Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My (Different) Top 10 Players

I have never ranked players before, so this is new for me. Although my rankings may look a lot different than the norm, please consider how many first rounders actually fulfill expectations before you call me crazy. In my rankings, I am thinking about one thing above all: What kind of PROS will they be?

1. OT Eric Fisher- What I saw in his senior bowl drills was an OT that looked the way an NFL all pro OT is supposed to look like- natural knee bend, no panic, ability to maintain balance and absorb the kinetic energy of the rusher like it was his mutant ability. He will only get better with NFL level weight training and nutrition program, but everything else, he's got it.

2. OT Luke Joeckel- Like Fisher, shows mastery of the position. I don't see elite length and I wonder just a bit about his true ability to protect the QB due to Johnny football's uncanny ability to avoid sacks.

3. DT Star Lotulelei- Power, burst, size and complete scheme versatility.

4. CB Dee Milliner- Great size and natural coverage skills, fluid, physicality that is rare, lacks top end speed.

5. DE Ziggy Ansah- Ansah has both unique physical qualities and a natural feel for making plays despite his newness to the game. Any defensive coordinator worth his salt should have no problem making this kid a pro bowler in two years.

6. OG Chance Warmack- This guy has to have the highest floor of any player. What he does is move bodies, so if you like that sort of thing, Warmack is your man.

7. QB Geno Smith- Smith is not a special physical talent like Cam Newton and he is not the second coming like Andrew Luck who's justified hype started when he was a sophmore, but Smith is a highly accomplished, deadly accurate passer and somehow, this appears to have gotten lost.

8. DE Bjorn Werner- I disagree with people saying Werner is just as good as a 3-4 OLB. I think he is a pure 4-3 DE with edge speed out of a 3 point stance. He has the uncanny ability to effect passer by batting them down when he is not getting to the QB. Nothing freaking about him and there doesn't need to be. He reminds me of former pro bowl DE Trace Armstrong.

9. WR Cordarrelle Patterson- Patterson is the one true "big weapon" WR in this draft. He is not as savy as Allen, but at he drips with playmaking ability, so much so that he was taking handoffs in the backfield! He made the transition from JUCO to DI and I think he will make a successful transition to the pros where I see him visiting the endzone often. Do not, I repeat, do not be surprised if GMs begin a Bey Bey Thoms style love affair with him once workouts start.

10. OT Lane Johnson- I was not a believer at first, but the more I looked at video of him, I saw a pure LT and not a former QB TE. He has very quick feet and can recover to ride the DE past the QB when he is beaten initially. Now, he does need to fill his body out a bit, but he has the frame and actually looks thin at the moment. Some team is going to sure up their LT position long term.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote