Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great solid picks all around for sf. But I think a kicker needs to placed in there around 4/5th around. Too many wide outs too. More defenders are needed. But well good effort.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid overall for Bills.

that 4th rnd pick is sexy as the thunder to Spiller.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the bears 3 biggest needs are TE, OG and LB..... they get none of those. OT is a need too but I don't think Long is a guy that is going to help them out right away. The Bears need OL help right away.

Okafor is a terrible first round pick. Offensive HC. GM that talked about getting Cutler more help....and another DE in the first round would be a horrible turn of events.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BigBearFan
Rookie

BigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Okafor in the first to the "beloved"?? C'mon dude - not happening. Simply makes no sense to a guy like Trestman who has a mind that is very much focused on Offense.
BigBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
First of all, you don't have anything at DT beyond the very immediate future. Second, Rivera's system doesn't use a pure NT, it needs DLs who can penetrate and Richardson is a great fit. He can definitely play either DT spot for the Panthers.
I don't know what you know about Carolina. But apparently not much. We have our UT settled in Dwan Edwards. After that, we have no noteworthy defensive tackles. His defense for us does use a pure nose tackle, it was plainly obvious. If you're still watching the Bears and saying that's us, then **** off, you're ****, and you know ****.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 02-09-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely PERFECT first two picks for the Saints. However in Rounds 4-6 this is who I would have drafted:

Round 4 - OT Terron Armstead.
Saints only have 3 OT's on the roster with one being a 7th round rookie that spent all of last year on IR. With Jermon Bushrod being a FA, their probably going to look to address his leaving in the draft and Armstead is the type of OT that the team usually prefers.

Round 5 - TE Gavin Escobar
With Vance McDonald already off the board, Escobar would be my next choice. The Saints only have David Thomas (injuries) and Michael Higgins backing up Jimmy Graham so they're likely to need reinforcements. Escobar is the type of TE that would really compliment the type of game Graham has.

Round 6 - Montori Hughes
The only player on the team capable of playing NT is Broderick Bunkley and I don't trust him to do that full time. Hughes is the type of big, wide body needed to man the middle in a 3-4.

Otherwise, outstanding job and incredible effort on pumping out a 7th rounder.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather the Giants go:
1. Ziggy
2. Khaseem
3. Watson
4. McFadden
5. Geathers
6. Uzzi
7. Rodgers

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats a lot of work, and pretty darn solid

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid effort going 7 rounds. For the Jets (and this is nitpicky, but hopefully helpful for the next time you make a 7 round mock):

Jones is alright though frankly I think he's a little small even for the 3-4 at the NFL level and obviously his medical is an issue. At this point in the process it's tough to complain and impossible to say it won't happen, but I personally have concerns.

Fluker would get kicked in to G as they're planning on keeping RT Austin Howard and both G's are FA's, so if you don't see him fitting there going with a RT and ignoring G doesn't make that much sense. He could be a monster inside though IMO, so I personally like the pick - just at a different position.

Ball's fine at RB although I think they need more explosiveness on offense since they don't have enough talent to put together a long, methodical drive and he doesn't really bring that. He does fit in the passing game. I just think Randle/Ellington fit the team needs and the new WCO with Mornhinwig a bit better.

On Stills, the Jets actually have okay depth at WR, they just lack top end talent. Pretty sure that's a position where they could do it in the 1st or maybe the second of someone surprisingly slips, but after that it's not as important. They just need a long-term #1 really as they've got Hill to develop as a #2 and Kerley as a slot guy. Not worth bringing in a 4th WR with all the other needs the team has.

Not sure where Logan really fits either, maybe as a rotational 5-tech? Not really an ideal fit for that position IMO and Ryan tends to just find UDFA's to do that. Obviously Wilkerson and Coples are starting there so not any need from that perspective.

Not much of a need at ILB either with Klein, they're cutting Scott but Harris isn't cuttable so he'll start next year and they drafted DeMario Davis in the third round last year to take over for him.

I never have an issue with drafting physically talented corners late since it's tough to have too many of those and Ryan loves them, so no prolem with Hawthorne.

Positions that would make more sense to hit in the mid-rounds to me than WR/DL/ILB would be S (both starters are FA's and likely won't be brought back), TE (Keller a FA who probably won't be brought back), G (both starters FA's and it appears likely neither of them will be brought back either so even if they draft Fluker as a G they could use another), and OLB (again both starters out so even with Jones it's a need at least long-term if there's an upside guy to take a shot on). Something like Winters/Escobar/Duke Williams in those 3 rounds would've been cool, or Lemonier/Buchanan instead of Winters.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Robbieb7
Rookie

Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.

I like this mock for my Eagles
Robbieb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A+

Want more Full 7-round mocks like this.

Anyone else doing silly little 1 and 2 round mocks after ths one here? No comparison.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:43 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
18. Dallas Cowboys- G Jonathan Cooper North Carolina
Love the pick.

47. Dallas Cowboys- S Eric Reid LSU
2 for 2. Perfect fit.

80. Dallas Cowboys- DT Sylvester Williams North Carolina
Excellent pick.

111. Dallas Cowboys- QB EJ Manuel Florida State
Value here is solid even if I'm not a fan of taking a QB until very late. Personally would take B.W. Webb, Khaled Holmes, or Quessenberry here but that's nitpicky. Good pick.

144. Dallas Cowboys- RB Jawan Jamison Rutgers
My favorite RB prospect in the draft with Ray Graham coming in a close second. A++

175. Dallas Cowboys- G Hugh Thornton Illinois
Excellent pick. Big fan of lineman that can punch and both Thornton and Cooper have that ability to knock defenders off-balance with the initial hit. Might be hard pressed to pass on Gilkey here though. Provides the ability to play RT and G but our regime is known to covet.
If the draft falls for Dallas like that I will be in shock. Excellent stuff.

+rep For doing a 7 rounder and hitting needs.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
27. Houston Texans- QB Matt Barkley USC
57. Houston Texans- WR Quinton Patton Louisiana Tech
89. Houston Texans- S Tony Jefferson Oklahoma
121. Houston Texans- CB Tharold Simon LSU
153. Houston Texans- LB DeVonte Holloman South Carolina
185. Houston Texans- RB Ray Graham Pittsburgh
212. Houston Texans- P Quinn Sharp Oklahoma State
Matt Schaub is a major disappointment and I am more than ready to see Houston get a real franchise QB. However, there is no way that Kubiak gives up on Schaub this year. If we did draft a QB, I'd be furious if we took Barkley over Wilson.

Quinton Patton is awesome. He's very good for a late 2nd, and he fits a need. Great pick.

Tony Jefferson is, at best, Danieal Manning, who the Texans already have. That pick just doesn't help us.

Overall, my main criticism of your Houston mock is that there are ZERO offensive lineman. The O-Line is where we need immediate help and depth. Also, I just can't see us taking a RB, considering Foster's huge contract and our happiness with Ben Tate and Justin Forsett as backups.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow great job with Dallas, I'd love that draft.