Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
If warmack grades out real high for them and hes sitting at 17, they might pull the trigger. It would be a cap stone to a dominante offensive line.

Adams, Warmack, Pouncey, Decastro, Gilbert....holy ****

might seem excessive, but maybe it will put an end to musical lineman and anything to do with doug legursky starting
eh yeah maybe overkill but look at the 49ers line with staley davis and iuptui - 3 first round picks

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all the linemen they take in the later rounds turn out to be bums (except colon, who i always liked but its time to move on)

Its not common at all to find a stud in the 3rd+ round of the draft when it comes to offensive linemen....theres a handful, but few and very far in between.

We tried tirelessly to find our carl nicks or jason peters but now it needs to be fixed....look at essex, stephenson, stapleton, legs, hills, chris scott, shipley...all are nobodies. We tried signing centers but mahan and hartwig were historically bad, hartiwg hasnt played in a few years an he STILL leads the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 5-6 years lol

Think about Marvel Smith, Alan Faneca, Jeff Hartings, Kendall Simmons, and Max Starks

thats 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd...and i think we can all agree how beastly that line was even if simmons and starks were average

Adams, Warmack, Pouncey, Decastro, and Gilbert would be a 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 and would be scary good. Upgrading your guards like that will make the tackles so much better, its the saints approach and why they can attack the seams and use sproles in the pasing game, because evans and nicks were so good that it didnt matter who was playing tackle because their jobs were so much easier.

That line would probably me mentioned with Roaf, Shields, waters one day

Last edited by K Train : 02-05-2013 at 01:22 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all the linemen they take in the later rounds turn out to be bums (except colon, who i always liked but its time to move on)

Its not common at all to find a stud in the 3rd+ round of the draft when it comes to offensive linemen....theres a handful, but few and very far in between.

We tried tirelessly to find our carl nicks or jason peters but now it needs to be fixed.

Think about Marvel Smith, Alan Faneca, Jeff Hartings, Kendall Simmons, and Max Starks

thats 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd...and i think we can all agree how beastly that line was even if simmons and starks were average
couldnt agree more - you cant expect to catch lightning in a bottle

if warmack is there i would be shocked if we didnt pull the trigger

Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

[quote=Hines;3265706]I like Ogletree and believe he's going to be a player, but he will get ate up in our system. Dude is a sideline to sideline LB, not a guy to take on blocks.

good to know - i have not seen a ton of coverage of all players but im slowly getting there

question though -

i know ogletree is a former safety then went ILB at george - he is listed at 6'3" 235

foote is listed at 6'1" 239

obviously a bit bulkier but comparable, no?

plus the way the league is transforming with super freak TE's the LB's kind of have to be a bit more lean

and doesnt timmons play our SILB pos? (forget if thats mack or buck)

Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not opposed to Warmack at all. He's a beast.

I'd rather have a stud defender but go with whatever player they grade the highest.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=mikehop05;3266214]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I like Ogletree and believe he's going to be a player, but he will get ate up in our system. Dude is a sideline to sideline LB, not a guy to take on blocks.

good to know - i have not seen a ton of coverage of all players but im slowly getting there

question though -

i know ogletree is a former safety then went ILB at george - he is listed at 6'3" 235

foote is listed at 6'1" 239

obviously a bit bulkier but comparable, no?

plus the way the league is transforming with super freak TE's the LB's kind of have to be a bit more lean

and doesnt timmons play our SILB pos? (forget if thats mack or buck)
Yes he does, but I think they'd rather got for a thumper type LB. I wouldn't be apposed to Ogletree, though. I don't think he'll be on our first round list due to his two suspensions, but Colbert did say that it won't shy him away from a player.

I would love Womack, but I just don't think the team will go OL till the third day.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Wexell tweeted this morning that the Steelers WILL NOT draft Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, or John Jenkins in the first round. I think Jones would be too good to pass up, but I can see why they wouldn't. His reasons for Jones is that he's old(23) and too small for OLB in a 34.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jim Wexell tweeted this morning that the Steelers WILL NOT draft Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, or John Jenkins in the first round. I think Jones would be too good to pass up, but I can see why they wouldn't. His reasons for Jones is that he's old(23) and too small for OLB in a 34.
Why would I believe him? Something about UGA?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Why would I believe him? Something about UGA?
Jones- medical, age(Steelers draft younger players in first round), size

Ogletree- can't take on blocks for Steelers scheme, suspensions

Jenkins- age(24) and fat

Ogletree and Jenkins I can see, but I'd be VERY surprised if they passed on Jones.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Jarvis is "old" though, not like hes 25.

Id love Jarvis Jones so much, he could easily be a ROY candidate playing next to keisel
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

very surprised to see jones on that tweet as well this morning

for all his negatives i would think his potential and value at 17 would outweigh

Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

new dream offseason:

sign bowe
draft lacy
have no one get hurt

so obviously then:

score 45points a game
ben = mvp
super bowl 48 = ours
win super bowl bet (18-1)
make it rain on hoes

Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

curious as to your guys thoughts on the top 5 or so WR's in the draft

Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

1) Keenan Allen
2) Cordarrelle Patterson
3) Tavon Austin
4) DeAndre Hopkins
5) Terrance Williams
Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) Keenan Allen
2) Cordarrelle Patterson
3) Tavon Austin
4) DeAndre Hopkins
5) Terrance Williams
No Justin Hunter?? ... he's my favorite WR in this draft, going 2 years off the injury he should be 100%
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

id put hunter at 3 and austin at 6
Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
No Justin Hunter?? ... he's my favorite WR in this draft, going 2 years off the injury he should be 100%
Hunter 6, Woods 7. Hunter doesn't give 100 percent effort all the time and didn't look the same after the injury. I also heard he's a little diva, though if he's there in the second, I take him in a heartbeat.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Ok so even though i crave bowe...without bowe i would like:

Sign Delanie Walker
Sign Chris Canty

Draft:

Cordarelle Patterson
Matt Elam
Brandon Jenkins
BW Webb
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised to see Jones on Wexells list, the other two I can understand. Other than the medical issues, I don't think there's a true reason to discard him. He's not too old, Woodley was a similar age when we drafted him, Marcus Gilbert too. It's true we do draft young in the first, with basically every single guy in the Tomlin era was either 21 in their first season:

Timmons - Currently 26, 6 seasons in NFL
Mendenhall - Currently 25, 5 seasons in NFL
Hood - Currently 25, 4 seasons in NFL
Pouncey - Currently 23, 3 seasons in NFL
Heyward - Currently 23, 2 seasons in NFL
DeCastro - Currently 23, 1 season in NFL

John Jenkins is huge, and the team just doesn't like guys that big. I remember reading during the Ta'amu arrest stuff that he was measured at 325 or 330 lbs., less than the 340-350 he was constantly listed at.

Ogletree right now sort of reminds me of Timmons when he first came out, good speed, but not a prototypical 3-4 ILB. Timmons put on some weight and took some time to learn the position, but we had both Farrior and Foote entrenched as starters, so he didn't have to step in immediately. We're not int he same situation right now. Ogletree would be similar, put on some weight, and learn to take on/shed blockers. That's the issue with Spence too though, so maybe Ogletree might be a candidate.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Older guys probably aren't a big deal to the Steelers in other rounds than the first. Lately it seems like we have been drafting guys that are 21 years old.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

timmons was drafted to replace porter though, no one knew harrison was gonna be so damn good

took him an awful long time to grow into the position but hes a total stud now
Old 02-07-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

allen just seems like another guy to me - idk what it is... i like his size though

hopkins seems like a big time play maker to me - as does patterson

Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Allen to me look SOOOO much like Javon Walker

I love pattersons open field ability, great vision and cutting ability for a 6-3 guy
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Allen to me look SOOOO much like Javon Walker
Can't tell if compliment or..

Old 02-07-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

not a complaint at all, i love allen. Walker was a beast pre knee injuries