Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Nassib is alot like Dalton - might be a bit of a better athlete though.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I don't think Nassib is as good as Dalton. And Dalton had a much better college career.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack203 View Post
I don't think Nassib is as good as Dalton. And Dalton had a much better college career.
He also had a much more QB friendly system, and played vs. worse competition.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see the Dalton comparison other than him being an under rated player that will likely go in the second round. But Nassib has a better arm than Dalton I compare him more to a rich man's Chad Henne better mind but similar tools.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I don't really see the Dalton comparison other than him being an under rated player that will likely go in the second round. But Nassib has a better arm than Dalton I compare him more to a rich man's Chad Henne better mind but similar tools.
Why do you think he has a "better mind"?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've seen a lot of Nassib and I just don't see what everyone else is with this hype. I just don't get it.

And no, this isn't bias/homerism. In case nobody noticed, I'm a huge Geno fan. And I despise WVU way more than 'Cuse, so there's that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched Nassib and Geno tape back to back.

Neither jumped out at me and Nassib looked better. Ugh.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I just watched Nassib and Geno tape back to back.

Neither jumped out at me and Nassib looked better. Ugh.

agree with this and it's a tough year to be shopping for QB at the high end. This is easily a worse year than Stafford-Sanchez-Freeman year.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nassib needs a lot of work on things Dalton was already good at coming out of college. Nassib has better physical tools.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
agree with this and it's a tough year to be shopping for QB at the high end. This is easily a worse year than Stafford-Sanchez-Freeman year.
Well Stafford was the clear cut number one QB in that draft and everyone agreed he should of been the top pick. Sanchez and Freeman were both reaches and both teams are paying for their mistakes now. This year is just a muddled mess with no elite QB at all - just quite a few that could either turn out well or end up being mediocre like Freeman and Sanchez. Their is no stafford in this group.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Mccrystal has had some interesting Nassib tidbits the past few days.

-Accuracy % on passes 15+ yds downfield: Smith 82%, Nassib 77%, Barkey 52%, Glennon 50%

-Small sample size, but I have Nassib at 54% comp pct in games I've charted on passes 20+ yds downfield. Only Kaepernick had higher % in NFL

-Accuracy % on passes 15+ yds downfield: Smith 82%(only 11 attempts though), Nassib 77%, Barkey 52%, Glennon 50%
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Stafford was the clear cut number one QB in that draft and everyone agreed he should of been the top pick. Sanchez and Freeman were both reaches and both teams are paying for their mistakes now. This year is just a muddled mess with no elite QB at all - just quite a few that could either turn out well or end up being mediocre like Freeman and Sanchez. Their is no stafford in this group.

Freeman by far is the better pro compared to Mark Sanchez. There's really no comparison.

People keep looking to find a current starting QB to compare Sanchez to and it can't be done. Because Sanchez is a bust.

I don't see what's really outstanding about Nassib.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Freeman by far is the better pro compared to Mark Sanchez. There's really no comparison.

People keep looking to find a current starting QB to compare Sanchez to and it can't be done. Because Sanchez is a bust.

I don't see what's really outstanding about Nassib.
Sanchez was a bust this year, but before this year had a rather solid career, especially in the post season. In terms of the postseason, Sanchez blows out Stafford, who another poster was touting as a picture of success.

If you want to talk about busts, lets start with Blaine Gabbert. If Gabbert did anything right it was he was not a turnover machine. If Jacksonville had a great defense, Gabbert might be able to win more games than he loses, but Jacksonville doesn't, and Gabbert was well below league average for starting QB in the NFL. If Nassib has more success than Gabbert, I would be surprised.

I wouldn't call Freeman a bust either.

It's difficult to win at the NFL level. This years playoffs was a good example of how even proven winners (Peyton Manning, Brady, Rodgers) are going to lose the majority of the time before winning it all. This years big winner Flacco, was having a disappointing season up until the playoffs. Now Merrill Hoge is calling him the best QB in the NFL. Ridiculous.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle View Post
Ryan Mccrystal has had some interesting Nassib tidbits the past few days.

-Accuracy % on passes 15+ yds downfield: Smith 82%, Nassib 77%, Barkey 52%, Glennon 50%

-Small sample size, but I have Nassib at 54% comp pct in games I've charted on passes 20+ yds downfield. Only Kaepernick had higher % in NFL

-Accuracy % on passes 15+ yds downfield: Smith 82%(only 11 attempts though), Nassib 77%, Barkey 52%, Glennon 50%
I noticed this yesterday (watched tape on Smith, Barkley, and Nassib).

Nassib finds targets downfield. His mechanics aren't always great and some of his balls flutter but he's able to push it there. He doesn't have a monster arm.

As for Geno... his arm is good. But Holgerson's system is so good and Bailey/Austin are so good that a lot of those 15+ yarders are extremely easy reads to wide open receivers.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been hesitant to post this because it's going to catch crap, lol...but Nassib is one of only three QBs in this draft that I see being worth a damn. I have a first round grade on him. I'm not going to sit here and pretend he's great, like Lande; I don't know WHAT that dude is smoking...but I think he could be a really good NFL WCO QB.

He's #2 in my QB rankings.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I've been hesitant to post this because it's going to catch crap, lol...but Nassib is one of only three QBs in this draft that I see being worth a damn. I have a first round grade on him. I'm not going to sit here and pretend he's great, like Lande; I don't know WHAT that dude is smoking...but I think he could be a really good NFL WCO QB.

So, who's your #1?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
So, who's your #1?
Geno, naturally.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree with you. I think that Nassib's second only to Geno Smith in this draft class. He could end up being more successful specially if he ends up in Buffalo.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Geno, naturally.
I had to check because some people claim no QB has a first round grade.

Question, why IYO did Nassib look like totaly ass throughout the senior bowl week?
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Nassib is going to be a good one. He's probably the smartest and hardest working of the group and I like that in my QB. He'll put in the work in the film room and on the practice field that you have to at the position in the NFL.

I think the Bills may take him at 8 depending on how much buzz he is getting leading up to the draft, but I imagine that they would ideally try to snag him in round 2, possibly via trade up to round 1.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I think Nassib is going to be a good one. He's probably the smartest and hardest working of the group and I like that in my QB. He'll put in the work in the film room and on the practice field that you have to at the position in the NFL.

I think the Bills may take him at 8 depending on how much buzz he is getting leading up to the draft, but I imagine that they would ideally try to snag him in round 2, possibly via trade up to round 1.

If we take him at 8, I'm starting a fight.

And our GM today said he doesn't think there are any total packages at QB in this draft.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote