Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
*points to the game happening as we speak*
Cool. I like Faried. He's one of my favorite players in the league. He's not better than Irving and I'm not even going to debate this with you.

You're becoming the Skip Bayless of this thread, if you have a ridiculous "look at me" opinion about literally every issue it loses it's luster.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers are 10th in the West, the Nuggets are fourth. Come at me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you hurl enough crap at the wall something is going to stick.

I'm loving it by the way, I love watching Denver play.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not my fault your team walked under a bunch of ******* ladders and ruined my other prediction.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we get him the damn snowflake tag already? C'mon, D Unit.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not my fault your team walked under a bunch of ******* ladders and ruined my other prediction.
Which would have brought your total of correct predictions up to... 0? Nuggets haven't won the WCF, so you're still not right about anything at all. But keep being a snowflake.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Good lord Chicago have some pride...
Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Which would have brought your total of correct predictions up to... 0? Nuggets haven't won the WCF, so you're still not right about anything at all. But keep being a snowflake.
Remember when you thought your team had a chance at the playoffs? Or does Fenikz remember when he thought Phoenix wasn't terrible? Keep calling me snowflake, you'll see at the end of the day.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-08-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Remember when you thought your team had a chance at the playoffs? Or does Fenikz remember when he thought Phoenix wasn't terrible? Keep calling me snowflake, you'll see at the end of the day.
Being optimistic about the Kings possibly competing for the 8th seed is not nearly as bad as the crap you've said. I don't understand why you don't just admit that you like being a snowflake and going against the grain for the sole purpose of contradicting popular opinion. There's nothing to see, even if by some fluke longshot the Nuggets make the finals, it still doesn't justify all the ridiculous **** you've said before. Like Lawson being as good as Westbrook, Kenneth ******* Faried being better than Kyrie Irving, the Wolves being in the WCF, the Thunder becoming a middle of the pack team because they lost Harden (my personal favorite), Harden not being this super l33t efficient player you rode his dick so hard about (look at the huge dip in shooting splits and the turnovers, his value would drop a ton if he didn't lead the league in FTAs), Kevin Martin being worthless. Wanting to relegate Kobe Bryant to 4th option on his team. Carmelo Anthony.

Am i missing anything? And that was just the last couple of months. You think it's a coincidence that all of a sudden the stuff you blab on about just gets more ridiculous and asinine? You're either consciously being a contrarian, or you're too stupid to realize how your "opinions" have changed over time. At least i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in saying you're purposely doing it.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, saying Kenneth Faried is better than Kyrie is one of the worst things I've heard in this thread ever.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call Metsox "spring" because he just melted snowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team Canada will be full of studs soon. Wiggins, Bennett, Justin Jackson, Trey Lyles, Nicholson, Kabongo, Ennis!

Fear us.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Being optimistic about the Kings possibly competing for the 8th seed is not nearly as bad as the crap you've said. I don't understand why you don't just admit that you like being a snowflake and going against the grain for the sole purpose of contradicting popular opinion. There's nothing to see, even if by some fluke longshot the Nuggets make the finals, it still doesn't justify all the ridiculous **** you've said before. Like Lawson being as good as Westbrook, Kenneth ******* Faried being better than Kyrie Irving, the Wolves being in the WCF, the Thunder becoming a middle of the pack team because they lost Harden (my personal favorite), Harden not being this super l33t efficient player you rode his dick so hard about (look at the huge dip in shooting splits and the turnovers, his value would drop a ton if he didn't lead the league in FTAs), Kevin Martin being worthless. Wanting to relegate Kobe Bryant to 4th option on his team. Carmelo Anthony.

Am i missing anything? And that was just the last couple of months. You think it's a coincidence that all of a sudden the stuff you blab on about just gets more ridiculous and asinine? You're either consciously being a contrarian, or you're too stupid to realize how your "opinions" have changed over time. At least i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in saying you're purposely doing it.
-Lawson WAS as good as Westbrook last year, he just had a really, really bad start to this season. He's picked it up in the last two months, though.
-Kobe hasn't been this efficient in a long, long time. I didn't expect him to magically find efficiency when he's in his mid-30s.
-Harden is still efficient because he gets to the line so much. That's part of being efficient you assclown. The only main options that have been more efficient this year are Durant and LeBron, who happen to be two of the three best players in the NBA (really depends on if you want Paul as 2 or not)
-We'll see come the postseason with OKC how they can fair without Harden, who was HUGE for them pre-NBA finals...and Durant got a lot better this year, for what it's worth
-I've explained the Wolves thing to absolute death, how the **** am I wrong when their entire team has been hurt at one point or another?
-I was wrong about Martin, but he's still nowhere close to Harden and it was a bad trade
-I'll stick by Faried being better than Kyrie...a lot has to do with his inconsistent as all hell minutes (George Karl sucks) and the fact that Kyrie is awful at creating for others on his team
-I'm wrong about Melo?

By the way, if the Nuggets make the finals, it won't be because of some ******** fluke that you're spewing. It'll be because they were the best team in the Western Conference. I still think the Clips are the favorite, but I would put the Nugs ahead of the Thunder still.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 02-08-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suns are exactly where I predicted them to be dumb dumb

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Lawson WAS as good as Westbrook last year, he just had a really, really bad start to this season. He's picked it up in the last two months, though.
-Kobe hasn't been this efficient in a long, long time. I didn't expect him to magically find efficiency when he's in his mid-30s.
-Harden is still efficient because he gets to the line so much. That's part of being efficient you assclown. The only main options that have been more efficient this year are Durant and LeBron, who happen to be two of the three best players in the NBA (really depends on if you want Paul as 2 or not)
-We'll see come the postseason with OKC how they can fair without Harden, who was HUGE for them pre-NBA finals...and Durant got a lot better this year, for what it's worth
-I've explained the Wolves thing to absolute death, how the **** am I wrong when their entire team has been hurt at one point or another?
-I was wrong about Martin, but he's still nowhere close to Harden and it was a bad trade
-I'll stick by Faried being better than Kyrie...a lot has to do with his inconsistent as all hell minutes (George Karl sucks) and the fact that Kyrie is awful at creating for others on his team
-I'm wrong about Melo?

By the way, if the Nuggets make the finals, it won't be because of some ******** fluke that you're spewing. It'll be because they were the best team in the Western Conference. I still think the Clips are the favorite, but I would put the Nugs ahead of the Thunder still.

Nothing you said was really that crazy. I believe you believe those ideas to some extent.

Except the bolded...

That's just..........................
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portland is the only team I had below Phoenix that isn't

gtfo brody

Old 02-08-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Portland is the only team I had below Phoenix that isn't

gtfo brody
For some reason I thought you argued them for a chance at the 8th seed. Whatevs, you're a face.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenneth Faried is not that far from Kyrie.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

isn't that a good thing?

Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
hahahahaha.

On another note, Dwight Howard to Dallas.... what are the odds?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

LBJ trolling the dunk contest is amazing. I love it.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Metsox just try to discount Harden getting to the line 10 times a game? Saying that his value would drop a ton if he didn't get to the line would be like saying LeBron wouldn't be as good if he was a bad passer. You can't just theoretically take away one of a persons main attributes and go from there as you try to validate an opinion. He averages 26 points on 17 shots. That's efficient, no matter how he does it.

Of the top scorers:

Durant 29.3 PPG on 18.3 Shots Per Game. 1.60 PTS Per Shot.
Carmelo 28.5 PPG on 21.9 Shots Per Game. 1.30 PTS Per Shot.
Kobe 27.5 PPG on 21.1 Shots Per Game. 1.30 PTS Per Shot.
LeBron 26.8 PPG on 18.6 Shots Per Game. 1.44 PTS Per Shot.
Harden 25.8 PPG on 17.2 Shots Per Game. 1.50 PTS Per Shot.
Kyrie 23.9 PPG on 18.4 Shots Per Game. 1.30 PTS Per Shot.
Westbrook 22.6 PPG on 18.9 Shots Per Game. 1.19 PTS Per Shot.
Wade 22.0 PPG on 16.4 Shots Per Game. 1.34 PTS Per Shot.
Parker 20.3 PPG on 15.2 Shots Per Game. 1.34 PTS Per Shot.
Curry 19.7 PPG on 15.9 Shots Per Game. 1.23 PTS Per Shot.

Harden (1.50 PPS) is second only to Durant (1.60 PPS) among the leagues top 10 scorers.

Also, lol at Westbrook.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think he gets to the line way too much than his skill would dictate. He's not a very good shooter this year, and he turns the ball over four times a game. Him leading the NBA in ftas is what makes him efficient, not like lebron and Durant who would be efficient regardless of how many fta they had.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

His %assisted is also hilariously low compared to other top players. Lower than westbrooks also, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, f posting from my phone.