Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Quote:
According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the St. Louis Rams are expected to reach out to Jauron for their vacant defensive coordinator position.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are your man crushes? I have yet to develop a big one. Last year it was TY Hilton more than anyone else. I would have to say my frontrunners this year are Tavon Austin, Jake Long and Dion Jordan.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Who are your man crushes? I have yet to develop a big one. Last year it was TY Hilton more than anyone else. I would have to say my frontrunners this year are Tavon Austin, Jake Long and Dion Jordan.
Yeah I was a big Fan of Hilton's last year as well, along with Alshon.

This year I love....

Tavon Austin, Markus Wheaton, DJ Swearinger, Tony Jefferson, Knile Davis, Ronnie Wingo, DeAndre Hopkins, Kyle Long, Chance Warmack, Eric Fisher, Sheldon Richardson, Zaviar Gooden, Tyler Bray, Mike Hermann, Theo Riddick, Stedman Bailey, Zach Ertz, Dion Jordan, Jarvis Jones, Kevin Minter, Khaseem Greene, Marcus Lattimore, Tyrann Mathieu, Dennis Johnson, Datone Jones, Brandon Williams, Barkevious Mingo....

I'm in love with these players. It's pretty much an entire round. The big ones would probably be....Tavon Austin, Markus Wheaton, Kyle Long, DeAndre Hopkins, Sheldon Richardson, Zach Ertz and Kevin Minter
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I really like Wheaton and Gooden as well, and have heard great things about Greene. I would be happy with any of them.

I must say, though...that is quite a list you have there! I believe that this is evidence that you watch a LOT of college football!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Ha yeah I guess. A lot is me just watchin the YouTube games and developing crushes on guys. I pay close attention to SEC games just cuz Mizzou is in that conference.

I think Kevin Minter is the best LB in this class. I know Olgetree has potential through the roof but I don't see it on the field, but hey I said the same about Zach brown last year and he had a nice rookie season in Tennessee.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Oh and with school starting, I need to cut down on my draft love lol....which ive found to be alot harder than originally expected.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Don't you go to Missouri Holtbruce?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Don't you go to Missouri Holtbruce?
Ha, for like a year. But I don't anymore. To many distractions.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
This year I love....

Tavon Austin, Markus Wheaton, DJ Swearinger, Tony Jefferson, Knile Davis, Ronnie Wingo, DeAndre Hopkins, Kyle Long, Chance Warmack, Eric Fisher, Sheldon Richardson, Zaviar Gooden, Tyler Bray, Mike Hermann, Theo Riddick, Stedman Bailey, Zach Ertz, Dion Jordan, Jarvis Jones, Kevin Minter, Khaseem Greene, Marcus Lattimore, Tyrann Mathieu, Dennis Johnson, Datone Jones, Brandon Williams, Barkevious Mingo....

I'm in love with these players.
Hopefully none of them think the two of you are exclusive, or else you'll have a lot of explaining to do. ;)
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Ha, for like a year. But I don't anymore. To many distractions.
Gotcha. Well I'm glad you're sticking with it anyway. If I had one thing thing to do over, I would not have let life talk me into putting off school.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I finally got around to watching the Senior Bowl the other day. Here are some of my notes...

Robert Alford - CB - SE Louisiana. Alford started off the game with a nice kick return, almost scoring a touchdown before being run down inside the 30 by Desmond Trufant. Has great burst but not long speed. Regularly made plays in coverage. Is under 5'10". Is 25 years old, which may hurt him a little bit. Would be a steal after round 3.

Jordan Poyer - CB - Oregon St. Poyer made a lot of plays all over the field. I was surprised when I looked him up to see that he was listed as a corner, because he really looks like a safety to me; not due to lack of speed or coverage skills, but because of the way he covers the field and makes plays. He drove through a receiver, jarring the ball loose for an interception. This guy is just a really good football player. His 40 time may determine where he plays at the next level. 3rd/4th round.

Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington. I mentioned Trufant as my "homer" pick a couple of weeks ago, thinking he might be an under-the-radar 5th rounder. Now everyone knows about him and he is being talked about as a Top 50 pick. He has the best coverage skills of any Senior Bowler this year. Never out of position. He ran down Robert Alford to save a touchdown on the opening kickoff, and Mayock raved about his effort, coming all the way from the other side of the field. 5'11" and 190. 2nd rounder.

Leon McFadden, CB, SDSU. I was really excited to see McFadden in this game, but he really didn't show up from what I saw. He is someone I will be looking for when I go back through it. I admittedly always miss plenty the first time through. He had a great week at practice, though, so I will be looking to find more on him.

Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU. We have talked about him plenty and I really liked what I saw. He is a great hitter, but also a sure tackler. He has very good coverage skills for a safety, and didn't look slow at all. A very well rounded player, with a high ceiling. Probably solidified himself as a solid 2nd rounder.

Duke Williams, S, Nevada. Williams was Cyprien's counterpart on the North squad. Was all over the field, really aggressive. Probably not as explosive as Cyprien, but a very good athlete in his own right. Looks like a 4th rounder to me.

Zaviar Gooden, OLB, Missouri. Holtbruce turned me on to this guy, and he was right...this guy is FAST. Not only fast, but a great athlete, and instinctive. I think he would be a great fit with the Rams. He looks very lean to me, and I think he could carry another 10-15 pounds without losing speed or agility.

Khaseeme Greene, OLB, Rutgers. On another thread someone said that Greene was faster than Gooden, and a lot better ball player. If that is the case, he sure didn't show it in this game. He looked bored to me, didn't show me anything that told me he was in anyway excited to become an NFL player. Highly disappointing.

Vince Williams, OLB, Florida St. I didn't know his name before this game. He is thicker than Gooden, but on the short side (6'0", 247). He isn't super fast like Gooden, but has a great burst and was all over the field. I like him in the 3rd/4th round.

Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU. Whatever this guy didn't show this week in practice, he saved for the game. He spent all day in the backfield. His ceiling is extremely high, especially considering he has only played football for 3 years. I'm honestly beginning to wonder if he even makes it to #16. They say he ran a 10.9 100 in 2009 (at 240ish). 6'5", 274, 34 5/8" hands, 82" wingspan. You can't coach those numbers. This guy could really become something special.

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue. Short has decent size (6'3", 308) and was technically sound. Created havoc all over the field. All day long he had me romanticisizing what we could do with him next to Brockers. I hadn't given him much thought, because DT isn't much of a need for us, so this was a pleasant surprise. Definitely a 1st round player.

Zac Dysert, QB, Miami(OH); Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma; Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse; Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas...all sucked ass. I have heard everyone saying this was a weak QB class, but I had no idea they were this bad. I felt bad for the WR's all day, thinking they were being handcuffed in the game because no one could get them the ball. Manuel had a decent game, and Glennon showed flashes, but overall the QB play was the weakest link in this game.

Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida. He runs harder than his size would indicate due to his short, stocky frame (5'9", 209). Eerily similar in stature to Emmitt Smith. Has the burst to turn the corner, and decent hands catching the ball. A lot more powerful between the tackles than I thought he would be. Brings a different skill set to the game than Pead/Richardson. 2nd/3rd round.

Robbie Rouse, RB, Fresno St. All week long they were saying that Rouse was not explosive. I didn't see that at all. He looked like the quickest back on the field, and played harder than his counterparts. Has excellent hands. I hate comparing these prospects to established pro's, but he did remind me of Darren Sproles. 5'6", 186 pounds.

Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon St. If anyone was hampered by poor QB play in this game it was Wheaton. The entire game you could see him working to get on the same page with his QB, with little success. However, his burst and athleticism are evident. He has great hands and runs very clean routes. Needs to get stronger, but has the tools. 2nd/3rd round.

Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas. I was looking forward to seeing him play, and came away so disappointed. His speed is obvious; this guy is a blazer and will likely always be the fastest player on the field at the next level. He has decent hands as well. His problem is that he can't get separation to find the open field to save his life. His field vision is very poor. On short, quick passes he was okay, but he looked lost and was unable to locate the ball downfield. Had no ability to shake free in the return game, even with room to run. He looks to have a strong skill set, but I don't see it translating to the field anytime soon. I was having visions of a faster TY Hilton going into this game, but Hilton is 10 times the football player.

Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor. I was disappointed with Williams as well. He lacks explosion and did not find separation. Even considering the weak QB play, this guy didn't show up. I wasn't real high on him anyway, but now he is way down on my list.

Chris Harper, WR, Kansas St. I really like Harper. He doesn't have the great speed that you look for, but he runs fantastic routes and finds ways to get open. Great hands. I can see him finding a niche as that dependable possession receiver who is money on 3rd and 6. Would be a steal if he falls past the 3rd round.

Russell Shepard, WR, LSU. A real head scratcher here. This guy has all the tools you could want in a receiver...decent size, speed, explosion, hands...but had next to no production in college. My first thought is that the system at LSU really let him down. While he had a similar game to Goodwin, I was left with the feeling that Shepard is a football player whose skill set was ignored. I would definitely take a flier late on this guy.

Tavarres King, WR, Georgia. Has decent size and skillset, but I admit I didn't give him the attention he probably deserves. I will be watching him more closely when I go through the game again.

Michael Williams, TE, Alabama. At first glance, this guy looks like nothing more than an inline blocker, a small tackle if you will. He has nice hands, though, and is more athletic than you might think for a 270 pound TE. While I don't see him ever resembling Jimmy Graham, he has better receiving tools than most big TE's. Besides, the NFL needs another Mike Williams. 6th rounder.

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma. I really like this guy. He has great feet and is fundamentally sound. Really smart, and seems to know where his QB is at all times. I see him being a very good LT somewhere for the next decade. I am now much more comfortable with us taking him at #16 than I was before. After this showing he may not fall that far.

Kyle Long, G/T, Oregon. Long is still my favorite lineman in this draft. His ceiling is really high. He is very likable from a character standpoint, so I don't see his past haunting him too much. Super versatile, I can see him being a really good RT, but will be an excellent guard. I want him. Probably a 2nd rounder now.

Brian Winters, G/T, Kent St. Played LT in college, but with 32" arms will likely be a guard at the next level. Still, he has the athleticism you look for. A really sound technician. I see him as a great lunchpail lineman who you could plug in for years to come. Would be a steal in the 3rd round.

Hugh Thornton, G/T, Illinois. Mayock was calling his name all day long. He looks to be another fundamentally sound player. Has longer arms that Winters, but only 6'3", so will probably be a guard as well. 4th/5th round.

Brian Schwenke, C, Cal. Mayock raved about this kid all day long. One of those guys who doesn't have the great size or tangibles that you look for, but plays with a lot of heart and tenacity, and is fundamentally superior to most guys, which seems to make up for it. Needs to get stronger and lose the baby fat. Not sure where to project him...4-6 maybe?

Thoughts anyone?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I honestly haven't watched the game yet. I had work that day. It's recorded but I just haven't had the desire to sit down and watch it yet. Probably will within the next week or so.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
I honestly haven't watched the game yet. I had work that day. It's recorded but I just haven't had the desire to sit down and watch it yet. Probably will within the next week or so.
Well would you mind gettin on that? We have things to discuss and the Combine is coming soon!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Ravens may need to cut Anquan Boldin for salary cap reasons. I would love to have him here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anquan-boldin/
Old 02-04-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Yeah I am a huge fan of Anquan. Would love him in horns.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adam Schefter is reporting that the Ravens may need to cut Anquan Boldin for salary cap reasons. I would love to have him here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anquan-boldin/
I don't think it's very realistic, to be honest. I don't see much wisdom in signing a 33-year-old receiver for more than 2-3 years. Combine that with Boldin's probable desire to get paid if he does in fact get released, and you're talking about a short term but expensive contract that I don't think the Rams can afford given their current salary cap situation.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I don't think it's very realistic, to be honest. I don't see much wisdom in signing a 33-year-old receiver for more than 2-3 years. Combine that with Boldin's probable desire to get paid if he does in fact get released, and you're talking about a short term but expensive contract that I don't think the Rams can afford given their current salary cap situation.
I wouldn't have any problems with the Rams giving Boldin a 2 year deal worth around 8-9 million total.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't have any problems with the Rams giving Boldin a 2 year deal worth around 8-9 million total.
I really like Boldin, and I think he would be a great addition to our receiving corps. I like the way he runs routes, and how he goes up and snatches the ball away from defenders with entitlement. He is a classy pro, a good guy in the locker room. And he's from Pahokee...every team needs a guy from Pahokee.

2 years/$8 million/1 Super Bowl:-)
Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's the problem I'm getting at, though. I don't see Boldin accepting a deal that's only slightly better than the one Mario Manningham got as a free agent last year (2 yr, $7.375 million), especially with how he's played in the postseason. Maybe he won't get the $7-million-per-year deal he signed with the Ravens in 2010, but I anticipate he'll make a case that he's worth a better average than Eddie Royal.

The other factor is it's been reported the Rams have something like $2 million in projected cap space, so they're going to have some tough decisions to make not only on their own free agents, but also on some guys that are under contract but could be parted with. Then you've got to leave room for the rookies on top of that.

I was a big proponent for a veteran go-to receiver in this free agent market, but the more I read about the Rams' cap situation, the less optimistic I am that they make it happen unless they make some big cuts/restructures.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
That's the problem I'm getting at, though. I don't see Boldin accepting a deal that's only slightly better than the one Mario Manningham got as a free agent last year (2 yr, $7.375 million), especially with how he's played in the postseason. Maybe he won't get the $7-million-per-year deal he signed with the Ravens in 2010, but I anticipate he'll make a case that he's worth a better average than Eddie Royal.

The other factor is it's been reported the Rams have something like $2 million in projected cap space, so they're going to have some tough decisions to make not only on their own free agents, but also on some guys that are under contract but could be parted with. Then you've got to leave room for the rookies on top of that.

I was a big proponent for a veteran go-to receiver in this free agent market, but the more I read about the Rams' cap situation, the less optimistic I am that they make it happen unless they make some big cuts/restructures.
I don't know, at 33 years old I can't imagine ANY team giving Boldin that big of a contract. If that's what he wants, then yes, good luck getting it.

As for the Rams, they do have some tough decisions to make. I'd start by cutting guys like Chris Williams, Wayne Hunter and I'm sorry but I'd let Steven Jackson walk unless he agrees to take a pretty big paycut. IMO we can get by with a Pead/Richardson backfield next year and if we want to draft someone in the middle-late rounds to be the 3rd stringer, I'm all for it. Another guy I'd consider cutting is Quinton Mikell, I think he's what? 7 or 8 million against the cap?

Those are some moves I'd start off with, and you have to make sure you bring back some of your own, guys like William Hayes and Robert Turner.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Boldin's salary with the Ravens for next season is $6 million. I don't see him getting that with another team at his age, not even on a one year deal. We will make cap cuts like every other team and our situation will improve. I find it hard to believe that we can't find a way to fit in a $5 million WR when the Cowboys were able to sign Carr to $10 million a year last year after being heavily penalized for circumventing the cap in a previous year.

I am all on board for cutting out dead weight. I don't think Jackson has much left and I would like to see us let him go and draft a young back in the middle rounds. Someone like LeVeon Bell, Mike Gillislee, or maybe one of the guys from Arkansas. Hunter, Mikell, Williams...let 'em go...as far as I'm concerned, this is a young team with a lot of talent and we probably kept some of those veterans around because cutting them last year wouldn't be advantageous as far as the cap was concerned, and we didn't want to go TOO young all at once. So I don't see us being held captive by our cap situation moving forward.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't know, at 33 years old I can't imagine ANY team giving Boldin that big of a contract. If that's what he wants, then yes, good luck getting it.
I don't think he's going to get a mega deal, but I expect he's going to command more money than guys who aren't even reliable starters in this league.

Quote:
As for the Rams, they do have some tough decisions to make. I'd start by cutting guys like Chris Williams, Wayne Hunter and I'm sorry but I'd let Steven Jackson walk unless he agrees to take a pretty big paycut. IMO we can get by with a Pead/Richardson backfield next year and if we want to draft someone in the middle-late rounds to be the 3rd stringer, I'm all for it. Another guy I'd consider cutting is Quinton Mikell, I think he's what? 7 or 8 million against the cap?

Those are some moves I'd start off with, and you have to make sure you bring back some of your own, guys like William Hayes and Robert Turner.
Chris Williams is a free agent.

Hunter and Mikell both have expensive cap charges, though Mikell backed it up by coming in as one of Pro Football Focus' highest rated safeties of 2012.

Turner might not be a hassle to resign, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Hayes command more than we'd like after his production this season.

We haven't even mentioned Amendola, whom the organization would like to extend.

Point being, all these guys cost money and have to be factored in. Quoting Nick Wagoner on the Rams' website, "The Rams donít figure to be flush with cap space that will allow for a wild spending spree or even a few high profile additions as they did last year with cornerback Cortland Finnegan, center Scott Wells and defensive tackle Kendall Langford."

Unless we see some masterful cap clearing moves, prepare for a lean free agency.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I hear ya. I think we will probably be somewhere in the middle. I also think that we have a lot less needs than in the past, and our main approach will be to get more talented through the draft. I just don't think that, with all the huge contracts floating around in today's game, a $4 million or $5 million per year contract would be that hard to accomplish.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Boldin's salary with the Ravens for next season is $6 million. I don't see him getting that with another team at his age, not even on a one year deal. We will make cap cuts like every other team and our situation will improve. I find it hard to believe that we can't find a way to fit in a $5 million WR when the Cowboys were able to sign Carr to $10 million a year last year after being heavily penalized for circumventing the cap in a previous year.
It's a bit funny that you talk about how great Boldin is, only to turn around and argue he's not going to get much interest as a potential free agent or that he could be had for relatively cheap. Seems very much like wishful thinking, but hey, I hope you're right. I'd love for Bradford to have a legit go-to guy. But IMO, if the Rams have $5 million in their budget for a wide receiver, they're more likely to use it on Amendola than on Boldin.

As for the Cowboys, they were not in as poor of shape as you describe. They had over $12 million in cap space in January of last year before really doing anything, and they were only hit with $10 million in cap penalties that they were allowed to spread over two years. They ended up under the cap by $7 million and change by June.

So yes, things can be done to free up some space, and I expect the Rams will do some of that. But I haven't read anything by anyone who follows and reports on the team where they expect the Rams to do much in free agency, whereas reports at this time last year still expected Dallas to be players in free agency.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:02 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Fair enough. I guess I see there being a movement towards younger, more explosive weapons in the NFL. Maybe it is wishful thinking.

I know one thing...I have more excitement for this offseason than even last. We have a lot to look forward to! And I fully trust my head coach and GM. How is that for a change?
Closed Thread