Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else see Randy Moss wide open over the middle for a sure touchdown when Crabtree had that ball go right off his finger tips? He found a seem right in the middle of the field and literally had blown right through the defense.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Did anyone else see Randy Moss wide open over the middle for a sure touchdown when Crabtree had that ball go right off his finger tips? He found a seem right in the middle of the field and literally had blown right through the defense.
I did. It was VD who dropped it though. Not Crabs.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. Kaepernick either didn't see him or chose not to go to him. I have to see the game again, but I do wonder if what happened in Seattle when he did try to go to Moss and it was picked off by Sherman crept into his mind. Are you talking about the play towards the end of the game?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I noticed it.... it almost got luckily deflected by VD to the Superfreak.
But Moss was wide open, should have lobbed it to him, easy TD.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I noticed it.... it almost got luckily deflected by VD to the Superfreak.
But Moss was wide open, should have lobbed it to him, easy TD.
You're talking about early in the game where Crabtree jumped and tipped it. I believe that ball was going to Moss in the back of the endzone.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes. Kaepernick either didn't see him or chose not to go to him. I have to see the game again, but I do wonder if what happened in Seattle when he did try to go to Moss and it was picked off by Sherman crept into his mind. Are you talking about the play towards the end of the game?
Yeah, I don't remember if it were Crabtree or Davis (I think someone pointed out it was Davis).

Moss was literally wide the **** open right in the middle of the field. Considering I had no investment in the game for either side I was just rooting for Moss to make some disgusting play, and noticed that it seemed like Kaepernick hardly even looked his direction.

Granted, it was like 30+ yards down field, but Moss was 100% touchdown if there was a good ball thrown his way.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought for sure he was gonna get booted for that when I saw it live. Glad to see the ref wasn't a self-righteous p*ssy. :D
Old 02-05-2013, 01:52 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1545511.story

Apparently Pollard has been playing with 6 cracked ribs this season. Damn yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I thought for sure he was gonna get booted for that when I saw it live. Glad to see the ref wasn't a self-righteous p*ssy. :D
I noticed that out of the corner of my eye when all that was going on. I thought he might have knocked him down, but he didn't. Either way, I'm glad they didn't toss him in the Super Bowl. Definitely would have been a big loss for you guys.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I noticed that out of the corner of my eye when all that was going on. I thought he might have knocked him down, but he didn't. Either way, I'm glad they didn't toss him in the Super Bowl. Definitely would have been a big loss for you guys.
He actually should have been tossed. It's supposed to be a no exceptions rule. They don't want refs determining or thinking they know intent. It's black and white, touch a ref like that and you're out.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if this has been talked about much on here, but the fake FG in the 2nd quarter I believe, could've played a big role had the 49ers scored in that goal line stand. It would've put them up 1/3 depending if they got the 2 point conversion, but had they kicked the FG it could've at best tied the game. Had the 49ers scored and gotten the 2, and the Ravens not been able to drive down and kick a FG, I wonder how much people would've put that loss on John H. for not taking his points.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok watching the SB replay, how on Earth does anyone expect Moss to catch that INT? The ball came out so hot and high and behind him, it would defy the laws of physics for him to make a play on the ball.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ok watching the SB replay, how on Earth does anyone expect Moss to catch that INT? The ball came out so hot and high and behind him, it would defy the laws of physics for him to make a play on the ball.
I haven't seen the replay yet, but watching it real time it seemed like the ball left Kaep's hand and was in Reed's hands almost immediately. I didn't think Moss had a chance but, like I said, I haven't seen any replays.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are there people honestly saying he should have caught that pass? I haven't seen anyone say that
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Are there people honestly saying he should have caught that pass? I haven't seen anyone say that
I've heard chatter blaming Moss for not jumping up and trying to catch it. It was basically impossible for him to do that. In slow mo it looks possible but it's not.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no it was a horrible pass directly to Reed

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I've heard chatter blaming Moss for not jumping up and trying to catch it. It was basically impossible for him to do that. In slow mo it looks possible but it's not.
Dwight Clark and Bill Romanowski thought otherwise. When I look at the play it was a bad pass, but Moss could have done more than just look at it sail by. Moss and his body language the entire game seemed really weird. He seemed really disinterested almost. Compared to Crabtree who looked hungry to get down the field every opportunity he had.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Dwight Clark and Bill Romanowski thought otherwise. When I look at the play it was a bad pass, but Moss could have done more than just look at it sail by. Moss and his body language the entire game seemed really weird. He seemed really disinterested almost. Compared to Crabtree who looked hungry to get down the field every opportunity he had.
You mean 2 San Francisco homers? I could care less what they think. Watch the play in real time. It's impossible to make a play on the ball. It happened too fast for him to do anything.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
You mean 2 San Francisco homers? I could care less what they think. Watch the play in real time. It's impossible to make a play on the ball. It happened too fast for him to do anything.
Oh Bill definitely isn't a 49ers homer. Trust me. If you think that you haven't been listening to him for the last several seasons as a media analyst.

And I have the game file. I've watched it several times. I'm not saying Moss would have caught the ball. I'm just saying he could have maybe jumped or did something even as a distraction. It may seem like an effort that won't amount to much, but it's the Super Bowl. Everything counts. Get your hand or body jump in the air. Maybe Reed drops it. Do something, anything in the biggest game of your life. I mean wouldn't you?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-05-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Here's what they said.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Moss could have at least gotten a hand on the ball, but he's pulled that a lot in his career, avoids the big hit to the ribs or head like that. Smart.
Plus a lot of times on high passes, the WR tips it and it gets picked off with the deflection up into the air.

Remember, Randy plays when he wants to play.

(Wow Kobe with the Dunk of the Year?)
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco urged teammates to leave the sidelines to make a tackle if Ted Ginn had broken loose on the final return.

I really wish that had happened. It would have been hilarious to watch Flacco run off the sidelines to attempt to make the tackle.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:55 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Flacco urged teammates to leave the sidelines to make a tackle if Ted Ginn had broken loose on the final return.

I really wish that had happened. It would have been hilarious to watch Flacco run off the sidelines to attempt to make the tackle.
What would have been more hilarious, is if Flacco would have ran like a jackass onto the field, made a tackle, have the ref still award the 9ers a touchdown with the clock expiring and Flacco looking like the world's biggest clown.