Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shout outs to Ozzie Newsome for not resigning Grubbs then getting KO. I know a lot of ppl were mad to see Grubbs go but we got a guy just as good and if we re signed Grubbs we would be beyond ****** when it comes to the salary cap now.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats Ravens Fans!
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Shout outs to Ozzie Newsome for not resigning Grubbs then getting KO. I know a lot of ppl were mad to see Grubbs go but we got a guy just as good and if we re signed Grubbs we would be beyond ****** when it comes to the salary cap now.
Yeah, KO is a beast. That was a nice get. I didn't think he'd be as good as he is now.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Flacco's not elite stupid ravens fans
Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccB View Post
Joe Flacco's not elite stupid ravens fans
mah ninja.

what's good man. missed you around here during the playoff run. is your IP still banned?

Last edited by TACKLE : 02-07-2013 at 12:04 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
mah ninja.

what's good man. missed you around here during the playoff run. is your IP still banned?
It was a magical run man...I tried posting a few times throughout the season but proxys are so clunky that it wasn't worth waiting 25 minutes a time to post. But I moved so this IP isn't banned yet so shhhhhh certain people want me eliminated.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long time NFLDC.

So happy for our city and all the Ravens fans. :)

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CCbg and jkpigskjn all we need is Eru and big dawg to come by
Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The gang is almost all here! Yeah us!

Flacco really stepped up this postseason. I hope that this offense can continue to move forward with Caldwell and Castillo running the show.

We immediately need to resign Flacco & Ellerbe. Kruger will get paid somewhere else and will get more minutes. Its a shame that he really has developed into the player we hoped he could be but in his last year really. 9 sacks plus 4.5 more in the playoffs means he will be paid too much for us to compete in FA. Cary Williams was great and its sucks for us we couldn't get him signed before the season; he too will earn his money in FA.

I just really hope that Reed either retired or doesn't make a huge problem for us to resign. I would hate hate hate to see him on another team, especially someone like the Patriots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
In fact there's a lot of older veterans that could be gone next season. I posted this on another forum but there's a real chance the seven oldest players on the team won't be back next season. Ray Lewis (37), Bobbie Williams (36), Matt Birk (36), Ed Reed (34), Ma'ake Kemoeatu (33), Bryant McKinnie (33), and Chris Johnson (33). You might be able to stretch that into the top ten guys with Anquan Boldin (32), Brendan Ayanbadejo (32), and Vonta Leach (31). I don't expect all of them to be gone but quite a few of them could be due to various reasons.
I think Kemoeatu, Boldin, Ayanbadejo, & Leach are all back probably. Kemo & Ayanbadejo are fairly cheap, and Leach & Boldin are just too important for the offense in my eyes. I wouldn't be surprised to see McKinnie get paid solidly by another team after his great stretch in the playoffs.

In the draft I really like the idea of looking for a developmental safety too, or if Reed is gone a guy to start now. We also need to look out for a OT because I think Oher is the only legit one we have next year. I also wouldn't be against some DL. I'm not sold on Cody and Kemo is only a vet rotational player. Our run defense was bad this year and it started up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Ayanbadejo is probably still going to be around since it would almost cost as much for a veteran on a minimum deal as he does. I don't really see Boldin or Leach being gone either I just though it as interesting seeing how many older guys are in question for next season. Kemoeatu is a free agent and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him retire. The team would probably be able to keep him around on a cheap contract although he's not a good player anyways.

The Ravens already took their developmental safety last year. Christian Thompson was/is pretty raw and he was placed on injured reserve about halfway through the season but I really don't think they need to bring in another guy like that. If Reed is gone they definitely need a player that can start now.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems as if Anquan is motivated to stay in Baltimore: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ased-by-ravens
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he is open to either renegotiating his salary or a new deal that pushes money into years/incentives he won't actually get. He just kicked ass in the playoffs and I don't want to lose him, but cash is tight right now.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I hope he is open to either renegotiating his salary or a new deal that pushes money into years/incentives he won't actually get. He just kicked ass in the playoffs and I don't want to lose him, but cash is tight right now.
My exact thoughts. Would suck to lose him now, given his resurgence after Caldwell took over. Him and Torrey compliment each other so well. Would be great with something like a 3 year deal with the incentives you mention. Something that could save us a couple of mill would be gold right now.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
CCbg and jkpigskjn all we need is Eru and big dawg to come by
What about Mikedoobie?

KFFL reporting Flacco, Reed, and Ellerbe are the focus this offseason. I don't mind letting Cary (who was among the worst in the league giving up first downs) and Kruger (1 trick pony) take their big deals elsewhere. We just can't afford them and have adequate replacements. Ellerbe should command a deal slightly above McClain, but ILBs just don't break the bank these days. 4yr/16-20 million. Reed will be expensive, but I think he's necessary in keeping the defense together. We need someone on the field who can put guys in place. 3 yr/20 million. Of course Flacco will strike a monster deal, but hopefully he'll recognize he can achieve some of his performance bonuses by having a better team. Ideally, he'd take 6 years/105 million or something close.

Last edited by America : 02-11-2013 at 01:53 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
We/Are/Champions
Rookie

We/Are/Champions is a cocksman.We/Are/Champions is a cocksman.We/Are/Champions is a cocksman.We/Are/Champions is a cocksman.We/Are/Champions is a cocksman.

Ravens are the champs!!!! In my opinion if it wasn't for the blackout the game would of never been close. The Niners got lucky and the momentum went their way. I give them props for capitalizing on an opportunity but at the end we have the trophy. AAAAAAAAHHHHH Been awhile since I got to read these forums.
We/Are/Champions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
What about Mikedoobie?

KFFL reporting Flacco, Reed, and Ellerbe are the focus this offseason. I don't mind letting Cary (who was among the worst in the league giving up first downs) and Kruger (1 trick pony) take their big deals elsewhere. We just can't afford them and have adequate replacements. Ellerbe should command a deal slightly above McClain, but ILBs just don't break the bank these days. 4yr/16-20 million. Reed will be expensive, but I think he's necessary in keeping the defense together. We need someone on the field who can put guys in place. 3 yr/20 million. Of course Flacco will strike a monster deal, but hopefully he'll recognize he can achieve some of his performance bonuses by having a better team. Ideally, he'd take 6 years/105 million or something close.
Yeah I think what's being lost in all the "Ed Reed is expendable at this point in his career" talk that we're seeing across the media is the impact that would have on the locker room. Losing a Ray Lewis is devastating from a leadership standpoint - losing him and Reed, the other vocal leader of the defense, in the same offseason would be unpleasant. I'd be very happy if we managed to retain Flacco, Reed and Ellerbe. Cary isn't worth the $5 mill a season he already turned down from us, I doubt we'll pay him more now. Kruger has developed much better than I ever would have given him credit for, but he's still probably expendable with Upshaw playing very well at the end of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah I think what's being lost in all the "Ed Reed is expendable at this point in his career" talk that we're seeing across the media is the impact that would have on the locker room. Losing a Ray Lewis is devastating from a leadership standpoint - losing him and Reed, the other vocal leader of the defense, in the same offseason would be unpleasant. I'd be very happy if we managed to retain Flacco, Reed and Ellerbe. Cary isn't worth the $5 mill a season he already turned down from us, I doubt we'll pay him more now. Kruger has developed much better than I ever would have given him credit for, but he's still probably expendable with Upshaw playing very well at the end of the season.
Losing Reed would also open up a big hole in the secondary. I agree with everything except the part about Upshaw making Kruger expendable. I like Upshaw a lot but he's not a guy you want to rely on as a pass-rusher. He should be better in that area if he gets in better shape this offseason but I wouldn't want to gamble on it with how important the pass-rush is to a defense.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
DavelinaJolie
Rookie

DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3289897.story

Which is pretty much what I've seen all season. Guy is a liability.
DavelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:39 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

NT is a real possibility in this draft. Depending how our DEs develop also we could kick Ngata inside more often. Ngata was beat up this year so I expect him and Suggs to be much better next year. We shouldn't lose up the middle.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-16-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
LOVE that you still have that Moore sig I made you AGES ago! hahaha
I miss coming here and posting. I'll probably stop by more as its draft season

My views on the off-season matches many of yours.

My top priorities are Flacco, Ellerbe, and Reed. Flacco's a done deal, I just hope there isn't too much drama involved. Ellerbe is essential as we are losing Ray. I think he was our best LB near the end of the season. I wonder how Jameel Mcclain will fit in our defense next year.

I LOVE Reed. His leadership is underrated and many people have said that his influence may have exceeded Ray's. We gotta keep him from a leadership standpoint. That's way too much to swallow in losing 2 of the best of their respective positions for the past 10 years in the same off-season. Our front office doesn't want to tank on our future? Well start the future now with keeping Ed and keeping him happy.

Cary and Kruger are expendable because we can get cheaper alternatives without needing to pay the big bucks. Both are great stories and the Ravens have an amazing job maximizing these guys' talents. Cary went from back-up to top corner and Kruger went from project to a feared pass rusher. We def got more out of the investment and we have a Ring to show for it.

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't totally understand QBR but Joe Flacco was ranked 25th of 32 this year and had the 1st and 3rd worst games against Houston and Denver. Obviously his playoff performance was great (seriously should thank Rahim Moore), but that inconsistency is maddening. I will never understand why guys demand the absolute max in their contract, sacrificing cap space for supporting players. I know they need to make as much money now while they are young and playing, but with the kind of cash he'll pull in, you could easily live off interest payments from bond investments. Sorry for the rant, but I can't stand when players' egos force the team to make unnecessary sacrifices.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/type/pl...me/order/false
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I don't totally understand QBR but Joe Flacco was ranked 25th of 32 this year and had the 1st and 3rd worst games against Houston and Denver. Obviously his playoff performance was great (seriously should thank Rahim Moore), but that inconsistency is maddening. I will never understand why guys demand the absolute max in their contract, sacrificing cap space for supporting players. I know they need to make as much money now while they are young and playing, but with the kind of cash he'll pull in, you could easily live off interest payments from bond investments. Sorry for the rant, but I can't stand when players' egos force the team to make unnecessary sacrifices.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/type/pl...me/order/false
He also frequents the worst playoff performance list. (His showing in the 2010 playoff game at New England doesn't appear because he didn't throw enough passes) Then again, Brady is on there a few times but I also think he's horrifically overrated. And Peyton Manning isn't on the bottom 50 once. I'm just very nervous he rides this postseason to a big contract and ends up being the same average Joe he used to be.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Totally agree man, but I think we will see less of the "inconsistent" Joe next year. Big reason is because of Jim Caldwell. I love how he gives Flacco complete control over the offense at times during the game. Joe will still be Joe, but he'll have a much different year next year not because he's now a Super Bowl winning QB, but because of who's at the OC position.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Totally agree man, but I think we will see less of the "inconsistent" Joe next year. Big reason is because of Jim Caldwell. I love how he gives Flacco complete control over the offense at times during the game. Joe will still be Joe, but he'll have a much different year next year not because he's now a Super Bowl winning QB, but because of who's at the OC position.
Even though there is much which indicates, that Caldwell was a big reason our offense and especially Joe startet clicking at the end of the season, I am still not confident, that Joe won't have those mental lapses, where he hit cold streaks, although Caldwell is up in the booth.

Those cold streaks hopefully will me minimized both in numbers and durations. I would also like to point out, that it took a reshuffling of our offensive line for Flacco to hit it of. Once we clogged up the interior pass rush with Osemele and gave him more procection from his blindside, that's when he began giving defenses fits.

Next year will still be the year, where Caldwell has to prove himself. Flacco already did it, but an OC can't rely on 5 good games. What brilliant timing to hit that streak though.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Joe is especially vulnerable under pressure. I'm curious to see if we resign McKinney. I thought he did a great job in the playoffs.