Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rising Into Top 10

Or Top 15.

Every year a guy's stock "moves" way up. Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that he wouldn't be surprised if both Werner and Moore were picked outside of the top 10. More and more people are talking about no QB in the top 10. So what gives?

Who ends up as a Stephen Gilmore type this year?

Ansah? Floyd? Richardson? Jordan? Olgetree? Patterson?

I can't find the pass rushing riser a la Bruce Irvin/Chandler Jones either.

Datone Jones is eh.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansah goes top 10. I Brandon Williams probably skyrockets up after the combine, maybe even top 15. Dion Jordan probably goes top 15.

Ogletree strikes me as someone who goes in the second round.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody seems to love this Cyprien guy. I've never seen him play, but it sounds like he could go way higher than anyone thought.

Sharrif Floyd seems like another top ten candidate.

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 02-08-2013 at 04:26 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharrif Floyd
Xavier Rhodes

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Ansah goes top 10. I Brandon Williams probably skyrockets up after the combine, maybe even top 15. Dion Jordan probably goes top 15.

Ogletree strikes me as someone who goes in the second round.
Ansah and Jordan are great examples of guys who could leap up draft boards. In the past we have seen players who hover in the mid- to late-teens due to their potential get taken in the top 10 because a team can dream on them.

Rolando McClain was one of those.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Eddy Lacy movin on up with a big combine. Maybe Xavier Rhodes.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Ansah moving up, especially if he has a good combine. From what I saw at the Senior Bowl, he just looked like a fluid athlete. He is raw and need to learn the game, but he just moved right you know? Kinda like how Fisher look at OT at the Senior Bowl. People comparing him to JPP is a good thing for his stock too.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shariff Floyd is the most likely to be that guy this year. Kenny Vaccaro may draw top 10 interest as well. Kevin Minter might go as high Buffalo too.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's Ansah and Floyd.

Richardson could move up as well. Although for Ansah and Richardson, that jump isn't all that far since they were kind of seen at top 15 guys anyway.

If QBs don't gobble up a few of the top ten selections, then I can see these guys moving up. Floyd seems to have a lot of momentum, moving from the 33-50 range up into the top 20. Without having participated in the postseason exhibition bowls.

Vaccaro is moving up but I have to think when it comes to April, where a team gets on the clock, the value of a pass rusher will trump a safety.

This is a really weird draft. I'm half expecting about a third of the picks to get traded.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
I think it's Ansah and Floyd.

Richardson could move up as well. Although for Ansah and Richardson, that jump isn't all that far since they were kind of seen at top 15 guys anyway.

If QBs don't gobble up a few of the top ten selections, then I can see these guys moving up. Floyd seems to have a lot of momentum, moving from the 33-50 range up into the top 20. Without having participated in the postseason exhibition bowls.

Vaccaro is moving up but I have to think when it comes to April, where a team gets on the clock, the value of a pass rusher will trump a safety.

This is a really weird draft. I'm half expecting about a third of the picks to get traded.
True story.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Richardson could go top 10. Floyd top 15. Ogletree, Fluker, top 15 potentially. Lane Johnson top 10. Even guys like Kawaan Short, Mike Glennon, Zach Ertz, and Jesse Williams (sleeper, will bench 40+ reps) and if he has any kind of athletic ability, could go top 15.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansah seems like a cop out answer. Who in their right mind doesn't think he'll be a top ten pick?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Richardson moves up before Floyd. As much as I give people **** for mocking him to us, that's simple based on his style of play, and not actual talent. He's got great athleticism that will shine through at the Combine, and if a team is looking for a playmaking defensive tackle after Lotulelei, Richardson will probably be the first choice IMO.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a borderline cop out answer, but Im putting my money on Dion Jordan. If he aces the combine and pro day work outs, and looks fluid in positional drills (which I personally expect him to), I could see him go as high as Cleveland at #6. The guy just screams "Aldon Smith" to me in many ways.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I think Richardson moves up before Floyd. As much as I give people **** for mocking him to us, that's simple based on his style of play, and not actual talent. He's got great athleticism that will shine through at the Combine, and if a team is looking for a playmaking defensive tackle after Lotulelei, Richardson will probably be the first choice IMO.
I don't understand what it is that the scouts love about Floyd.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Ansah, Floyd, and Jordan all going in the top 10.

The interesting thing to me is who's going to fall out, I wouldn't be surprised if neither Mingo nor Jones goes in the top 10.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I see Ansah, Floyd, and Jordan all going in the top 10.

The interesting thing to me is who's going to fall out, I wouldn't be surprised if neither Mingo nor Jones goes in the top 10.
i don't think Mingo should go Top 10 but I feel he's more likely than Jones to be one of the first ten picks

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Everybody seems to love this Cyprien guy. I've never seen him play, but it sounds like he could go way higher than anyone thought.
I think he'll go higher, but not first round. Maybe he will if he really flashes at the combine, but without any indication he will do so - it seems like he went from a mid round to late round prospect to a (early?) day 2 prospect.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansah and Jordan seem like likely players to raise in the top 10 since they are both athletic freaks that remind some people JPP. Vaccaro I could see possible going in the top 10 since this Safety class is pretty weak and he is the only clear cut guy that is worth a 1st round pick. Trufant I could see also after having a great senior bowl if he can put together a good combine.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
CrossOfDeath
Rookie

CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrossOfDeath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Vaccaro.

Detroit at 5 desperately needs a star in the secondary. Ray Horton and Rex Ryan are going to love this guys toughness and versitility to play up in the box and deep.
CrossOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't know.

Cordarrelle Patterson is a pretty lame one to throw out there but he's a possibility.

Margus Hunt
Jonathan Banks
Chase Thomas (maybe he runs well)

Bleh.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Vaccaro I could see possible going in the top 10 since this Safety class is pretty weak and he is the only clear cut guy that is worth a 1st round pick.
I disagree about the safety class. I think this class is incredibly strong. Vaccaro is a legitimate #1 safety, but plenty of the other safeties would be #2 safeties in almost every class.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lane Johnson or Chance Warmack if Fisher & Joeckel are selected before AZ

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thought process is that somewhat situation dependent, there are going to be two top 10 tier guys at the glamour position.

At a place like LT, it seems to be easy. Even w/o order, Fisher and Joeckel seem to have cemented top 10 status. Especially interesting about that is that most knowledgeable drafties would consider either a reach in the top 10.

At QB it is the opposite, where none look like top 10 really, but need pushes them up.

For CB, Gilmore is my best example. He just became the second tier guy. Due to some good things he did and bad others did. Bills needed a CB as a top ten guy, Claiborne was gone, and he was there.

For this draft:

Proday dependent, Geno solidifies as top ten, and Chiefs get him, I think Glennon or Barkley moves into top ten.

For LT: Especially if KCC picks Joeckel I see Fisher sliding top five and Johnson/Fluker move top ten.

Edge rusher: so eye of the beholder, so I think Ansah, Jones, Moore, Werner all qualify.

DT: I think Richardson and Star both warrant this tier.

CB: Only Milliner right now, but with nice measurables, neither Banks nor Rhodes would surprise me.

S: Vaccaro only. I can see Cyprien moving up, but I don't see the legs to get top ten.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one else is concerned that Dion Jordan is going to show up underweight at the combine, 240# or less?

I hope he's putting on weight now because at Oregon I read he frequently played at under 230#.