Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Courtney Gardner, WR, Sierra College

Interesting prospect that committed to go to OU in 2012 and LSU in 2013 but didnít qualify either time. After not qualifying the second time he decided to enter the Draft.

Any chance he gets drafted despite not playing beyond the JUCO level?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/886350/#highlights/2311422
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know much about the guy I'll be honest. I think a few players have been drafted in similar situations, Larry Brackins comes to mind.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really doubt it. as Don Vito mentioned, Larry Brackins couldn't translate.

Linebacker from Hutch tried it a while ago, 6'2" 235 4.4 40 and didnt make it to NFL.

If he's pretty polished he could be drafted, if he can run routes but it's hard to get a polished WR from Juco
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he runs fast (like low 4.3 or faster), he might get drafted. But anything else would probably be just a phone call after the draft (or after someone goes down in camp).
Old 02-06-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6730
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Horn is probably the only JUCO guy I can think of that actually produced in the League. He was a blazer. Still upset the Chiefs let him go.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks have been reported as having checked him out on multiple occasions.

Seattle has 6 picks in rounds 5-7. I can see him being one of them. I can also see them laying the foundation to pick him up Doug Baldwin style in UDFA.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy has some sick YAC yardage.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Layne View Post
Interesting prospect that committed to go to OU in 2012 and LSU in 2013 but didnít qualify either time. After not qualifying the second time he decided to enter the Draft.

Any chance he gets drafted despite not playing beyond the JUCO level?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/886350/#highlights/2311422
LOL at how bad those 'football' players were trying to tackle him.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks slow.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll pass. The gametape is nothing impressive and the competition looks like they want the kid to score....plus add in the fact the kid could not get out of Juco on two tries due to academics...kid cant read...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Courtney Gardner the JUCO WR from Sierra College has four scheduled workouts with #Patriots #Dolphins #Jets #Panthers
https://twitter.com/CG_Equals_TD
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get this kid at all. I saw him play in high school at Hug out of Nevada. The game I saw him in he looked legit. He committed to Nevada and couldnt make grades and be eligible to even get into the college. Then I believe he struggled to even make grades while at Sierra. Then has one great year in JC and now all the top D1 schools show him interest and he still cant get his grades up. I could see the Seahawks wasting a late pick on him but honestly I dont know if he will ever make it. I dont think he has the heart to make. He is going to have to put in some effort to make a team it wont be handed to him.
I really hate seeing kids like him succeed. It makes me feel bad for all those kids that bust their rear ends trying to make it.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:26 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
I dont get this kid at all. I saw him play in high school at Hug out of Nevada. The game I saw him in he looked legit. He committed to Nevada and couldnt make grades and be eligible to even get into the college. Then I believe he struggled to even make grades while at Sierra. Then has one great year in JC and now all the top D1 schools show him interest and he still cant get his grades up. I could see the Seahawks wasting a late pick on him but honestly I dont know if he will ever make it. I dont think he has the heart to make. He is going to have to put in some effort to make a team it wont be handed to him.
I really hate seeing kids like him succeed. It makes me feel bad for all those kids that bust their rear ends trying to make it.
You're talking like you know this kid is lazy. Maybe he just isn't that smart, in which case whatever he accomplishes in life is a milestone.
Just speculating, but usually guys who can't qualify academically on more than one try are busting their butts to get it done in the classroom and in many cases simply lack the raw intellectual tools to get it done. Or have some type of learning disability.

I feel bad for him because if he struggles this hard with his academics, how is he going to remember to run the correct routes in the NFL??
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
You're talking like you know this kid is lazy. Maybe he just isn't that smart, in which case whatever he accomplishes in life is a milestone.
Just speculating, but usually guys who can't qualify academically on more than one try are busting their butts to get it done in the classroom and in many cases simply lack the raw intellectual tools to get it done. Or have some type of learning disability.

I feel bad for him because if he struggles this hard with his academics, how is he going to remember to run the correct routes in the NFL??
Is it really that difficult to pass general education classes? Its not like this kid was trying to get into Stanford or an ivy league school. All he had to do was pass his classes. He had 3.5 years to do it. If you want to make excuses for him go ahead. But it doesnt take a genius to pass basic classes. There is so much help out there with tutoring and studying. IDK dont get me wrong this kid has all the physical tools i just dont know if i would want to take a kid that failed to get his basic education done. How will I know this kid can study an NFL playbook in a few weeks.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Is it really that difficult to pass general education classes? Its not like this kid was trying to get into Stanford or an ivy league school. All he had to do was pass his classes. He had 3.5 years to do it. If you want to make excuses for him go ahead. But it doesnt take a genius to pass basic classes. There is so much help out there with tutoring and studying. IDK dont get me wrong this kid has all the physical tools i just dont know if i would want to take a kid that failed to get his basic education done. How will I know this kid can study an NFL playbook in a few weeks.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
MikeTheDudeV2
Rookie

MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.MikeTheDudeV2 is so money.

Sounds like he could be amazing, but he will definitely need a position coach with infinite patience. I think his general lack of focus and possibly intelligence will hold him back from ever amounting to anything in the NFL. But I am hoping I am wrong.
MikeTheDudeV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Sierra College WR Courtney Gardner has a private workout with the New York Jets.
Gardner was expected to land at Oklahoma but academic problems forced him to declare for the NFL. He is 6'3", 215 pounds and is smooth in and out of his cuts. He once recorded a 10.7 second 100 meter run"

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post

You've never met a genuinely dumb person?? I mean someone who was born with limited intellectual capacity and that's just who they were??

Yeah for the average guy if they put in more work they'll get better results in the classroom, but sometimes you're dealing with a case where someone's brain just doesn't have the juice to get it done in the classroom.

Just speculating he might have more issues going on academically than simply not applying himself.

So how do you fit a guy with his physical tools into your offense???