Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some positive news about Terrell Thomas

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...atest-comeback

Still a long way to go, but early signs seem positive. Let's not forget how well Adrian Peterson came back.

I don't think we should count of Thomas this year, if he can make it back it will be a very pleasant bonus.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Some positive news about Terrell Thomas

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...atest-comeback

Still a long way to go, but early signs seem positive. Let's not forget how well Adrian Peterson came back.

I don't think we should count of Thomas this year, if he can make it back it will be a very pleasant bonus.
It's going to be a long process. When was his most recent surgery or did he even get surgery this time?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't hold your breathe guys. I'm rooting for him but he's done. Even if he comes back he's a ticking time bomb.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And just for reference, I was able to starting light jogging exactly 3 months after I tore my ACL and I'm obviously not an athlete. I was doing band work and leg press stuff within a week or two. If he had the surgery in September, he is well behind that pace. I wouldn't expect him at all in 2013.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw guys, I still want Randy Moss.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we are officially in the offseason.

Quote:
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Surprising move here, I think: Giants cut LB Michael Boley today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's not surprising. He didn't start the final 3 games of the season. The writing was on the wall.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And he was mediocre as well. His strength was TE coverage and that took a big hit this year, and he was god awful vs the run. And he was expensive and old. This needed to be done.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm not really surprised at this move at all. He had a down year for sure and like you said he was barely seeing any snaps as the year went on. For his high cap hits the next 2 years this was absolutely the right move. I wonder how much cap room we saved? Looking at Spotrac possibly $10 million?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-05-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Does that one move get us under the cap? I think it could. Roughly that seems to save 2.85 million.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I'm not really surprised at this move at all. He had a down year for sure and like you said he was barely seeing any snaps as the year went on. For his high cap hits the next 2 years this was absolutely the right move. I wonder how much cap room we saved? Looking at Spotrac possibly $10 million?
No that can't be right. 4.25 base salary. 7 million dollar signing bonus divided by 5 equals 1.4. 4.25-1.4 is a rough number.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Does that one move get us under the cap? I think it could. Roughly that seems to save 2.85 million.
Yeah whoops I thought he had 2 years remaining on his deal but I misread. Looks it saved about $4 million though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woah. well, we just need Jacquian to stay healthy to be our cover guy at LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It also opens the door for us to potentially draft Oggetree if the staff doesn't trust JWill to stay healthy.
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think so, but we need to clear a fair bit more room to resign some of our players.

The fact we are looking at extensions for both Nicks and Cruz means we have a ways to go cap wise.

I think we are busy trying to rework some deals before free agency starts next month.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OR WE COULD PICK KHASEEM #boom #dreamstillalive
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

According to Spotrac his estimated cap hit next year was $5.9 million. His base was $4.25 and the SB was $1.4. We save the base money with the release correct?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think so, but we need to clear a fair bit more room to resign some of our players.

The fact we are looking at extensions for both Nicks and Cruz means we have a ways to go cap wise.

I think we are busy trying to rework some deals before free agency starts next month.
I get that. But we have to be under the cap by what date? At least this buys us time to rework deals.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
According to Spotrac his estimated cap hit next year was $5.9 million. His base was $4.25 and the SB was $1.4. We save the base money with the release correct?
Yes that's correct. I did it as if he had a second year left as well.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Get ready guys. This is just the beginning. We're gonna see a lot of changes this year. It's the right call. We need new blood on the team. The championship group had a nice 5 year run but their time is up.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think the D gets a big rework. The offense should basically be the same except for some of the OL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's what I ideally want. Keep the O but don't overspend on the OL, keep KP, Prince, and JPP and blow up the rest of the defense where applicable.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

and I'm totally ok with all of that. Honestly, if we keep the O intact and draft all defense...I'd be perfectly fine with that.

re-sign Marty B, draft all D. Nicks-Cruz-Randle is sexy. Bradshaw-Wilson-Brown is awesome. We could use upgrades on the OL, but unless Lane Johnson falls in our laps, Beatty-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Locklear/Brewer is serviceable for one more year. Infuse all D this year. Fresh blood. New attitude. Then we can look hard at upgrading the OL
Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I believe KP is a goner. I hope his knee condition scares teams away but I just don't think he'll be around. I totally hope I'm wrong though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And just for reference, I was able to starting light jogging exactly 3 months after I tore my ACL and I'm obviously not an athlete. I was doing band work and leg press stuff within a week or two. If he had the surgery in September, he is well behind that pace. I wouldn't expect him at all in 2013.
No offense, but with any injury, especially ACL injuries, you can't really compare one case to another.