, and if he doesn't have safety help over the top he'll likely continue to struggle.

That alone takes him out of Revis's class.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote