Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

Anyone here actually seen him play?
Anyone here have any 411 on him other than second-hand word of mouth?

I've found this:
Quote:
01/21/13 - 2013 Senior Bowl, Monday North practice: In a talented safety group, Florida International's Jonathan Cyprien stood out on Monday with his aggressive playing style and active demeanor. He practiced at full speed and left it all out on the field, not shying away from getting physical. Whether it was a contact drill or not, Cyprien is going to meet the ballcarrier with a pop, refusing to let up. With Kenny Vaccaro (Texas) and D.J. Swearinger (South Carolina) deciding to skip Mobile, Cyprien has a chance to emerge as one of the top safeties at this year's Senior Bowl. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=SS

Here's some more 411 from JetsNation: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...-international
Quote:
Cyprien's stock has continued to rise throughout the 2012 season and after an impressive senior bowl week he is now considered an early 3rd round selection - although some team could jump and take him late 2nd. He has the foundation to be a good safety straight away, he has the intangibles and the work ethic to be a great safety in 2 years time. He plays with a swagger and confidence that you love and his physicality will make fans fall in love with his game. He's worth every bit of the 3rd round grade he currently holds.
Quote:
Physically imposing, carries the 210 lb's well on a muscular frame. A big hitter, someone who will meet either the receiver at the point of the catch to deliver the hit, or will come up and put a lick on the running back. Has good speed and good lateral ability. Shows excellent fluidity in the hips and has a good backpedal. Has the physicality to run with bigger receivers or tight ends, but the short area quickness to cover the slot. Always talking, always communicating at the back - shows a high IQ level for football and takes good angles to the ball carrier. Can either play in center field or come up and make plays in the backfield. Has excellent durability for a player who enjoys the physical side of the game, started 45 games for Florida International and every single game the last three years.
-Tebow says hello.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
SomethingAboutFB
Rookie

SomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSomethingAboutFB is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Try trusting your eyes and watch the video of him on ************** or youtube

He is a very quick S, that can play both SS or FS. He hits hard and really covers the field well (per Sr. Bowl). He is loved by many draftnicks after his appearance in the Sr. Bowl.
relatively unknown because FIU is not known to produce top quality draftables but I really like him
SomethingAboutFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was actually at the FIU vs FAU game this season. I can't say I was exactly scouting from my seat, but Cyprien did stand out. FAU mostly avoided throwing his way, but he did get beat deep once in the second half. He made up for it on, I think, the next play when he intercepted FAU's quarterback at goal line. The quarterback, Wilbert, hadn't thrown a pick in something like 200 pass attempts. Against the run, he was quite impressive and FIU used him quite a bit as a blitzer.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd round, Rams. Chalk it up:-)
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the Louisville vs FIU game (the game... not cutups).

The biggest strengths everyone is raving about are Cyprien's physical hitting and his flying to the football, but all of FIU's defensive backfield is like that.

He's a big hitting, strong safety that plays deep and covers well. He struggles getting his head around at times and will deliver the big hit (sometimes to his detriment). Louisville avoided him for the most part. When they did go to his side, he was in position to make the play.

Can take on offensive linemen and win.

Honestly, He looked like an elite safety and it constantly amazed me that ESPN kept talking about their DL, which was good... but their secondary was extremely good as well. I would not be shocked if someone had him as their #1 safety.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I just watched the Louisville vs FIU game (the game... not cutups).

The biggest strengths everyone is raving about are Cyprien's physical hitting and his flying to the football, but all of FIU's defensive backfield is like that.

He's a big hitting, strong safety that plays deep and covers well. He struggles getting his head around at times and will deliver the big hit (sometimes to his detriment). Louisville avoided him for the most part. When they did go to his side, he was in position to make the play.

Can take on offensive linemen and win.

Honestly, He looked like an elite safety and it constantly amazed me that ESPN kept talking about their DL, which was good... but their secondary was extremely good as well. I would not be shocked if someone had him as their #1 safety.
Does this mean we have to use one of our 1st round picks on him? So be it...

At least we will have a guy that is worthy of wearing the number 37 now:-)
Old 02-09-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Does this mean we have to use one of our 1st round picks on him? So be it...

At least we will have a guy that is worthy of wearing the number 37 now:-)
I think the guy is a first rounder. The only thing that I can see keeping teams away from him is the college game avoided him a lot, so he wasn't always in the frame, but when you went at him, he made the plays he should have.

Maybe teams will be concerned if he runs worse than 4.65... His speed looked questionable at times. If he goes to the combine and runs a 4.50 or better, I guarantee you he's in the first round.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Yeah, I really like him. I have watched the Senior Bowl a couple of times and it seemed like on every play you could see that black helmet come into the picture. Not always in the middle of the play, but always around it. And I thought he looked like he had decent speed. Not a burner by any means, but I don't see it as a liability at the next level. I see him running in the low-mid 4.5's.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I was actually at the FIU vs FAU game this season. I can't say I was exactly scouting from my seat, but Cyprien did stand out. FAU mostly avoided throwing his way, but he did get beat deep once in the second half. He made up for it on, I think, the next play when he intercepted FAU's quarterback at goal line. The quarterback, Wilbert, hadn't thrown a pick in something like 200 pass attempts. Against the run, he was quite impressive and FIU used him quite a bit as a blitzer.
Thanks Profit&Loss... that's exactly what I was looking to hear, first-hand accounts.
Film is always one thing, but being there and seeing the whole field is much better.

I almost went to FAU, wish I would have.

Does this guy remind you at all of Louis Delmas or not?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyprien was very impressive at the Senior Bowl, which we noted in the reports.

If I were to describe Cyprien in three words they would be: Physical, Aggressive & Confident.

Solid mid-round value in my opinion.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

If I were to describe Cyprien in three words they would be: Physical, Aggressive & Confident.

What weaknesses do you see that keep him from going higher?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll go before the mid rounds.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He'll be a top 50 selection

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Thanks Profit&Loss... that's exactly what I was looking to hear, first-hand accounts.
Film is always one thing, but being there and seeing the whole field is much better.

I almost went to FAU, wish I would have.

Does this guy remind you at all of Louis Delmas or not?
Delmas is a pretty decent comparison, although I like Cyprien more than I liked Delmas coming out.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

The 4th round is the middle of the draft.... why would he not be worthy of a 2nd round selection?
What's he missing?
Old 02-12-2013, 05:10 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I decided to watch a little bit of him, and I'm impressed. Seems a lot more rangy and better suited to cover tight ends than people have given him credit for. I'm excited for his combine performance. If he impresses, I can totally buy him as a first rounder.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cyprien is an in the box safety and I'm not sure how much use there is for that in today's NFL. He can cover TEs a bit, I'll agree there, but I think he'll struggle if asked to man up or to cover a deep zone.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote