Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I so agree with you vavfy just a **** ******* way to lose . playing calling and piss poor tackling freaking terrible it was! our number one need is cb!!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The decline in defense may screw this stint over in the long run. Unless they get close to their 2011 form, I don't see us getting another ring with this regime.
The defense can still be stout. Like I said, Fangio has to open his eyes and understand teams now have a blueprint. Everyone is goin to spread us out and test the boundaries and make Bowman and Willis earn their money in coverage.

We don t disguise anything we do. There is no mystery to what we do on defense. When we're on, we're incredible. When we're not, its like watching a train-wreck because we really have no plan B. We NEED a plan B. That or you better get some more horses upfront and some better horses on the back-end to play the way you want. People are already ragging on Cully. He had a tough game but like I said its only ONE Revis in this league. The rest are going to give up their share of throws in man coverage. The problem is we are too predictable on D. Offenses know what were going to do and when were going to do it. Fangio needs a Rex Ryan infusion into his scheme. Running a 3-4 gives you the ability to do a lot of things. You can get creative and confuse teams. We are in that 4-2-5, man under look way too much. We NEED to infuse some of that creativity from the offensive side, onto the defense. Fangio likes to keep it simple. Says it makes for less confusion. Seems to me these last two games, guys have been confused plenty so that excuse won't hold anymore.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-04-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I stated last year, I rather lose in the NFCCG than get to the SB lose....its the one game I can't deal with losing...and never had to up until tonight.
I don't know if I feel the same way. Yes, it's weird going 5-1 in Super Bowls now, but you have to get as far as you can. Last year I remember vividly that when we lost it was very painful. The following two weeks were annoying. The party had moved on to the Super Bowl site, and the 49ers were left in the bay area dust. The only thing that would be worse is NOT showing up at the Super Bowl, which is what the 49ers did for the first half of the game. If that continued I would have rather not gone.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Man shut the **** up.

No I'm kidding. But really, it is what it is. I should have saw the signs coming with the terrible defensive play in the last month and a half.
That's exactly the response I was expecting...you'll be fine:-)
Old 02-04-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Roman just laid a huge fart when it mattered most, dammit. this one hurts.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

The problem is, I think Kaepernick has peaked. There are always going to be those flaws that render him inconsistent.

Plus, the offensive system is lame and the defense is nothing to write home about, either. There's no such thing as a "large window" anymore in the NFL, unless you're New England.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we have that 2011 defense we probably win this game. I expect the 49ers to try and build up that defense in the offseason back to being a powerful force.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Reading the posts on other 49ers forums is funny.

Quote:
Refs didn't cost us anything. Shut this ridiculous crap down. We don't want to act like Falcons fans here.
Quote:
f**k that! The refs did cost us the game!!
f**k being civil they f**ked us with no lube!!!!
Quote:
f**k that murderer! Should be behind bars!

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what annoys me is the difference in weaknesses each year.

in 2011 we have an average at best offense but an unreal ST's and defense.

This year we have a good offense but our ST's allows a huge kick return TD AND our defense played like ****.

If you combine the 2011 D and ST's with the 2012 O we win. But the year we get better on offense, we get worse on ST's and D.

Honestly this loss just isnt going away. I get mad every time i think about it. Seeing the confetti stream down New Orleans and 49ers walking off the field as losers has me pissed as ****.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what annoys me is the difference in weaknesses each year.

in 2011 we have an average at best offense but an unreal ST's and defense.

This year we have a good offense but our ST's allows a huge kick return TD AND our defense played like ****.

If you combine the 2011 D and ST's with the 2012 O we win. But the year we get better on offense, we get worse on ST's and D.

Honestly this loss just isnt going away. I get mad every time i think about it. Seeing the confetti stream down New Orleans and 49ers walking off the field as losers has me pissed as ****.

It feels like we squandered away our best chance at a SB. Justin is injured and getting older, Aldon slowed down, our Secondary is trash, and our offensive targets blow.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

LOL awww...

Quote:
I left the room because I did NOT want to see Ray Lewis his BS fake emotions. He started crying when Alicia Keys was singing the National Anthem. What a fake, over-dramatizing prick. I can't stand him and his stupid inspirational idiocy. He had ABSOLUTELY no impact on the game. He looked old, slow, and totally out of place. He missed several tackles and looked like a 50 year old trying to run after our players. He really had no business being in that game if his name were not Ray Lewis. Screw him, and I will make sure not to watch or listen to national media this week so I don't have to hear about him.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 02:34 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
The problem is, I think Kaepernick has peaked. There are always going to be those flaws that render him inconsistent.

Plus, the offensive system is lame and the defense is nothing to write home about, either. There's no such thing as a "large window" anymore in the NFL, unless you're New England.
That is the craziest thing I have heard in quite some time. Kaepernick has only scratched the surface of his ability. Did he look confused out there today? Yes, at times, he did. He has played 10 full games and still has a lot to learn. I think his ceiling is as high as any playcaller in the league.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

How can a player peak in their first 10 starts? The defense is mostly why the 49ers lost today's game. Couldn't stop a nose bleed. Kap took control of the game late and led the 49ers up and down the field. The playcalling near the goal line is what screwed everything up. Even on that interception Randy Moss alligator armed it. So much for being the GOAT.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Harbaugh's extensive answer as to why Gore wasn't used in the final four plays:

"We had other plays called".

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

By the way I can't wait to hear from Dan and Borat.

Dis Gon B Gud.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post

How the hell can you peak in 10 starts? CK didn't play flawless. He left some alot of yards and plays out there. That being said, he was still impressive. He more than held his own with Flaaco. He's still being molded and sculpted by Jimbaugh. He's by no means, a finishied product. I said when he was drafted he needed 3 years on the bench to be a viable option as starter. He's already ahead of schedule. The WCO takes about that time for most QBs to really know the ins and outs and really understand the nuances of the scheme.

The problem is Roman has gone heavy-handed with the spread looks. Part of that is because its been successful so far and its caught defenses off guard. Part of it is because CK's footwork still needs a ton of work, when dropping from under center. He overstrides alot and too often his feet go dead, staring at his first read. All that can be repped out. Right now, he's more comfortable and they feel more comfortable with him in the shotgun and I understand because it gives him that extra second or two to scan the field and not worry about his feet. But going forward, in order for this team to maximize its potential offensively, he will have to improve his meachanics dropping back from under center and running the more traditional WCO packages. That's the only way this team improves their red-zone passing offense....utilizing more WCO concepts in that area of the field. But with talent like his, there's no way he could possibly have peaked. As he get more game experience and he truly understand what defenses are trying to do to him with certain looks and coverages, its over for the rest of the league. His arm talent and mobility are just too good. He'll come back down to earth slightly next year. But his second full year as a starter(2014), I think he'll put up MVP-like numbers. The more time under center and the more defenses throw at him, the quicker the game will slow down for him. And when that happens, this franchise will reap the benefits. Just him becoming a better game manager and using little things like hard counts and quick counts, anticipating routes better and understanding how to throw guys open against certain leverages DBs are using, will show dramatic improvement in him, as a QB.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-04-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Yes, at least Kaepernick makes the future exciting...and while I'm very ticked off at how our staff handled the Super Bowl, at least they'll be back for another year which will provide more continuity for one more season.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Still walking around kinda in shock....haven't slept a wink. I thought we had it. The way we marched down the field with ease....I thought we had it! 5 ******* yards....how the **** do we screw that up? I'd have rather we continued to get blown out. At least I could swallow it and say we just were not ready for the big stage and we got out-classed. But to comeback so emphatically and have the game in our hands, drive 75 yards down the field in the blink of a eye....smfh. No disrespect to the Ravens, but we let'em off the hook. This is going to be a rough week. Hell, who am I fooling, going to be a rough off-season.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 important missed calls really screwed us in the end with the offsides of Ed Reed on the 2 point play and the PI/Holding on fourth down. However i am happy we showed the ability to come back in the game and it just wasn't our day. The defense really need some more depth at the front 7 so we can get those guys some rest. The biggest difference between last year and this was the fact dat Haralson is one of the most underrated players and at the same time he kept Aldon fresh to just do what he can do best. Get some different types of players and just use them to their strengths. Thats i think the biggest problem with our defense. Getting pressure on the QB is the most important thing and with just 4 guys rushing every play you have to have those 4 fresh. At the same time i think we should be more willing to take out Willis or Bowman more and go with 4 corners to cover the other teams 4 receivers.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Dan at? I'm waiting also on what his excuse will be. Will be funny .
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VAfy-ya has it pretty well summed up.

The 4-2-5 defense when the offense spreads the team out is less effective without a dominant rush. Be creative to get more DBs on the field. Maybe only use one DT in a Dime using Pat or Bo as an extra rusher.

Also, the D needs a more effective rotation. They're still a great front-7 but not as dominant as when fresh.

The last 4 offensive plays will stick with me, as well.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being as objective as possible, if that was a PI on the Ravens on the 4th down play then there was a PI on the 49ers on the Falcons 4th down play in the NFCCG
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there where multiple PI on both sides that weren't called.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Being as objective as possible, if that was a PI on the Ravens on the 4th down play then there was a PI on the 49ers on the Falcons 4th down play in the NFCCG
Actually no. Bowman's was inside 5 yards, which is within the rules. The play last night was about 2-3 yards beyond 5 yards. But I'm tired of fans bitching about the PI. It should have never come down to that. Those were horrible play-calls. We ran only one time and didn't force the Ravens to use any timeouts. Again, your easier to defend when you declare what the hell your doing. Shotgun at the 5 yard line 3 consecutive plays? That's bad coaching. John had little brother's number all night. I don't understand how you get down the field being creative then get to the most critical part of the field and just go totally brain dead. UN ******* REAL!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Actually no. Bowman's was inside 5 yards, which is within the rules. The play last night was about 2-3 yards beyond 5 yards. But I'm tired of fans bitching about the PI. It should have never come down to that. Those were horrible play-calls. We ran only one time and didn't force the Ravens to use any timeouts. Again, your easier to defend when you declare what the hell your doing. Shotgun at the 5 yard line 3 consecutive plays? That's bad coaching. John had little brother's number all night. I don't understand how you get down the field being creative then get to the most critical part of the field and just go totally brain dead. UN ******* REAL!
It was at most seven yards past the LoS last night, it looked closer to six, and Crabtree was pushing off of Smith just as much as Smith was pushing Crabtree. Bowman was blatantly holding the Falcons receiver who was not putting his hands anywhere on Bowman. If you could only call one of them a PI it has to be on Bowman and not Smith.

The non-call PI that I had the biggest problem with was on the long ball that was just off of Crabtree's fingertips. The defender grabbed Crabtree twice on the play.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 02-04-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Closed Thread