Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-06-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 - Logan Ryan
2 - Khaseem Greene
3 - Jawan Jamison

Do I win something ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
1 - Logan Ryan
2 - Khaseem Greene
3 - Jawan Jamison

Do I win something ?
scotty's eternal love?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I don't think we are done with cuts yet and expect we are also trying to rework deals.

There is plenty of DT talent in the draft this year, it doesn't have to be round 1
Yeah I expect a lot more cuts, and players we chose not to re-sign. I don't mind going DT later on in the draft.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think DT is definitely a round 1 or 2 need now. Unless we can get some cheap options in free agency. DT typically aren't all that important for us bc we go with so many DEs on the line on passing downs but we are ridiculously thin right now at DT. We basically have 1. That's scary.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Yeah I expect a lot more cuts, and players we chose not to re-sign. I don't mind going DT later on in the draft.
You're such an offense homer. I can't wait till we spend our first on a defensive player and you rant about it lol.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think DT is definitely a round 1 or 2 need now. Unless we can get some cheap options in free agency. DT typically aren't all that important for us bc we go with so many DEs on the line on passing downs but we are ridiculously thin right now at DT. We basically have 1. That's scary.
We have 1 and he is 325 lbs and is purely a 2 down run stuffer. We need to adress the DT position. Thankfully this draft is incredibly deep at all of the OL and DL positions and we can adress our needs and get great value too.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Desmond Bryant from Oak and Jason Jones from Seattle (though he was injured) intrigue me.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woah woah

Kuhn >>>>

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
woah woah

Kuhn >>>>

just oozing sex

Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I actually forgot we had Kuhn. He's a rotation guy though. If Austin was worth a damn we'd be fine. But he sucks.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am thinking that we might look for a bigger space eater style of DT, which is what we wanted when we signed Rogers.

I am intrigued by John Jenkins, I think he would be a good option to replace Canty.

Either way I think we sign a cheap free agent and draft a DT
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giants101.com is reporting that after the Boley, Bradshaw and Canty cuts we are now projected to be $8.6 million under the salary cap for next season.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're such an offense homer. I can't wait till we spend our first on a defensive player and you rant about it lol.
LOL. Well duh! That's like you saying, hey man, You're brown! LOL. Well, that's stating the obvious. I did chose to coach on that side of the ball. However, if that's BPA then I fine about it.

It's an offense driven league, and this year was a year I wasn't too thrilled with our offense across the board. First time in a long time, I can say, play calling, system, injuries, bad play, hurt us. It was god awful at times. We can't have that happen.

Plus I am resigned to the fact our defense and DC is useless. Give him the pro bowl team and the scheme would get bent over! Well, probably not that extreme I hope. I'd be more excited if we had a great, creative DC, let's put it that way. There were times during the year I saw Fewell smiling on the sideline when his defensive scheme was getting owned. I am thinking what on gods green earth, are you smiling about?! Fix it you fool! So that's more of a reason why that side of the ball annoys me.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am thinking that we might look for a bigger space eater style of DT, which is what we wanted when we signed Rogers.

I am intrigued by John Jenkins, I think he would be a good option to replace Canty.

Either way I think we sign a cheap free agent and draft a DT

this man isn't a big space eater style DT?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be surprised if we looked at free agent DTs like Henry Melton, Jason Jones, Terrance Knighton. Sammie Lee Hill or Glenn Dorsey
Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
this man isn't a big space eater style DT?
True, but we could use two, ala what the Panthers did under Fox with their big DTs to anchor their defense.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1 - Logan Ryan
2 - Khaseem Greene
3 - Jawan Jamison

Do I win something ?
I'd say my eternal love, but you already have it <3

we also REALLY need DL help
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Anyone have that list of free agents and RFA for our team this year?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
LOL. Well duh! That's like you saying, hey man, You're brown! LOL. Well, that's stating the obvious. I did chose to coach on that side of the ball. However, if that's BPA then I fine about it.

It's an offense driven league, and this year was a year I wasn't too thrilled with our offense across the board. First time in a long time, I can say, play calling, system, injuries, bad play, hurt us. It was god awful at times. We can't have that happen.

Plus I am resigned to the fact our defense and DC is useless. Give him the pro bowl team and the scheme would get bent over! Well, probably not that extreme I hope. I'd be more excited if we had a great, creative DC, let's put it that way. There were times during the year I saw Fewell smiling on the sideline when his defensive scheme was getting owned. I am thinking what on gods green earth, are you smiling about?! Fix it you fool! So that's more of a reason why that side of the ball annoys me.
I think we have to put things into perspective, last season we scored the most points in franchise history.

There are some issues that need to be addressed offensively (Cruz, Bennett, Beatty and Boothe), but we need to re-tool our defense.

I would expect that some of our defensive needs will be plugged in free agency.

But the draft will be used to build the team for the future 2-3 years down the track usually. I can certainly see a reason to rebuild the trenches. With that said we usually do that in mid rounds. The front office is quite high on James Brewer from all report.

The main areas that we need depth and to build for the future are on defense. I would expect the majority of our picks maybe 2/3 to be on defense.

We did use our last 1st and 2nd round picks on offense
Old 02-06-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Anyone have that list of free agents and RFA for our team this year?
from http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ree-agent-list

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

T Will Beatty -- Hard to find starting left tackles. Might be most important Giants free agent.
DE Osi Umenyiora -- Won't rule out return but sounds ready to move on.
G Kevin Boothe -- Versatile and solid. Giants should bring him back.
TE Martellus Bennett -- Should only get better but will another team offer more money?
S Kenny Phillips -- Would like to see him back but for right price.
LB Chase Blackburn -- Solid vet is an asset but is NYG ready to go with Mark Herzlich?
LB Keith Rivers -- When healthy, showed glimpses of speed and athleticism.
K Lawrence Tynes -- Best NFL kicker until shaky finish. Should still be re-signed.
DT Rocky Bernard -- Cheap and reliable but Marvin Austin needs snaps.
WR Domenik Hixon -- Solid veteran provides depth and a punt returner.
WR Ramses Barden -- Shined in start vs. CAR but didn't get many other opportunities.
QB David Carr -- Knows system and works well with Eli.
TE Travis Beckum -- Injuries hampered Giants career.
T Sean Locklear -- Great until suffering ugly knee injury.
CB Justin Tryon -- Invite to camp?
RB Kregg Lumpkin -- Saw some third-down duties.
DT Shaun Rogers -- Blood clot kept him out of '12.
CB Brian Witherspoon -- Has to come back from another ACL tear.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

WR Victor Cruz -- Time to pay the salsa.
S Stevie Brown -- The surprise of 2012 could be starting safety next season.
RB Andre Brown -- On the mend after broken leg derailed best season.
TE Bear Pascoe -- Versatile and needed for blocking.
RB Ryan Torain -- Didn't play much.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS

DE Adrian Tracy -- 'Yosi' (Young Osi) might see bigger role.
C Jim Cordle -- Good for depth/special teams.
DE Justin Trattou -- Giants like his potential.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In what world has Tynes ever been the best kicker? Because he scores the most points? He can thank Eli for that and the fact that Coughlin doesn't ever let him kick over 45 yards except when he did, for god knows what reason, in Philly.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we all saw this coming. I'm assuming Webster will also be going.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Tynes is a great fantasy kicker cause we suck in the red-zone and he gets 3+ chipshots a game, but he had no power in his leg, he is far from the best kicker

Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I think we have to put things into perspective, last season we scored the most points in franchise history.

There are some issues that need to be addressed offensively (Cruz, Bennett, Beatty and Boothe), but we need to re-tool our defense.

I would expect that some of our defensive needs will be plugged in free agency.

But the draft will be used to build the team for the future 2-3 years down the track usually. I can certainly see a reason to rebuild the trenches. With that said we usually do that in mid rounds. The front office is quite high on James Brewer from all report.

The main areas that we need depth and to build for the future are on defense. I would expect the majority of our picks maybe 2/3 to be on defense.

We did use our last 1st and 2nd round picks on offense

Well going by last year, Wilson and RR will help. Robinson was red shirted, and the OL guys I am not sure about. This draft is deep at the OL position so I expect us to solidify that spot. Snee is getting older and hurt. No RT. Beatty is a FA, and Boothe can be upgraded. Baas is a china doll at center. If this is an offense driven league, then making that side of the ball that much better is always a good thing.

Obviously, BBD and I go back and forth on this. He knows where I am coming from and my rant amuses him. The funny is for couple years he allowed me my mid round OL picks, and we kept drafting them at one point, so that was funny.

BPA is the best way, but ideally, the OL is an area I'd like addressed.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see OL addressed as well, I really want a dominant Oline.

We need to groom replacements for Snee and Bass. Brewer may or may not be the guy at RT.

Defensively

We need to groom a replacement for Tuck at LDE, we need a starting DT.

We likely need one or two starters at LB

We need a starting CB accross from Amukamara (can Webster rebound?)