Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-11-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib

I really like this kid's potential.

He rarely turns the ball over, he's mobile, his accuracy has been solid over the last 2 years and he stands tall in the pocket.

He also had Doug Marrone, the OC for Drew Brees when he took off in the NFL in New Orleans, coaching him up.

I think he's the most underrated QB in the draft. Thoughts?

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:27 AM    (permalink
burkorama
Rookie

burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.burkorama is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I really like this kid's potential.

He rarely turns the ball over, he's mobile, his accuracy has been solid over the last 2 years and he stands tall in the pocket.

He also had Doug Marrone, the OC for Drew Brees when he took off in the NFL in New Orleans, coaching him up.

I think he's the most underrated QB in the draft. Thoughts?
Hmm. Maybe a little mobility, but he's far from a running threat in the NFL. Seems like he would only be slightly above-average there, if at all--certainly doesn't have the speed to be one of those guys who, while not deadly running the football, has legs that the defense has to keep in mind (like Rogers, A. Smith, etc). His athleticism and arm-strength are also pretty underwhelming, and his release is a bit front-heavy sometimes. All that said, he's had three good years, does some things well, and everyone seems to like him. Read an article yesterday that quoted some NFL GM's saying he was a better prospect than Tannehill and Weeden, though I don't see it at all.
burkorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His release is a bit heavy but it's quick and accurate. I think hes got all the tools to be an nfl starter and a good one. Did well elevating the play of his team which has too be looked at. Great leadership and character.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year's Andy Dalton to me. Not a very special talent, but is well coached, has the attention to detail, very smart and a strong leader. Someone's going to get him in the 2nd, maybe 3rd round and he's going to be starting for them pretty quickly.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt draft him in the top 50, personally.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bills draft him I will laugh. If you are a struggling NFL team, everyone knows the best way to turn it around is to raid Syracuse.

I do think he could develop into a good QB though. I like what rawdag said, I think his ceiling is a Dalton type of player. I don't think he will be that good that soon but he could play early. Could be a solid QB in this league if he ends up in the right situation, but he probably won't have an AJ Green to throw to.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do get the appeal with Nassib. I would draft him in the 2nd with no issue but I think the first round is a bit of a stretch. He was an option QB in HS I believe so it should be interesting to see what kind of measureables he puts up. I like his size and arm strength. He seems pretty well put together and solid bodywise. He was a three year starter and has played alot of football all the while improving each year and playing in Marrone's offense. Considering Marrone's ties to Parcells/Payton and the Saints I think it makes him a pretty appealing prospect in that regard.

Buffalo has some solid offensive pieces in place so I do not think he would end up going to some desolate situation if he ended up there.

He also seems like a really bright kid - undergrad in Finance and going for a Master's in Accounting.

Last edited by SolidGold : 01-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's got a better arm than Dalton and Buffalo need a big time arm talent particularly late in the year - but the pick might be too obvious!

Throws the fastball too often - must learn touch. Accuracy is OK, but could improve. Feet are good and pretty good with his eyes.

If he had Zac Dysert's ability to take something off his passes, then I would say he could be a 1st rounder - but I think second round is a solid pre-Senior Bowl ranking.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with a lot that's been said. He has a lot of tools NFL teams will fall in like with. Good size & bulk at 6'3, 230, above average mobility, live arm, accurate, decisive, anticipates well, smart, tough as nails.

Two star recruit from West Pa that's improved every year in college in a Pro system with weak FBS talent around him. One of the only Senior QB's who improved during his final year.

Kinda reminds me of Jake Locker with better accuracy but not as athletic. He's certainly a better prospect than Brandon Weeden and in the post CBA world QB's get taken about 10-20 spots higher than expected. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in the 1st.

Senior Bowl week is going to be huge for him.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Agree with a lot that's been said. He has a lot of tools NFL teams will fall in like with. Good size & bulk at 6'3, 230, above average mobility, live arm, accurate, decisive, anticipates well, smart, tough as nails.

Two star recruit from West Pa that's improved every year in college in a Pro system with weak FBS talent around him. One of the only Senior QB's who improved during his final year.

Kinda reminds me of Jake Locker with better accuracy but not as athletic. He's certainly a better prospect than Brandon Weeden and in the post CBA world QB's get taken about 10-20 spots higher than expected. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in the 1st.

Senior Bowl week is going to be huge for him.

He's from Eastern PA. I wouldn't say he is certainly a better prospect than Weeden especially if age is taken out. Weeden had more upside and even more polish in his deep passing game and eluding pressure.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He's from Eastern PA. I wouldn't say he is certainly a better prospect than Weeden especially if age is taken out. Weeden had more upside and even more polish in his deep passing game and eluding pressure.
I considered age. Two knocks I have on Nassib is velocity control and his deep ball. It gets really ugly at times.

I thought the Western part of PA were the only ones allowed to develop QB's.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could this kid be Philly's second round pick with Kelly in town?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russ Lande's #1 overall prospect now for 2013. Not just top QB-top overall prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Russ Lande's #1 overall prospect now for 2013. Not just top QB-top overall prospect.

Maaaan Russ Lande really loves Nassib. Is this projection based on what he's hearing or how he grades?

At least he's not an echo.

EDIT: Alison Brie could get all of it.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post

LOL, Rus Lande needs to get a hold of himself.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His poor accuracy is a product of HIGHLY inconsistent mechanics.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a 3rd rounder to me right now.

I like him fine, the QB class a whole is just pretty weak at the top and unimpressive. Lots of 2nd-3rd round prospects
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me he's somewhat similar to a Christian Ponder. When it's all said and done don't be surprised if he goes a lot higher than most in here would think.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me of a poor mans Jake Locker, and that's saying something
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
To me he's somewhat similar to a Christian Ponder. When it's all said and done don't be surprised if he goes a lot higher than most in here would think.
I agree. You might even call him Ponder with a stronger arm.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
Maaaan Russ Lande really loves Nassib. Is this projection based on what he's hearing or how he grades?

At least he's not an echo.

EDIT: Alison Brie could get all of it.
I think it's all his grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russ Lande says stuff like this every year. The stuff he ultimately publishes in Sporting News tends to be more "inside the box," but he generally has some pretty unconventional rankings.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Russ Lande says stuff like this every year. The stuff he ultimately publishes in Sporting News tends to be more "inside the box," but he generally has some pretty unconventional rankings.
I know it's always a gamble but if I were the Chiefs and wanted Nassib I'd be begging teams to take the pick. I wouldn't stop at trading the pick just once either.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Kevin Kolb as the perfect comparison to Nassib.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy's website is hilarious. He has "select" scouting reports where basically he boasts about his biggest hits. These hits include liking Jovan Haye and disliking Eric Shelton. And it goes back to Brady's draft class!
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote