Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pirates are close to signing Jonathan Sanchez to a minor league deal. I hope they try him in the bullpen and still sign Liriano.
That's about as good as Pirates fans can ask for. Gotta pick up low cost guys like this that might be able to play as well as they did earlier in their career. Certainly not a good plan, but you get what you pay for.

Team can't operate by signing cheap guys and hoping by dumb luck they magically turn it around. But as bad as the system got that's all that's left to do short term if you're not gonna spend.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pirates are close to signing Jonathan Sanchez to a minor league deal. I hope they try him in the bullpen and still sign Liriano.
Didn't you already sign Liriano? Twice?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How come every time I click on this thread it goes to page 874. Such an odd number.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
How come every time I click on this thread it goes to page 874. Such an odd number.
Be a man and change the settings to display 40 posts per page.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Twins ranked #2 in Keith Law's organizational rankings. We're on our way back baby.
Law had Sano 11th, Buxton 22nd, Gibson 41st, Hicks 49th, Arcia 59th, Meyer 61st, and Rosario 65th. The system has gotten so much better in the past year, but I wouldn't have it as the 2nd best in baseball, more of right around 5th, but it's still a damn good system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Sano and Buxton are still very far away, so you better have patience. And he overrated the **** out of Kyle Gibson, I don't understand that.
I don't quite get the Gibson love either, but Mayo had him at 49th on his list, too. Personally, I would have Gibson below Meyer, Hicks, Arcia, and Rosario as far as the Twins prospect rankings would go in addition to obviously below Sano and Buxton.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually asked Law about Gibson in the chat, but alas I wasn't responded to. He's 25 ******* years old and hasn't shown anything above AA, come on.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah didn't understand the Gibson thing either.

Law was also wrong on Wheeler's scouting report which I found to be weird. He didn't even mention his slider which is a plus pitch even though it's not fully developed. I like Wheeler and D'Arnaud back to back though at 13/14.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Didn't you already sign Liriano? Twice?
Did, but they didn't finalize the deal because he broke his arm. So that deal was called off. They agreed to a revised deal, but the agent and team are in a disagreement regarding guaranteed money and if it'll be a minor league deal or not. I still expect to get it done, though.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did it once... Think Ryan Braun can dodge the steroid rumors again this time?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He did it once... Think Ryan Braun can dodge the steroid rumors again this time?
Yes he will

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least he will never be in the HoF

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
at least he will never be in the HoF
Braun consulted with this firm when gathering clarification of what his positive results meant last year, but the reports do not have him connected to any actual PED use. It's a good try by the media to get a story brewing.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well he got off on a technicality last time, he will never be in the HoF

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the problem of getting off on a technicality. Sure you got to play, but the whole world knows you did it. And since the only punishment for using PEDs in baseball is no HoF he'll still get that one.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braun dodging his suspension is the same as Sherman in the NFL. Both got off on the people being too ******* stupid to do their job correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Mets are going to contend for a playoff spot.

They'll win with pitching and some timely hitting. Their rotation is good. If they get Bourn they'll be even better.

Staff
1) Johan Santana
2) Matt Harvey (BEAST)
3) Jonathan Niese
4) Shaun Marcum (will do great in that park)
5) Dillion Gee warming the seat until ZACK WHEELER is ready
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Chris Carpenter done for 2013

I am one sad panda. It sucks cuz his career is more than likely done too, if not prolly done as a Cardinal for sure. Sucks too we never got a year with Waino and Carp both healthy other than Waino's first year when he was the closer. We still won 2 World Series tho, so can't complain much there.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think the Mets are going to contend for a playoff spot.

They'll win with pitching and some timely hitting. Their rotation is good. If they get Bourn they'll be even better.

Staff
1) Johan Santana
2) Matt Harvey (BEAST)
3) Jonathan Niese
4) Shaun Marcum (will do great in that park)
5) Dillion Gee warming the seat until ZACK WHEELER is ready
Umm no way. The offense is way to big of a question mark and we have no idea what Santana or Marcum will give us. Harvey should be at worst average but even though you never if a sophmore slump occurs. Every bat we have is a question mark except for Wright, Davis, and Murphy. I know the 2nd WC make it's easier to "contend" but we're still ways off. A Bourn signing would be terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it costs us a 1st rounder, we can't sign Bourn.

Stupid, cheap-ass Pirates screwed us out of the protected pick. If you can't sign him, DON'T DRAFT HIM!

Sorry Hines, I had to rant.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Umm no way. The offense is way to big of a question mark and we have no idea what Santana or Marcum will give us. Harvey should be at worst average but even though you never if a sophmore slump occurs. Every bat we have is a question mark except for Wright, Davis, and Murphy. I know the 2nd WC make it's easier to "contend" but we're still ways off. A Bourn signing would be terrible.
As long as Santana is on the bump, he's going to be good. That much he's proven. I figure he'll give them half of the season just in time for Wheeler.

As for Marcum, same thing. As long as he's healthy, he's a very good pitcher.

Obviously the lineup on paper is bad.

But most teams don't have that type of starting pitching. This team has started off stronger than most thought they would the past two years. I foresee the same this year except more consistency out of Ike Davis specifically.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plenty of teams have that kind of starting pitching. Santana was average at best last year and is going to be a very ruined 34 year old, Marcum is good most of the time but not great and hurt all the time, and Niese/Harvey should be decent but nothing overly special. They certainly aren't close to the Nats or Braves right now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
As long as Santana is on the bump, he's going to be good. That much he's proven. I figure he'll give them half of the season just in time for Wheeler.

As for Marcum, same thing. As long as he's healthy, he's a very good pitcher.

Obviously the lineup on paper is bad.

But most teams don't have that type of starting pitching. This team has started off stronger than most thought they would the past two years. I foresee the same this year except more consistency out of Ike Davis specifically.
Santana was just absolutely horrible after he threw the no-hitter. I expect him to be a little better than that but not a 1, 2, or 3 by any means. Our SP isn't even top 10 in all of baseball so I don't agree with that assertion either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-07-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

How would you cap the NL race then? I see a lot of teams with far weaker pitching than the Mets.

1) Nats
2) Reds
3) Giants/Dodgers
4) Braves
5) Giants/Dodgers

After that it gets pretty meh. The Cards are so old and their pitching is weak. Philly is OK I guess. I could easily see the Giants slip up or the Dodgers bust again.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I do find it amusing that only the Dodgers got better in terms of non playoff teams in the NL last year. Well, the Cubs did too but I wouldn't scream playoffs yet.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-07-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix Hernandez dun got paid. Would love for him to pitch in Boston, but it's a good thing that he is staying in Seattle. He always has talked about how much he loves it there so it is cool to see him sticking it out. I'm sure the $175 million didn't hurt either.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote