Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-05-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No offense, but with any injury, especially ACL injuries, you can't really compare one case to another.
I know. Which was kind of my point. You can't compare when they happen. But the fact that he's only starting to jog now makes me think this is going to be significantly longer than a one year recovery.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I know. Which was kind of my point. You can't compare when they happen. But the fact that he's only starting to job now makes me think this is longer than a one year recovery.
It might be, I'm not really expecting much from but it's impossible to say. Some guys take 1-2 years to fully to recover, others are freaks of nature like Adrian Peterson and can come back sooner. Just too hard to tell.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley is cut.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am curious to see people's thoughts on this...

IF NYG are unable to sign Cruz to an extension and place the top RFA tender on him, do you think a team would part with a first round pick to sign Cruz?

There are a few playoff teams with decent cap room and are likely looking to upgrade their WRs.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 02-05-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanna make predictions on the next guy cut? My guess is canty which sucks because i like him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about next, but Webster will either be cut or cut and then immediately signed again to a new deal. There is no way we can go into next year with his cap situation the way it is.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably Webster. :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think webster, canty and Diehl are all guys on the chopping block. Id love to have them back, but I doubt it at this point
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm worried Bradshaw is going to get cut also possibly. Hopefully we do cut some of these guys and they re-sign. I'm a bit attached to the guys who won the 2 SB's with us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I also think we should sign Ellerbe in FA if he doesn't re-sign in Baltimore. Williams and Ellerbe on the outside would be a good duo.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I'd be most upset if we didn't bring back Webster out of all the guys mentioned
Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I also think we should sign Ellerbe in FA if he doesn't re-sign in Baltimore. Williams and Ellerbe on the outside would be a good duo.
With Ray and Reed likely leaving, they will re-sign Ellerbe. He also just isn't a Giant. I could never see us signing him.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't know much about his attitude or personality but I thought he'd be a good fit. How is he not a Giant typle player?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets not forget that Boley and Antonio Pierce weren't exactly prototypical giants either in Atlanta and Washington.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Lets not forget that Boley and Antonio Pierce weren't exactly prototypical giants either in Atlanta and Washington.
Totally disagree about that. Especially with Pierce. He was always known as an extremely cerebral player.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought you were referring to their mouthiness and tendency to carry that douchiness off the field with them, not their instincts.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

rumor has it that Bradshaw expects to be cut. hmmm
Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Believe it or not I like these potential cuts and changes. It's going to make us a younger team. It's refreshing actually, and exactly what we need to do. JR is not loyal to a fault like Coughlin and he knows that in order to be competitive we have to hit the reset button. I feel like we hit our peak with this group of players. Do I recommend roster overhaul? No, but some of the excess fat has to go even if they are productive like Webster and Bradshaw, even Cruz if he wants top 3 WR money.

I can wash my hands and be done with Bradshaw, Boley, Webster, and Canty even if they were cogs to this team they easily replaced. So many cheaper options are available even Glenn Dorsey would probably be a lot cheaper than Canty and give us the same production, if Rivers re-signs he gives us exactly what Boley did (BIG IF, if he stays healthy), and Bradshaw can already be replaced in house with Brown and Wilson and possibly a late round pick/UDFA. The only guy I would make an effort to restructure or give a new contract to is Webster, although Amukamara looks like he's going to have to step up and be the top corner Webster can still be a solid #2 and I don't think he would be easily replaced unless we go corner in round 1 (I think Hosley is going to be strictly a slot guy.)

On another note Cruz wanting top 3 WR money is laughable... he is a good player but god damn is he over rated. Nicks is so much better and more important than Cruz, its a shame he has a hard time staying healthy. If he demands that money I let him go and I take Robert Woods round 2, rich man's Steve Smith (Our Steve Smith).

Bone Krusher, the best

Last edited by Malaka : 02-06-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I have a bit of a feeling that we end up losing Cruz in RFA and end up getting some team's #1.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-06-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a bit of a feeling that we end up losing Cruz in RFA and end up getting some team's #1.
I'll take it.

I love Cruz but the man is so overrated.

If I am Philbin I sign Greg Jennings and trade for Cruz. Talk about setting Tannehill up for success haha.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 02-06-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think he's overrated for our system and it would hurt to lose him. Reese will have to find that balance between fair deal for him and us. That's a lot of production to make up for.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine win these cuts. It's time to clean house. Lets gut the roster. It got old and stale, it's time for some youth to step up and show what they can do. We have a lot of money tied to mediocre production and its time to start fresh.

If all these cuts help us re-sign Nicks and Cruz I'm all for it. Webster, Canty, Bradshaw, Diehl, Boley, Osi. I wish we threw Tuck in there too but I know that's not happening. Wouldn't mind Snee or Boothe gone too. Its time to rebuild.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think he's overrated for our system and it would hurt to lose him. Reese will have to find that balance between fair deal for him and us. That's a lot of production to make up for.
I agree he is excellent for our system and it would definitely hurt to lose him. (Who would we replace him with? Randle? LOL. I do like Woods in round 2 if Cruz is gone.)

I would love to bring him back for a fair deal. However, I laugh whenever I hear him demanding top 3 receiver money. He is barely top 10. He is not worth that cap hit although WR automatically becomes one of our biggest needs if he goes. If we can get a first round pick for him and not have way overspend to keep him, I am happy; he is no Megatron/Moss/Green... he is replaceable.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 02-06-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm fine win these cuts. It's time to clean house. Lets gut the roster. It got old and stale, it's time for some youth to step up and show what they can do. We have a lot of money tied to mediocre production and its time to start fresh.

If all these cuts help us re-sign Nicks and Cruz I'm all for it. Webster, Canty, Bradshaw, Diehl, Boley, Osi. I wish we threw Tuck in there too but I know that's not happening. Wouldn't mind Snee or Boothe gone too. Its time to rebuild.
Boothe is a FA. I'd like to bring him back for OL depth. Not sure how he's viewed outside NY but he always does a solid job for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boothe is a FA. I'd like to bring him back for OL depth. Not sure how he's viewed outside NY but he always does a solid job for us.
I like him as a backup like you said. The question is how much will he cost? For the right price I like him as a backup. But he's a player that if he were to start I'd actively look to replace him. We need a road grader next to Beatty.