Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-02-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
That projection had to be after the Ravens tendered the EFAs and RFAs. Trust me, I've been following their cap situation for a while. This is a good resource that's been reliable in the past. Lewis retiring actually saves them $4.35 million too.

Like I said I expect Williams to be gone anyways and I'm hoping Baltimore doesn't overpay for him. He's definitely the least important out of the free agents that played a substantial role.
Sure, but why wouldn't you count those? A lot of those guys are going to get their tenders. NOt all of them, but at the least you have a few million bucks. So maybe you are 7-10 under and then Flacco hits you for 15ish.

Thanks for the website though, good resource for sure.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think i would throw my tv out the window if the pats drafted denard robinson that early.... gross

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
Teams that build around QBs tend to make sure they constantly have the right pieces around him. You aren't far from not having very good weapons for Luck to work with. I think ALlen is a tremendous value and a good investment. Same way Fleener was though the D needed help more. The Colts also have a lot of cash to spend in free agency and I think they'll find a G and an OLB there. Probalby Anthony Spencer at OLB IMO. My bad on the LT comment though, should have just said OL.

edit - also Hilton drops a ton of passes. He and Avery accounted for 22, the top duo on one team in the league IIRC. He's an explosive player, but a #3 in the end IMHO.
I think you are right about building around a QB, but if they choose to neglect the defense again it will be with OL. TY Hilton turned it on later in the year and had some of our greatest output. We can invest later rounds on a WR, but OL needs to be fixed.

Right now for OL we have
Castonzo-Joe Reitz-Samson Satele-Mike McGlynn-Winston Justice(pending FA)

Castonzo is fine. Joe Reitz is average and nothing to be excited about. He gets injured frequently and isn't reliable. At Center we have Satele who is just awful. He gets pushed around constantly and can't stay on the field. Thankfully AQ Shipley is decent and should be starting in Satele's place. Mike McGlynn is a waste of roster space and doesn't deserve to be on the team IMO. He can't handle any studder and rarely gets his hands on the rusher. Winston Justice Could be gone, but if he stays he is decent enough as a starter.

So in essence I see Castonzo-Reitz-Shipley-?-?

We have a lot of cap space and I guess it is just speculation on where they go with it, but I'm not sure we can find at worst 2-3 starters in one offseason. Nor do I think that is preferable. It would be good to get some youth on the line as well.

Luck managed fine with the receivers he had. No they aren't the best, but the team as a whole can't afford to burn a first rounder on a WR. Not with more glaring needs. Also, with Arians gone we will run a more West Coast style offense with higher percentage passes. This will cater to the WRs.

I think this is a matter of preference, and I totally understand your reasoning here. I have even worried about this happening on draft day. Regardless, if you ask any Colts fan on this board that has watched the majority of games they will outline WR as a 2nd tier need. No Colts fan would be excited about this pick.

Anyway, you have a right to your opinion. It isn't a stupid thing at all to suggest the Colts go WR, but it would be at the expense of the team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't oppose going OL there, I just don't think WR is out of the question either. I think Allen's a sleeper and one of the the few guys in this class with #1 WR potential. That's a big reason I could see the Colts going for him. Plus I think you can address interior OL in rounds 2,3 and maybe 4 in this draft. I doubt they go OL in round 1 unless its someone they feel is a rock solid starting OT. I don't think that guy is there in this scenario.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the reasoning behind all these picks. It's not a random mock that looks like you're throwing darts blind at the wall.

BTW if DE Ziggy Ansah is still on the board by the 15th pick, I think the Giants will do everything they can to trade ahead of the Cowboys.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have Fluker going at 20 and 38. Just a heads up.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson's my favorite QB in the draft but I can't see him as a top ten pick. I know you can't fool around when it comes to drafting your QB but I can really see him available for our 2nd round pick.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Wilson is probably falling. Good call there. He had a little momentum for a minute, but I think his limitations are coming to the forefront.

My bad on double mocking Fluker and Robinson guys
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
causticon
Rookie

causticon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think MLB is a bigger need for the Broncos than DT. Keith Brooking started most of the season for them. ugh
causticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by causticon View Post
I think MLB is a bigger need for the Broncos than DT. Keith Brooking started most of the season for them. ugh
What happened to Joe Mays? He turned in a solid performance in 2011. Certainly better than I expected. And Wesley Woodyard was pretty darn good at WILL 2011 and 2012.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote